Most lunux users are really dumb

You fucking retards need to quit distro hopping and just download Ubuntu 18.04 bionic butthole or Mint which is basically the same thing with cinnamon.

> but I prefer Kubuntu not GNOME 3

Desktop environments and distros are two separate things. Once you realize that you will quit distro hopping.

1: Cinnamon
2: Plasma
3: Unity
4: Gnome 3
5: tint2+openbox

imo are the best modern looking DE's in listed orders, the rest are for old hardware or for nostalgia autism. No need to use them unless you have a toaster. Also a toaster can run 5.

> but I need arch for the latest software

Arch and Gentoo are distros for advance users who actually work and contribute to new software and features, or need very specific hardware settings. Not an edgy teenager that wants to impress people

Flatpak, Snap, app image and PPA's can give you the latest version of software on Ubuntu.

> but muh i3 ricing, and animu girl wallpapers

When's the last time you actually used your lunux for productivity and work?
Modifying your DE to make it more efficient isn't the same as tweaking every single aspect of it like a man child.

> Muh FOSS

FOSS is awesome and should be used as much as possible, but not be an major incovience if you have to use proprietary elements such as drivers, video codecs and wifi so be it, if it gets the job done.

Attached: linux-penguins-arguing-100595228-primary.idge.jpg (620x413, 210K)

>Jow Forums
>productivity and work

Jokes on you, i use arch + dwm at work

Just install Regolith if you need to be productive.

>Desktop environments and distros are two separate things.
no shit. everybody has different taste
>Arch and Gentoo are distros for advance users who actually work and contribute to new software and features, or need very specific hardware settings.
no. they're for everyone

I agree with the rest

t. mactoddler

Attached: 1534080129485.gif (540x540, 279K)

>You fucking retards need to quit distro hopping and just download Ubuntu 18.04 bionic butthole or Mint which is basically the same thing with cinnamon.
you are right

>most lunux users are really dumb
you mean retards who pretend to like linux, and then blame it for problems caused but their own ignorance.

Just like Windows users, macOS users, etc.
Most people of any group are dumb.

Not to mention single OS dumbasses.

>Arch and Gentoo are distros for advance users who actually work and contribute to new software and features
my sides have left the building

You are? Shit even mactoddlers use this gif now.

>You fucking retards need to quit distro hopping and just download Ubuntu 18.04 bionic butthole or Mint which is basically the same thing with cinnamon. but I prefer Kubuntu not GNOME 3
Desktop environments and distros are two separate things. Once you realize that you will quit distro hopping.

that's why you use debian OP

OpenSUSE.
Anything Debian-based is garbage.

Most retarded post I've read today. Openbloat runs like shit in any computer, Debian runs fast even on 20 year old toasters. Not even comparing the amount of packages one has compared to the other. Stupid fuck.

>Openbloat runs like shit in any computer
Have sex™ and buy yourself a 2010 computer with Core 2 Duo and 4 GiB of RAM. OpenSUSE will run there just fine.
>Not even comparing the amount of packages one has compared to the other. Stupid fuck.
Have sex™, instead of installing every fucking package manually. Like really, why I have download additional junk on Debian to get a fucking basic feature like WiFi or brightness work?
>Debian runs fast even on 20 year old toasters
Compile your own distro. Debian has minimal requirments of 2004 toaster. With Pentium 4 and 512 megs of RAM

fpbp

Fedora is great for all level of users.

>FOSS is awesome and should be used as much as possible, but not be an major incovience if you have to use proprietary elements such as drivers, video codecs and wifi so be it, if it gets the job done.

Great to see that ot everyone on Jow Forums is a backwards retard.

>>but muh i3 ricing, and animu girl wallpapers

>When's the last time you actually used your lunux for productivity and work?

This. Linux on the desktop is a toy OS for toddlers.

>What is Gentoo, Void, and Nix/GUIX The post

Look, you're not special because of the "have sex" meme that all you newfags from the last 2-3 years spam around. The matter of the fact is Debian is a much better distro than openSUSE for pretty much everything.
And no, openBloat doesn't run fine on a core 2 duo. You're full of shit just like openSUSE is.

I distro hopped for years, started on ubuntu, tried fedora, arch, slack, gentoo, etc. and ended up back on ubuntu with a lot more knowledge than I started with.
You can also rice ubuntu just fine, I've been using Awesome WM for years, and haven't really changed my configs at all since I nailed them down a couple years ago.

>The matter of the fact is Debian is a much better distro than openSUSE for pretty much everything.
>Nothing works, everything requires anal sex
>better
Kek.
>And no, openBloat doesn't run fine on a core 2 duo. You're full of shit just like openSUSE is.
Werk on my machine. If it can run Windows 7 - it can run OpenSUSE.

The penguins still squabble and bicker, dividing the effort that might some day have resulted in a usable OS.
Such are the rewards of rampant egotism.

Attached: 15 competing Standards.png (500x283, 24K)

>You're full of shit just like openSUSE is.
In my younger days, seking enlightenment, I bought a book that said on the cover that it was "all about UNIX".
It was, in fact, all about SUSE.

>it can run OpenSUSE.
Is that something you're likely to want to do?
I'm thinking "no".

linux more liek unix for eunuchs

It does work. 100%.
Anyway, it is the only distro, where KDE doesn't krash.

Ubuntu is babys first distro, use Debian.
Liking cinnimon is personal preference, I think it's shit, personally I like gnome 3.

> Arch and Gentoo are distros for advance >users who actually work and contribute to new > software and features, or need very specific >hardware settings. Not an edgy teenager that > wants to impress people
LOL based.
> but muh i3 ricing, and animu girl wallpapers
Weebs should stick to winblowz or crapintosh, they give real Linux users a bad name.
weeaboo
Your opinion only.
Uh no it's not.
> This. Linux on the desktop is a toy OS for >toddlers.
Go rice your winblowz then fag.

> implying anyone cares about your opinion

Imagine taking the time to type all this lmao

>FOSS
Say free. Fuck the OSM.

>Your opinion only
At least my own. Not parroting somebody.

I've been using gentoo for 4 years now, mainly because chromium hasn't finished compiling yet

The desktop Linux people aren't significantly different from flat earthers or homeopathy people. They need to cling to something to give them a false sense of superiority, and Linux is that drug for IT people. Learning hundreds of terminal commands only gives you the illusion that you're doing something important with your life, lose the obsession and stop beating a dead horse.

As opposed to pointing and clicking on winblowz.
Moron detected.

>t.brainlet

Pointing and clicking makes more money if you aren't wasting your time on bullshit.

translation: I just realized this myself

the least informed thing possible to say
Microsoft invented powershell in order to automate system maintenance through scripting, anyone managing a large group of systems is clinging to 'homeopathy' or some shit to manage their corporate network, apparently

>You fucking retards need to quit distro hopping
Haven't changed distro for years
>Ubuntu
I'm not a nigger.
>bloat DEs
Kill yourself
>When's the last time you actually used your lunux for productivity and work?
Every day
>FOSS
Stop consuming so much onions. It's free software, not FOSS. Stop sounding like a dumb nigger gorilla.

Like the average user needs powershell or CLI, sorry, MS designed an OS for the masses and yours is shit for the masses.

this has nothing to do with a pseudoscience cult and an OS of choice.

>hurr you don't have the same philosophy as me when it comes to your operating system ur retarded
>reeee

>gnome 3
>on any list
it's so shit and has literally set back the progress of linux on the desktop by ten years
I've got no idea how it was adopted by so many distros as default. It's absurdly bad, and the GNOME team proves themselves more and more incompetent as time goes by.

but yeah, there's a stupid amount of people who bitch about Linux when pretty much all their problems would be solved if they used one of the mainline Ubuntu versions instead of some other bullshit

>needing terminal
honestly, the only time I'm at the terminal these days is when I'm programming
like, I'll have a terminal window open usually, but it goes unused all day otherwise