Fuck AMD

>just bought an MSI Radeon RX 570 ARMOR 8G OC
>downloaded Adrenalin.
>tried to install drivers and apps
>Error 1603 – A General Error Has Occurred During the Installation of the AMD Software Package
>check the logs
>2 missing packages: AMD Settings and AMD Control Center

How the fuck did they manage to fuck that up? How the fuck do I fix this?

Attached: 1024[1].png (1024x820, 742K)

Other urls found in this thread:

support.microsoft.com/el-gr/help/834484/you-receive-an-error-1603-a-fatal-error-occurred-during-installation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You bought a card with a modeled bios, retard. Reflash the stock bios.

>just bought an MSI

No, fuck you for being retarded

Modded*

/thread

Wattman is fucking trash, fans wouldn't work the way I set them to.
Had to use msi afterburner.

It's well-known that AMD hardware is subpar compared to Intel + Nvidia hardware. This is also further compounded by the fact that Intel + Nvidia have better drivers and a better relationship with game developers. Intel + Nvidia is well-supported and well optimized.

AMD is the budget-bin bargain thrift-store 2nd-rate bottom-bucket off-brand no-name poor-people choice. AMD tried to make up for this with Mantle, but Mantle failed and was salvaged by a third party to create Vulkan, an API that's hardly in anything.

Why would you go to McDonalds for a hamburger when you can go to 5 Guys or In and Out?

werks on my machine
cope harder poorfag, amd is for the elite

Attached: aKCAW5x_d.jpg (640x647, 35K)

AMD is fucking garbage. Everything they make is absolutely, objectively crappy as shit and only a fat neckbeard would buy this shit-tier crappy shit because he's afraid of running out of autismbux (because God forbid he spend less money on Taco Bell and Mountain Dew.) I tried building an AMD gaming rig once and it was the worst experience of my life. First off, that CPU clip is fucking impossible to use. It looks just like an old Pentium CPU clip, but it's autistically retarded and I couldn't deal with it. And the graphics card was so fucking huge, I had to cut a hole all the way around my case to fit it in. Fucking AMD.

But wait, that's not even the best part! When I tried to start up my shitty autismbox (which I sold to the Association of Retarded Citizens BTW) the absolutely massive power draw dimmed every light in my house and throughout the entire neighborhood like I was firing up fucking ENIAC in the 1920s or some bullshit. I had plenty of time to worry about my power bill too, because this shitty thing couldn't figure out which of its 32 CPU cores to use and it took half a day to boot. As soon as I tried to play a game (fucking Starcraft from 1998), it lagged so hard it went backwards. I thought I should try downloading a driver, but there aren't any. There are no fucking drivers. What the shit, AMD? No wonder Apple doesn't use your shit. It wasn't long after that that I realized this thing was putting out more heat than a goddamn jet engine and it burned my house down.

Two weeks later, when I sold that piece of shit, I built an Intel/Nvidia rig! Holy shit, it's like jacking into the Matrix! I built it 5 years ago and it still runs every game in 4K at 240 FPS while using no power and it actually cools my house during the summer. What a beautiful machine, I seriously hope none of you are poor and stupid enough to buy AMD.

OP here, my old AMD Radeon HD 6870 died after 8 years of loyal service. I'm not using my 570 for anything above 1080p and I don't run the latest on max settings. Besides, I have tuition, rent, insurance, and groceries to pay.

I'm not fucking around with flashing BIOSes, I just wanted to know if anyone knew a way to download those missing packages (in the form of *.msi most likely).

just look at this pasta boy

Attached: 1558296151559.jpg (820x822, 195K)

>No wonder Apple doesn't use your shit

Attached: laughingvikings.jpg (538x482, 64K)

You should return it and get a Gigabyte Vega 56 reference. They are dirt cheap. It's a much better card.

>Error 1603

>FUCK AMD

support.microsoft.com/el-gr/help/834484/you-receive-an-error-1603-a-fatal-error-occurred-during-installation

MEANWHILE AT MICROSOFT

>reference

Attached: 1509776234802.jpg (485x428, 37K)

sure thing Rakeesh

Attached: 1547834014776.png (4366x2638, 3.42M)

>support.microsoft.com/el-gr/help/834484/you-receive-an-error-1603-a-fatal-error-occurred-during-installation

>Windows Installer is attempting to install an app that is already installed on your PC.
no
>The folder that you are trying to install the Windows Installer package to is encrypted.
no
>The drive that contains the folder that you are trying to install the Windows Installer package to is accessed as a substitute drive.
no
>The SYSTEM account does not have Full Control permissions on the folder that you are trying to install the Windows Installer package to. You notice the error message because the Windows Installer service uses the SYSTEM account to install software.
Where do you think we are?

It installed every package except for the 2 I mentioned. Those missing packages are also not found in the folder containing the installer and *msi files.

>Vega 56
That one costs twice as much as an RX 570.

Why does AMD allow this if it breaks things so thoroughly? It's like knowingly allowing a partner to sell broken versions of your products.

GNU/Linux has the drivers pre installed :^)

and far better OpenGL + Vulkan performance to boot!
I don't normally recommend AMD GPUs if someone's building a Windows Gaming PC or whatever but definitely for Linux for flawless plug and play like Intel, and it'll be interesting to see how the upcoming Intel GPU is going to fair under both too.

So people can better overclock their GPUs, unlike Nvidia which lock their GPUs down.

It's nigger tier thinking like this that caused AMD to lock both the VBIOS and PPTable for Navi.

>chinks don't use chink amd
What's their game, what are (((they))) hiding from us?

AMD drivers have like 2GB each update and they don't delete automatically

you literally have a 8gb folder full of zipped and unzipped updates

I know somebody who's having 5 guys in and out of them.

AMD is an american company. Can't believe how many times I have to correct newfags over this.
Jewtel on the other hand...

i had that problem with windows 8.1 years and pretty much had to delete and reinstall windows.

But if it makes the drivers fail to install out of the box, it should be something the user has to do themselves or at least that version of the product should come with a massive warning box when purchasing it.