Dads PC

I built this as a Father's Day gift so my dad can stop using a shitty Walmart prebuilt when he games. Core i7 7800x 32gigs of ram with room for more, a 1080 and 16 tb worth of storage in raid for his steam library.

Attached: 20190606_145306.jpg (4032x3024, 3.52M)

and?
my comment is beyond original

>7800x
>1080
its a nice build user, and its very kind of you to do this for your dad, but why the old specs? old build? used parts?

Cool blog.
I hope he enjoy the dust sticking top everything in that case

And it's full rgb

Attached: 20190611_143537.jpg (4032x3024, 1.92M)

>intel
>nvidia
did you do any research at all?

It's basically what I had laying around in my shop and he doesnt do anything more than esports so I wasn't going to throw 5 grand at it

>x299 in 2019
>7800x
>6c 12t @ 3.5ghz w/ 4ghz single core turbo

The 9900k is essentially the same price, much cheaper motherboard, and has 8c 12t @ 3.6ghz w/ a 5.0Ghz single core turbo and a 4.7Ghz all core turbo.
It's just a more powerful CPU by a mile. While being MUCH cheaper for the motherboard.

Not to mention, a 1080 which is what, 3 years old now?

Cool blog post

Well, nice build user.
I like it!
t.has only 8GB on his desktop

Maybe you should stop siphoning photos form reddit and post them here

why not just mount the radiator the other way...?

Those LOOOOONG vertical tubes seem like a waste when you could've just turned the rad around and had the connects at the top.

Attached: dadu.gif (480x600, 106K)

>7800x
>1080
>ram in the wrong slots

Attached: 1547943613865.gif (176x144, 1.73M)

Isn't that a nightmare to bleed with your reservoir not at a high point?

>Open case fans

WHAT WAS THAT, OP? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF YOUR FUCKING FANS

>ram in the wrong slots

holy shit

those fans are apparently only 20.2dba, so should be any louder than the pump or PSU, or other random background noise.

Very odd choices and poor value. He'd be better off with a top tier gpu, 16 gb of higher clocked ram, and a mainstream desktop motherboard with a 8700k or 9700k.

Also odd choices for your bends. I would have flipped the radiator and pout the drain port on the bottom of the res/pump.

>Core i7 7800x 32gigs of ram with room for more, a 1080
if you hated your father so much to set him on fire, hiring a hitman would've been cheaper than that piece of burning trash

retard alert

Attached: retard alert.png (1590x1174, 286K)

Nice of you, OP. What games does your dad play?

>that extremely outdated cpu
>that extremely outdated gpu
>that motherboard
>that hardline watercooling setup that needs regular maintenance and is very hard to maintain
>the open air case with no protection for any of the parts from dust or anything else
>the fact you never bothered to read your own overpriced motherboard's manual to find out which RAM slots you were supposed to use
And you gave all this to your FATHER who was previously using a PREBUILT and clearly doesn't have the time nor the appetite to maintain this extremely retarded setup or even how to troubleshoot the inevitable leak? And I know there will be a leak because you're the one that came up with this setup and you're the one that built it, so I know you're retarded and therefore I know it will leak.

Why are you so retarded, user? Did your father never teach you to value your money or time or even to READ?

>user..I..
>you are a disappointment piece of shit

>google 7800x
>shop is first result
>[poor translation inc]
>with incredible six cores and twelve threads, intel's new core i7 7800X paves the way for parallel workloads and demanding tasks
>wiki result comes up
>released mid 2017
calling this HEDT processor incredible after ryzen 1 launched a quarter year earlier with 8c/16t consumer CPUs is a bit of a stretch, kek

Attached: huehuehue.gif (400x201, 1.53M)

>That ram set up
found the literal newfag that let retards build this PC together for him cuz he is completely incompetent

>7800x
why do you want to burn your father alive?

Why does nobody ITT find it odd that somebody's father plays vidya? Am I too old for this place?

I know 60+ year olds that play video games

Especially shit like train simulator.

>EKWB
user...

You wasted your money on the 7800x but otherwise it's nice. Good job user, you're a good son.

this varies by mobo

Basically the same specs as my gaming laptop (well, I've got an i7-8750H but close enough) though I don't have that much storage in my actual laptop, just a 1TB SSD and 6TB HDD internal, but I have yet to find a game that it can't run at high/ultra so if your dad is only doing esports titles that machine is going to blow his fucking mind and last him the better part of a decade before he's even got to start switching to medium settings.

Nicely done, OP. You're a good son. Pic related.

Attached: ffb.jpg (496x600, 94K)

I wish I knew my dad...

no shit sherlock

Attached: moron.png (800x1205, 35K)

The water goes to the GPU then to the CPU? Are you retarded?

I'm here, son. And I quit smoking so I won't ever go out for a pack of smokes again.

You are aware that in a system like that, you can just reverse the pump and the water goes the other way, yeah?