Technology words that upset you

>small footprint
>double you double you double you dot
>minimalistic

Attached: judge-judy.gif (390x259, 982K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a-BOSpxYJ9M
youtube.com/watch?v=V1SpFt7zJUM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I hate when people describe something having “clean look” because it doesn’t have logos or something. It makes me so fucking angry to hear it, especially when it’s involving Apple products.

'cybersecurity'

Linux

"Rockstar"

artisan

cloud

>app
>just works
Only >iPhone/Samsung phone

>CoC
>Everything in Linux, or gnu software mailing list post 2015.

nigger

Minimalistic and clean look gotta be the most disgusting. Everyone understands something different, usually something retarded.

Holy fuck this. I hear this shit at work every day. The acronym SaaS can suck a dick too.

>internet of things

>pay with your phone

Attached: d90.png (644x800, 15K)

>daily driver

Attached: 1559589534735.jpg (227x222, 6K)

>*lake

>Industry 4.0
>Digitalisierung (digitalisation(?))

Terms that normies and marketers use

The Cloud
IoT
Rig
App
USB Flash Stick
Two in ones
Notebook
Smart appliances
Wearables
CompSci
Any apple term (Retina,FaceTime,etc)

SystemD.

>media consumption

>Neural networking
>Blockchain
>Cloud computing
>Deep thinking
>AI

this

Software engineer

upset

>folder

Why does everyone hates systemd so much?
I don't understand why, I don't even know what's systemd and what's his purpose.
I need some to explain me this shit.
>t.linux newfag

Ray Tracing
Deliverables
OOP
Machine Learning
AI Assisted
VR
Full Stack Developer
Audiophile
Daily Driver
Keeb
Artisan
Thin and Light
Ultrabook

Scrum

using the word code as a verb has always pissed me off

Definitely AI and everything related to it.

This and 'no clutter' when there is no fucking buttons or actual functionality.

needful
doubt
cricket

Ecosystem
Guru
Dark Theme
Widget
Coder
Content Creators
Any Boomer term(Bells and whistles,dot com,The facebook)
Future proof
Bleeding Edge
HDR
People who pronounce GUI as "gooey"

I read on here some time ago that "code" as a verb was made by business people to attempt to describe what programmers did back before computers were as big as they are now

Why? How would you describe those two concepts?

>people who pronouce gnome as nome
as if using it wasn't bad enough

Smart Devices
Contactless Pay
RGB
Google(as a verb, EX:just google x user!)
Big Data
Voice Recognition
Drone
Quantum Computing
Analytics
Agile
Prosumer
YouTuber
Streamer

>Agile
I hate that one so much, especially after seeing a video about it where they say how basically people started calling it Agile out of stupidity youtube.com/watch?v=a-BOSpxYJ9M

Hi Def
Hi Res
HiFi
VR Ready
Applet
Touch Base
Hack
Hacker
Bandwidth
5G
Techie
Next Gen
Dev Ops
Start Up
Bang for your buck
Productivity

fuck this shit. necrobump

SAAS
Internet of Things
Industrie 4.0

Attached: 1649.jpg (300x201, 20K)

I will be thankful for small mercies: Its been a long time since I heard someone refer to a computer as their "compy". God did I hate that.

>dubyadubyadubyadot

Attached: George-Bush-Making-Funny-Face-Image.jpg (1600x1066, 142K)

nobodies going to spoonfeed you, mongoloid. all it takes is a simple query on your preffered search engine and you can figure it out all on your own. alas, you are big baby retard faggot fuck and cannot do anything for yourself.

I've already search that shit a ton of times but I need someone to explain it to me fucking retard, I need more information about that shit.

>cracking
in terms of """criminal hacking"""

Cracker as well

YES holy fuck I first read that in "hacking for dummies" while I was looking at it in a bookstore and I instantly put it back on the shelf

Attached: 1560314321152.jpg (346x346, 30K)

fuck of jamal

>here's what you need to know
>(technology X) and why you need it
>inclusive
>Ecosystem
Anything pic related

Attached: woke_as_a_UX_PM_Dev-1024x576.png (1024x576, 451K)

Bootcamp
Render Farm
Warez
Selfie
Crowd Founded
AR
Super/Turbo Charger
Phablet
Dongle
Micro Transaction
Price Point
Form Factor

I have a friend who will not stop referring to physical ports as 'puter cooters. USB, VGA, HDMI, PS/2, FUCKING AUDIO JACKS, it doesn't matter, they're all 'puter cooters. He does this just to piss me off ever since I corrected him that "dongle" was a real word. "I bet my PC really enjoys me shoving this dongle in the 'puter cooter" he'll say as he plugs in his wired mouse.
Drives me up the fucking wall.

he sounds based

Coding.

Systemd is an init. In very vague terms it starts and stops services (processes with some other stuff). Thing is, there used to be a lot of different and separate tools for this. Want an init? Use initd. Want to schedule jobs? Use cron. Then systemd came along and started doing all of this. So instead of a modular system where each tool does one thing and does it well, we have systemd doing a bunch of them. It even added a bootloader as an alternative to Grub.
People liked the modularity of Unix and dislike having a single tool doing 20 things instead of 20 tools. I personally don't mind systemd, it's good at what it does, I'm just answering you as to why people dislike it.
Another concern - much bigger for me - is that, while it is FOSS, the codebase has gotten so large and complex that it's at the point of being unauditable, so the old adage of "if you don't trust it, look at the source" isn't enforceable with it. I doubt systemd has a backdoor, but it's a very valid concern. It is PID 1 after all so it can control everything else.

"clean website"

Attached: 1452203309900.png (925x720, 630K)

Holy shit, that's hilarious

I want to strangle people whenever they call something their "daily driver"

>People liked the modularity of Unix and dislike having a single tool doing 20 things instead of 20 tools.

Hence why Linux desktop market is a joke and always will be.

I don't give 2 shits about the popularity of my OS. I literally care more about the stock wallpaper.

youtube.com/watch?v=V1SpFt7zJUM

Cloud: Off prem/off site or just "servers" if you don't have any on prem at all.
SaaS: Just "services". Alternatively "expensive shit we don't own and have almost no control over".
Both are marketing terms used to make things sound fresh and new. They're losing their luster though, so expect some new revolutionary way of hosting a fucking server to hit all the business mags within the next couple of years.

This. It is the most retarded made up word ive ever heard.

Unterbewertet

content creators/creation

>broke the internet
Just fucking say it went viral holy shit

>made up word

All words are made up

>app
IT'S PROGRAM YOU FAGGOTS

>Any apple term (Retina,FaceTime,etc)
s-s-superdrive!

It's not a joke, you just don't understand the beauty of it. A tool is like a function: do one thing, do it well, do it with elegance and simplicity, and don't create unexpected side effects or unexpected behaviors.

machine learning

you just KNOW that the faggot who said that is a sóy-drinking mouth-opening worm

>my
as in
>my firefox
>my chrome
>my word
>my outlook
>"my isn't opening!"
bitch please call it by its normal name

>'puter cooter

Attached: 1536025379847.jpg (657x527, 34K)

good thread..

”bezels”
“dongle”

based alman

>immutable *

America's intellectuals are riding a lot of hope on the chance that one day something else will be able to think in their stead and that said thing will be their subordinate.

IA
those who know will agree

Autists that keep calling computers bawxes
its borderline toxic. You don't see mechanics walking around refusing to say car and calling everything a box.
You can call it a shitbox but nobody says my honda box needs a new starter. Its gay and cringey.

and this.

why would those words upset you lol