Never obsolete

never obsolete

Attached: 20160202084750_77666.jpg (500x500, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcworld.com/article/2842647/intel-will-pay-you-15-to-settle-claims-it-fudged-pentium-4-benchmarks.html
extremetech.com/computing/193480-intel-finally-agrees-to-pay-15-to-pentium-4-owners-over-amd-athlon-benchmarking-shenanigans
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Based, vastly superior to presshot garbage

>had 64 x2 5600 a few years ago
>can't even handle watching html5 video on youtube
>incredibly sluggish in even basic internet usage

>no SSE4.1 instruction set support
>DDR2 memory

it was obsolete even for its time

blame your video card, not this based processor

t. P4 apologist lmoa

>2005
>ddr3 ram
brainlet

I've got one and it's quite obsolete. Just for kicks I put some extra RAM and a GTX 1060 in it. Still runs modern browsers rather slowly but still acceptable. But in even fairly low spec games there's CPU lag everywhere even on lowest settings.

>mfw I'm still on a 4200 64 X2

These days it's best used for Linux machines, not any version of Winbloat.

You're a fucking idiot who has no idea what he's talking about. It will run the same browsers the same on any platform, you fucking idiot.

It's called OS overhead you absolute mong. It will run the same browsers the same way on any platform given you have the exact same background utilization, not just on your processor but on your I/O. And Winbloat is legendary about its shitty I/O utilization.

I used that shitty CPU a year ago on a Linux distribution and it was tedious for even basic tasks like web browsing.

Which distro?

The distribution doesn't matter you fucking retard, because they all use the same kernel in virtually the same configuration, retard.

But that's not true, retard.

Post objective data with the same programs running across different distributions that show a significant difference. You can't.

could set up a basic gentoo system on it in like a day
surprised the fuck out of me

It takes a special kind of retard to say this kind of shit on a technology board

You're right, because no one's bothered to run those tests because it's obvious. The simple fact is lightweight distros require fewer minimum resources and thus have lower application overhead. There are Linux distributions running the latest Linux Kernel and compatible with all the latest applications that can run just fine on a Pentium 3 with 256 megabytes of RAM. Take antiX Linux for example.
You are a glow-in-the-dark CIA nigger and if I ever see you on the street I'm running you over with my car.

>dual core processor from 13 years ago that was inferior to the competition even at launch
>never obsolete
You could've made a case with an overclocked Q6600 or something, but not those things. Single core Athlon 64s a couple years earlier were neat for their time, and they were helped by the fact that Netburst was terrible, but Intel comprehensively took the crown with the Core architecture.

based

Good luck browsing the modern web with your Pentium 3 CPU.

I am still waiting for objective data how running the same programs on different distributions has a significant difference in "speed".

Never Obsolete

Attached: 61oPXi6DNAL._SL1255_.jpg (1255x933, 107K)

You are waiting on that info instead of choosing to test it for yourself because you are a subhuman piece of glow-in-the-dark living waste with no detectable brain activity. Killing you would be a kindness.
Also, the Pentium 3 is not a 64 bit CPU, or a dual core, so it's obsolete, unlike the CPU in the OP, and I would thus never use it. But I still could if I wanted to, because I don't glow in the dark and I'm not niggertrash, like you.

You're right, it's never obsolete, but it's eternally trash since release.

>can't post data to back up his retarded claims

>pcworld.com/article/2842647/intel-will-pay-you-15-to-settle-claims-it-fudged-pentium-4-benchmarks.html
mhmm

15 dollars LMAO

>Lower IPC than PhenomChad II
>same clock speed
>housefire
fx cant compete with PhenomChad II

hm... but you are informed that the FX series literally led the rankings in its time?

>extremetech.com/computing/193480-intel-finally-agrees-to-pay-15-to-pentium-4-owners-over-amd-athlon-benchmarking-shenanigans
we wuz top performers an sheeit

Attached: classic kike tactics.jpg (921x865, 147K)

>decent video card
>h.264ify extension
You're not even trying user.

FX has a much more complete instruction set, some games or programs won't even boot on K10.

It doesn't even need to be decent. I have a laptop with a HD4350 and the video decoder on that is capable of doing 1080p h264.
antiX + h264ify gave that laptop new life.

Led the rankings in which category? TDP? Operating temperature? Largest die size? Lowest IPC? Highest cache latency? Most overpriced? Lowest fps?
It was good in one category. Multithreaded performance. And even there, it was tied with any even slightly overclocked 2600k. Yet the 8150 carried a high 300+ dollar asking price at release and was a bitch to cool. A 2500k was simply the better buy, and even 7 years later with gaming technology caught up to FX thread counts, you'll still have a hard time justifying purchasing an 8150 over a 2500K at the same pricepoint.

It was obsolete when Conroe slapped its bitch ass for a fraction if its price.

You can still give a good PIII system a couple gigabytes of RAM and multiple sockets and it will still solve plenty of problems effectively and quickly. Doesn't help much for webshit, though, even my quad-slot SGI Visual Workstation is slow to shitpost around these parts.

PhenomChad II can still manage modern games