Flutter

I fell for the flutter meme. But I can't find proper examples for where to start or books to read
Flutter thread btw

Attached: images.png (400x200, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/flutter/flutter/wiki/Desktop-shells
appbrewery.co
youtube.com/watch?v=b2fgMCeSNpY&list=PLJbE2Yu2zumDqr_-hqpAN0nIr6m14TAsd
udemy.com/course/dart-and-flutter-the-complete-developers-guide/
udemy.com/course/learn-flutter-dart-to-build-ios-android-apps/
udemy.com/course/flutter-dart-the-complete-flutter-app-development-course/
hackernoon.com/whats-revolutionary-about-flutter-946915b09514
fuchsia.googlesource.com/fuchsia/ log
github.com/alibaba/flutter_boost
thoughtbot.com/blog/examining-performance-differences-between-native-flutter-and-react-native-mobile-development
youtube.com/watch?v=kpcjBD1XDwU&feature=youtu.be&t=428
dart.dev/tools/dart2aot
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>embedded
Lmoa

Bumping for my australian friend

Attached: 1560538518077.jpg (923x519, 67K)

kek

Google awesome-flutter. There are many projects you can dl and play with + resources. Also there is an official flutter channel on youtube with good explanation for one particular topic.

>awesome-flutter
Ah, interesting, i will definetly check it, also im suscribed to the youtube channel but its topics are more to advanced users, im more like a newbie, thank you by the way

You are welcome! Half a year ago I built my first app in flutter. What helped was that I had a clear goal of what I wanted to build and some experience in functional programming (you don't need it, but it influence how flutter handles state). In one week I built like 70% functionality, then did a comllete rewrite within 3 days. I started with a minimal project that worked and expanded it to my needs. It was a blast and hopefully I can release my app in like 2,3 months. Good luck user!

Look up some courses on udemy.

>or books to read
There are no books.

Flutter isnt a meme, its actually great and anyone complaining that it uses dart instead of their favorite lang is retarded.
Flutter will definitely be one of the biggest frameworks of late 2020, better get good at it now.

someone tell me where do I find the main text color of a flutter theme?

I am trying to extract it from "theme.primaryTextTheme.body1.color", but htis seems wrong and gives me a transparent/white colour in light theme

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-16 at 01.28.03.png (968x236, 80K)

Link the git you pulled it from

nvm, fixed it by using "theme.textTheme.display1.color;"

>2020
>Sunsetting Flutter and 15 Lessons Learned

Attached: .jpg (1024x768, 164K)

>2020
>Introducing chromelang

AFAIR if ypu are using a Scaffold for your app, it likely has a themedata-field. You can set primaryColor there once and it will propagate to all its children that don't overwrite.

Use textTheme, not primaryTextTheme.

SwiftUI

/thread

>Desktop
I have not once seen a single thing on the official site that indicates support for desktop releases.

Attached: __kijin_seija_touhou_drawn_by_akiteru_akiteru98__37b67af57e75d42a6bc8650c9c10145f.jpg (2953x3508, 544K)

Apple only, lol

L O L
O
L

github.com/flutter/flutter/wiki/Desktop-shells
You can already do it, but currently it only works in debug mode, you have to set some environment variables yourself, and clone the template project from github. I hope it will enter beta later this year and become production ready early next year.

Attached: 1_YCCipPVHRj_yhqVHHi6gug.png (1920x1080, 507K)

appbrewery.co

pretty good course here, aimed at beginners.

Can also be pirated easily.

yeah, figured it out

anyone know how to change the colour of the top statusbar over the drawer? it doesn't make much sense for it to be white/grey..

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-16 at 14.32.14.png (459x418, 34K)

It's probably grey because it's transparent on top of a white scaffold. Try changing the background color of your scaffold, or wrapping the scaffold body inside a safearea widget.

Attached: IMG_20190616_154426.jpg (1200x676, 62K)

Or, replace the red header section you currently have with a whole AppBar widget. It should draw behind the phone's status bar.

it's a Drawer widget, wrapping it with SafeArea did the trick, thx

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-16 at 14.52.52.png (1094x506, 120K)

You can do embedded with Javascript now.

Oh, I was blind. What the safearea widget actually does is that it adds padding to the child widgets so that they don't get drawn under the status bar, phone notches, etc.

Not that kind of embedding, you sweet naive user.

How do you know that OP is an Aussie?

Attached: 5f14a1d258473ccbc38683c6c0458ff2.png (642x624, 86K)

it does what I wanted, but now it looks worse lol... just going to use the default stuff..

I see people using ""UserAccountsDrawerHeader"" for this top element. Going to try that.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-16 at 14.58.53.png (472x522, 84K)

Tensor has the best free Flutter tutorials on youtube, he also does livestreams
youtube.com/watch?v=b2fgMCeSNpY&list=PLJbE2Yu2zumDqr_-hqpAN0nIr6m14TAsd

Anybody wanna start some project together?

is it chrome again?

No.

Flutter and shypilled.

whats flutter

>dart
i was interested until i read this

A crossplattform framework for building native apps on any platform
>Hurr Durr nOt mY lANgUagE sO iT's bAD

So I can finally write ios swift on linux?

No flutter uses dart, you can do desktop apps but flutter for desktop isn't production ready yet

like what? do you have matrix?

>Flutter
>A language made by Google

It'll be dead in less than 10 years. When some large cross platform Google app does a rewrite and they avoid using flutter, it'll all come apart.

Google isn't a dogfood company for some reason.

This
The only reason it's relevant is that the adsense department somehow decided to adopt it
Doesn't see serious use elsewhere

It's one thing Facebook does right. Enforce adoption of their languages/frameworks and that causes a lot of clever solutions to problems others will run into.

It also creates a great feedback loop for problems and engineering elegant solutions.

Google creates a new framework or language every other week and they never use it internally unless forced. With their current leadership Android would've died an early death.

best 3 Udemy courses for Flutter
udemy.com/course/dart-and-flutter-the-complete-developers-guide/
udemy.com/course/learn-flutter-dart-to-build-ios-android-apps/
udemy.com/course/flutter-dart-the-complete-flutter-app-development-course/

who cares man, I've learned react-native before using flutter and it was much easier to switch.

They use similar structure and concepts (updating UI based on state, lifecycle methods, flux architecture etc).

Even if they ditch it, you'll still have some advantage in learning the next thing if you understand the core principles.

That being said, just tested my app on on a real device and damn its performant and smooth.

Just can't get an Hero animation to work (when the image remains the same between screen changes). Get some red artefacts... but whatever, just going to disable it.

The movie? Yah, I got it.

>who cares man, I've learned react-native before using flutter and it was much easier to switch.
>They use similar structure and concepts (updating UI based on state, lifecycle methods, flux architecture etc).
There is a huge difference between how React Native and Flutter is implemented. Dart compiles down to machine code so its a native app, RN has to go through a translator from from web to platform
hackernoon.com/whats-revolutionary-about-flutter-946915b09514

>Flutter
>Recently got production ready
>Already used by Alibaba
>Will be dead

LOL RIGHT, Flutter whether you like it or not is going to be one of the best frameworks to know in 2020

The bottom line is that its a complete waste to have to hire an iOS or Android developer when you can just train a web developer to make Flutter apps. Fullstack web developers should learn Flutter and have it as part of their toolkit so they can be both web and mobile programmers. iOS and Android programmers will be made obsolete within the next year or so

they shill this shit 24/7 holy shit google must be desperate
i bet it ties with some stupid strategy with some project even outside android

it was dead on arrival
stop pushing this inferior webshit inspired shit

Alibaba using it
Several other big companies looking into it
Big in China already
60-120fps with native performance on any platform
Getting more and more adoption everyday

>Dead on arrival
Sure

>Alibaba using it
they got free pr and some kind of priority support for using it

>Several other big companies looking into it
several big companies already rejected it

>60-120fps with native performance on any platform
the bar seems to be low, if this is seen as an accomplishment

>Getting more and more adoption everyday
still below the minimum adoption rate for google to keep it

based google shills

>he hasn't fallen for one of Google's memeworks before
>laughinggirls.png

>based google shills
It's a free tool which will help you write mobile applications faster. I am not surprised people are shilling it.

>tensorflow
>kubernetes
>angularjs
>golang
if you're not using google stuff you're just crippling yourself unnecessarily

k8s and golang are heavily dogfooded and crucial for their operation, check k8s history
the rest I don't want to start a useless flamewar just know that flutter is just yet another google tech that will be abandoned

>yet another google tech that will be abandoned
Please enlighten us. What other dev tech has google abandoned?

you don't know anything, google does not run their services on kubernetes
applications for fuchsia OS are written in flutter, so i doubt it will go away either

>Fuschia not being complete vaporware

Attached: 1541811087136.png (417x526, 9K)

Google web toolkit (GWT) and Angular have been the recent big ones that are dead/dying.

>Its development and design are heavily influenced by Google's Borg system,[8][9] and many of the top contributors to the project previously worked on Borg
thats what I mean, also its a bridge to their cloud services
their disgusting documentation for apis and libraries where only a handful get properly maintained instead of autoconverted to some lang once it loses any traction (e.g. my previous company had to drop google drive support of how bad it became, not sure how it is now), look at the state of angular/js, appengine getting fucked because of gcp, firebase bait and switch, android is heavily gimped if you don't interface with google play services, thats from the top of my mind and I avoid google so I wouldn't know more examples

fuchsia.googlesource.com/fuchsia/ log
yep, it sure looks dead
angular had a major release 2 weeks ago, retard

>they got free pr and some kind of priority support for using it
Lmao, if that was the case they wouldnt still be using it and supporting the community
github.com/alibaba/flutter_boost

>60-120fps with native performance on any platform
As native on android is fucking laggy on its own usually its a fucking godsend, android apps are normally shit but with flutter you get 60+fps apps on shit hardware

Also, I don't see a reason to learn anything else. Flutter is the only framework that supports iOS, Android, macOS, Windows, Linux, and the web (and Fuchsia if anyone cares) AND it does it natively. What's the point of, say, Electron when you can release a native desktop app with your existing cross-platform web and mobile codebase? And yet somehow Flutter still has a better development experience than any of the 'native' frameworks. It's basically magical. There's no such thing as a perfect framework but Flutter comes pretty darn close.

I just took a look at Dart. Fucking disgusting language. I would rather get tortured than programming in Dart.

>Deploying releases
>Implying anyone uses it

I deploy a release every morning after coffee. No one wants what I release though.

Attached: 1546092641694.png (449x800, 84K)

>Dart
great, another meme language!

>had to drop google drive support
I don't understand why I have to repeat this shit in so many threads. Google Drive is not a technology, it's a service. GCP is not a technology, it's a service. Firebase is not a technology, it's a service. Flutter is a technology. Dart is a technology.

I mean look at the state of browsers. They keep adding bloat of the month just so it gets cost prohibitive for others to implement or maintain a browser engine. They only doubled down on polymer or whatever the thing youtube uses because someone wanted to get promoted and they can make other browsers slower, so a win win for them.
That alone is motive to never use anything from them. They abuse their power.

>android apps are normally shit but with flutter you get 60+fps apps on shit hardware
thoughtbot.com/blog/examining-performance-differences-between-native-flutter-and-react-native-mobile-development

lmfao Kotlin apps perform better

that's not what dogfood means
that's not what vaporware means
based
neets

Cool Hello World benchmark, bro. I'll keep this in mind the next time I decide to write a FizzBuzz app.

OP I hope you're at least getting paid for this

Show us proof then. There's no way in the world that a Kotlin/Java app performs worse. You do realize that the GUI components that are rendered within Java/Kotlin are native as well right?

That's the most obvious reason why it's not going anywhere. They spent a decade training retards on bootcamps that don't want to learn anything else. Interoperability doesn't matter. It's the generation that loves Electron. They are trying to make the Wordpress Devs of this generation to learn something new.

>Show us proof then.
I will show you nothing because I have not made any claims. I simply called you out for wasting everyone's time by posting a shitty article.

>lmfao Kotlin apps perform better
probably, but can you write them as fast. And if you know Kotlin and have experience in android development, then you are probably not the target audience.

I on the other hand have no experience with native development and have no time to learn it. I've tried, but seems like its going to take fucking ages (compared to flutter).

You or whoever the fuck else just claimed this you fucking moron:
>android apps are normally shit but with flutter you get 60+fps apps on shit hardware

How the fuck does developing apps in Kotlin take ages? It's literally the most comfy languages around atm.

>May 31, 2018
Wow so Flutter, a FRAMEWORK which was NOT production ready at that time produced worse results than a regular programming language?

Also the first paragraph literally says that he failed to do a proper test and got help from a Flutter engineer which got it closer to native and at that time IT STILL WASNT EVEN PRODUCTION READY

Some people on this board are fucking retarded

i dont know, it would take me ages. There is a learning curve to everything and I've more experience with declarative UI process, instead of fucking around with XML in an slow IDE...

Flutter is in a way more native than native itself. It uses it's own rendering engine and it compiles directly to native code, so performance is the same and it even has potential to be better than what we have with native development. There is a demo video in I think Flutter I/O event, where they run some UI heavy app with many animations on some old samsung phone. The phone itself is laggy, but the app runs without a hiccup.

Found it
youtube.com/watch?v=kpcjBD1XDwU&feature=youtu.be&t=428

Old phone is at 11:50 but I recommend to watch from the timestamp in the URL

>>flutter is going to be better than native
>doesn't understand why people hate non native widgets and why trying to keep up is stupid
>it always lead to a complete mess and we're back at square one
it's either electronville or a dev nightmare, just give up nobody will ever solve this problem until there's only a single platform

Attached: fluttering.png (900x676, 410K)

You really dont understand it do you brainlet?
Look at >it's either electronville or a dev nightmare
Flutter is incredibly easy to pick up, to read and it is a lot easier to create 1 codebase to maintain instead of creating 3 native apps from scratch to cover iOS, Android, Web etc
Also cost and production time for it all says a lot. Flutter also doesnt have the performance/memory problem like electron apps

its you who doesnt understand whats being said or pretend not to get it, answers on tangents
its like youre following a list of talking points
oh wait you are
shill

"old" high end phone from 2014 can run some OpenGL application with 60fps, who would have guessed

also the last minute of this video shows exactly whats wrong with todays dev field
tech shouldn't be hip, it should work reliable and become popular without excessive shilling

Dart would be perfect if it had multithreading support and compilation support.

If my mom had a dick she would be my dad.

Not necessarily

>and compilation support.
You can AOT compile Dart. Flutter apps on desktop and mobile are compiled.

>You can AOT compile Dart
Oh, but there's no runtime environment so you still need the sdk to run it. Gay.
And i want my multithreading NOW. Literally who will make a desktop program with Dart/Flutter without multithreading?

Due to how Flutter works, they can't have any locking between threads. That's why they use isolates.

>Dart would be perfect if it had multithreading support and compilation support.
Dart has isolates for multithreading and it's already able to compile to native machine code

>Literally who will make a desktop program with Dart/Flutter without multithreading?

the same retards who are tempted to use electron with nodejs

dart.dev/tools/dart2aot
Sigh, Dart has multithreading with isolates and the reason people use Node is because it's easier to just get good at one language. It's also better to master 1 lang than to be mediocre at 3 different langs. Also Dart is fast compared to js :-)