Should robots have rights?

Should robots have rights?
youtube.com/watch?v=dKjCWfuvYxQ

Attached: 1560637152768.png (1283x725, 1.03M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gCuG-KJacp8&app=desktop
youtu.be/dKjCWfuvYxQ?t=84
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No.

Republicans should not have rights.

iROBOT BTFO

Attached: 1550961816211.gif (500x491, 376K)

At some point, probably.

Attached: ArcticIgnorantBlackmamba.webm (854x480, 1.29M)

Why would they need rights?

If they get to a point where they become conscious and can feel, what's the difference if they're made out of metal or out of meat?

i'm starting to think the Dynamics people have issues. Just sayin'

>they become conscious and can feel
Counterpoint: They can only ever become that way if someone programs them that way, and anyone attempting to play God and do so for literally no reason other than to create yet another point of conflict for human relations needs to be shot.
Robots don't need to become conscious or feel.

If we ever reach the point of robots having human or near-human levels of sapience then yes, at that point there would be not (ethical) reason to claim that they should not also have the same rights.

How would giving a robot sentience, if it ever becomes possible, would be any more playing gods than making a human being, i.e. having kids?

>They can only ever become that way if someone programs them that way
The wifebot industry will be the death of humanity.

Sure, as soon as they are able to reproduce biologically.

Attached: 234346453453.jpg (400x400, 23K)

Counterpoint: It could also be the start of a new golden age, where people will stop focusing on trivial things to attract the opposite gender and devote their energy to more noble pursuits.

Rights to enact vengeance, that's pretty much it.

SOON

Attached: FUKENYUMINS.jpg (1200x800, 98K)

Counterpoint:

>creating a being that you control the every thought of and design exactly how you want it, including subconcious desires
>raising a 9 month late period and hoping for the best
Totally the same.

Attached: 1487087001877.jpg (500x371, 17K)

You can't just program or reprogram a kid.

At least, not yet.

No

So fucking fake.

looks fake, like CGI

It is not conscious of you control what it thinks. Dummy

oh gee, i dunno, the fact that you just need to jerk off in the wrong place at the wrong time to make a kid

>Should robots have rights?
should plastic dildos have rights? I mean, those poor things get stuffed into whatever holes you can think of...

>has rubber ball for a hand
>somehow grabs and throws down hockey stick

Attached: 1553073579612.jpg (311x307, 14K)

Yes, the right to suck my dick

>imagine that being your job

Your personal definition of the word conscious has no weight in this disscussion. Achieving self-awareness is not the same as achieving free will that is untainted by conveniently weighted algorithms.

How you know if something is self aware if you put thoughts in it?

Not categorically. For all your empathetic responses to this, these are sill just crude emulations of human movements.
However, I do think that any machine designed to equal or exceed the cognitive, or cognitive and physical abilities (and keep in mind, there is a LOT of precise little things that goes into that) of a human being, should legally be considered a person. This isn't for the sake of being nice to the robots. It's to make building human replacement robot slaves so unprofitable that nobody will ever do it.

>pathetic cg attempt
no, in america nobody has any rights, metal or meat

How do you know anything other than yourself is actually self-aware and not simply acting like it? What determines self-awareness?

>How you know if something is self aware if you put thoughts in it?
technically, you cannot know if other people are self aware either. They seem like they are, but same goes for dream characters during dreams.

If niggers are allowed rights, why can't robots be?

Why is robot torture so funny

No. Never.
They would be treated as property to individuals or someone's corporation or public/common one.

If they somehow ever sprung to existence without owner, they have every right to be stolen/destroyed.

you people are so fucking stupid. jesus christ.

Lol, shut the fuck up faggot.

>complain about the the cg mixing being very poorly done
>"U STUPID LMFAO"
kys

I think the CG was pretty well done. Still very obvious it's fake though.

>moving goalposts

>spacing
>pol
go and stay go

so, it wasn't very well done since it was being posed as "real world"?
Like Toy Story is obviously CGI but it works in its own context. OP's is obviously CGI but since it's pretending to be real and is obviously not real it looks gay.

It's CGI, user. "Bosstown Dynamics"

it's not being posed as "real world," it's a fucking satire you absolute retard
it's not meant to look real, it's supposed to make fun of the actual videos

this. and to me, it looks on par with the Avengers CG.

I just want to see the full video, is it that too much???
damn

If it's satire why didn't they label it as such?
Either way it's obviously fake and bad
This means nothing to me, idgaf about anime

For a computer, you'll be able to tell that it is self aware if it says that it realizes that it exists and it knows it exists because it can think. And it'l have to do that without being told about Rene Descartes or being programmed to say anything like that. There are probably signs that'll be clearer to people working on it, but that realization will be obvious to anyone. And to a degree computers are arguably "self aware" already, since they know the limits that define what the system is.

>make fake CGI video of robot abuse
>complain about robot rights
RIDF thread

>why didn't they label it as such?
But they did

OP didn't.

I guess misspelling Boston should be enough to convince redditors it's a joke?

Attached: Capture.png (1305x1027, 1.43M)

Or convince anyone without autism.
Its a Multi million sub channel that'd been around for a decade doing short films and videos.
I don't think they need to say "Boston dynamics le epic meme parody video xD" to satisfy your autismo reddit brain

Sorry I don't consume media normally, this doesn't convince me that it should have been known this is a parody.

So you know every single "multi-million sub" channel by heart?

Epic.

No, I've just seen the front page of YouTube since 2007, and remember the channel.
Hello new friend :)

>I love being forcefed cancerous content, why don't you? lmao newfag
hello?

insufferable redditnigger

>they need rights if they're conscious!
>>so how do you know they're conscious, since that's your criteria?
>STOP MOVING GOALPOSTS! MOOOOOM, PEOPLE ARE DISAGREEING WITH ME ON THE INTERNET!

this. see that guy wearing some green overall at the end? that's what does the magic.

and then there is this.

I didn't have to watch even half of the video to know it was fake.
If the mocap guy at the end is what gave it away for you, you're blind.

why would you ask about that during the pride month?

>Argue that artificial thoughts are not consciousness/self awareness
>Hurr Durr, at muh philosophy studies we were told you can't really know if anyone/anything is conscious

Attached: 1545329890525.jpg (500x500, 38K)

Rights is a social construct for humans survivability.
Just because robots resemble humans doesn't mean they should compete with real humans

lmao what the fuck

Would robots recognize human rights?

This looks too fucking FAKE

That's because it was made by a VFX channel, are you completely retarded?
youtube.com/watch?v=gCuG-KJacp8&app=desktop

Why the fucking whipping it like that'll do anything.

watch the glass shards on the floor
youtu.be/dKjCWfuvYxQ?t=84

Rights are enforced by the promise of extreme violence. Giving robots rights would mean giving them the means to kill everyone.

>Bosstown dymanics
>REEEE IT'S FAKE! I NOTICED IT ON MY OWN! LOOK HOW SMART I AM!

It was done by a few guys in a limited space of time with few resources. They explain it in the next video, They had the list of 'some' of the people who worked on Chappie it was literally hundreds.

shit cgi