>2019
>linux STILL has shit hidpi support
is everyone using linux on a fucking dogshit toaster?

Attached: 81APuRplViL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 224K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=y50S5UnEOLw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i use fedora on x1 carbon with 4k 14", what's your problem, are you some sort of poor who got memed into non-integer multiple of 96 dpi screen?

>hidpi
It's a meme

what DE do you use? my problem is the lack of consistency in what different programs/wms pull values from so end up with 3 different size titlebars, fonts etc. steam doesn't scale at all even with the option set and my Xresources

Linux user are just biologically superior and can see all their pixels without aid of shit softwares

>doesn't work = you don't need that anyway
every fucking time lmao

>Install Linux on my 1440p monitor
>Everything is so tiny and the fonts look awful

Why the fuck

>is everyone using linux on a fucking dogshit toaster?
Nope. But when you're doing work you don't really need a high resolution display. I use a 1600x1200 display even though I have a graphics card that could easily support a 4k display.

the new usb will deprecate hdpi

why bother?

this
lol

so you're saying I should use linux only for work and windows recreationally

Monochrome VGA for you, then.

Literally nothing has good hidpi support. I bought a 2013 'retina' MacBook on ebay and promptly sold it 3 weeks later due to the shitty scaling. Picture on Jow Forums looked like shit, and I could even see a slight fuzziness around shit like terminal, and naturally using rdp to windows machines was useless.

Anything but 1:1 scaling is garbage, and if you think otherwise you literally need to get your eyes checked

linux itself has nothing to do with hidpi or graphical environments at all you dumb nigger, furthermore I'm rather certain that GNOME and KDE plasma have good hidpi support
dumb nigger

Wow my monitor just runs some proprietary firmware.

Windows is alright once you fucking override every program's high DPI settings to "Scaling performed by Application", because by default everything looks like a fuzzy scaled mess. Besides that I generally don't get issues in W10.

gnome 3. i don't like it (nor hate it). at first i used plasma but i GTK applications looked ugly in it and i wanted wayland

Last. I checked, the kernel has nothing to do with that.

I do plenty of recreational computing on Linux. I do hobbyist programming, I chat with friends on IRC, I shitpost here, I work on my personal website/blog, and I watch YouTube videos. Your version of "recreation" is just /v/eddit trash.

>can't figure out how to change the fonts himself
just go back to windows xp, grandma

Attached: 1553219519166.jpg (1024x768, 150K)

>doesn't work = you don't need that anyway
2 already kek

Literally the first result u fuck stain
m.youtube.com/watch?v=y50S5UnEOLw
It's funny because Jow Forums was complaining about windows dpi support 4 years ago yet now everything is actually updated and working with 3-8k+ screens nix is now the one playing catchup (extra ironic as droid has had decent >1080p support for ages)
Also Linux is fucking shit it's too fragmented on desktop/servers and now even mobile (chink droid knock off's) to get basic shit like text font dpi rendering and scaling working
Fuck it I'll stick with Wang blows and Jow Forumsentoo can wake the fuck up and see that each os has its use case and for me nix just doesn't cut it on desktop
It doesn't even have better scheduling for hedt 8c 16t+ CPUs anymore since Windows fixed that last month with 1903 and amd releasing new drivers firmware and micro code next month

>nix is now the one playing catchup
Not true. See macOS.

I'd hardly consider that nix/gentoo tier in the traditional sense since it's so locked down and poorly coded (even more than usual)
Fuck apple their innovations die on the vine

>I'd hardly consider that nix/gentoo tie
When you say "nix" you are referring to Unix and Minix. Maybe "Linix" as well. macOS is Unix. It's much less locked down than AT&T Unix was, that's for sure. I don't think someone who is so ignorant of what Unix is should be the judge of what is "poorly coded" or not.

U can go sit on you Linux desktop and die for all I care keep your shitty fragmented ecosystem and bad hidpi support and no applications/vidya nerd hahahah

such as?

Okay, pajeet.

such as seeing pixels

This. You don't need it and you're probably less productive because of that. Just like videogames or most proprietary software.

>only in the latest gnome
JUST

I realize this is a bait thread, but HiDPI works really well in Wayland. Even better than Windows 10. In Win10, when you drag a window between two displays of different scale, the window suddenly changes size when it crosses the threshold between displays. For GTK3 apps on Wayland, there's some kind of black magic that maintains the correct apparent size all the way through the drag.

its not a bait thread. hidpi in linux is fucking terrible aside from kde/gnome. I'll try wayland