IPv6 - I'm now a stranger everywhere on the internet

So I'm pretty sure that in the last few months, my ISP has moved me from an IPv4 address to IPv6.

Now 100% of the time that I am trying to post on Jow Forums, I have to fill out a captcha. When I try to log into a bunch of websites like Instagram, it says that I'm logging in from an unknown location and I have to follow a link in my email so that they're sure it's me.

This can't be a problem only I'm dealing with. Do I need to ask for a static IP from my ISP? Do need to try to deactivate 2FA for instagram or some shit?

Attached: hero-recaptcha-invisible.gif (200x200, 293K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ipinfo.io/AS812/2607:fea8::/32
crucial.com.au/blog/2011/04/15/ipv6-subnet-cheat-sheet-and-ipv6-cheat-sheet-reference/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I won the lottery
>Is there any way I don't have to keep the money?

Just disable ipv6 in your OS and router, bro

Jow Forums doesn't even have an ip6 address.

Not the OP but are you really implying that being switched to ipv6 is somehow akin to winning the lottery?
Are you perhaps fucking retarded?

You can't post here with IPv6.

>Websites have stopped tracking me
>They are having a hard time continuing to track me
>Can I let them do it again, pretty please?

ruh roh raggy, I'm gonna hack this kid duuuude!

ipinfo.io/AS812/2607:fea8::/32

>posting a /56 of your address
You aren't very smart, are you?

I am not who you replied to, but I'm not very educated on this, can you please elaborate?

Calling pizzas to your house

>/56

The most you can determine from that is what ISP I'm using. Worst case scenario you've isolated me to one of 256 LANs. But, I'll pull it anyway.

Most ISPs hand out blocks of /64 IPv6 addresses to their customers, so a /56 is similar to what a /27 would be in IPv4 for identifying someone, except that you can't trivially ping all possible addresses in that block.

Er, /24, not /27.

I dunno, 1/256 is quite low entropy for identifying someone.

>>I mean, sucks for them? I definitely do. Pic related.
it means you have two at the same time

a /64 is only one subnet, they're supposed to give you more if you tell your DHCP client to ask for a prefix delegation. most should hand out a /56 on request, I think some give out /60s though.

I might have messed up my source though. According to this site, all 128 bits of my address would have been one single address - my identifying address. While 56bits, what I posted, could contain 4,722,366,482,869,645,213,696 addresses.

crucial.com.au/blog/2011/04/15/ipv6-subnet-cheat-sheet-and-ipv6-cheat-sheet-reference/

This site is the one where I got the 256 LANs quote. Maybe I'm just not understanding what LAN means in this context.

But if my ISP gave my router a /64, the /56 I posted isn't specific enough to identify that. If I'd posted the /64, that would have been enough to identify my router on the internet?

You posted a /56, so if someone logs your full IP (from you connecting to their server or whatever), they can say "oh, this is that one Jow Forums poster" with relatively high certainty (yes, there's 256 possible subnets that the ISP could've leased out, but usually it's not extremely common to see all of these active on the Internet).

Okay, so you're saying that an actor with access to Jow Forums's apache logs (either someone at Jow Forums or someone who gained access to the server logs from the outside) would be able to identify me by monitoring incoming traffic. Right? And yeah, I get what you're saying that the odds are pretty low that there is anything even more than one address with my /56 hitting the servers regularly, if the pool of people really is only 256. If I'd given just the /32 that my ISP is associated with, it would be a question of every single customer of my ISP that accesses Jow Forums.

No, I'm saying that if you, for example, at some point in future connect to any of my servers (or have already done so in the past), I will be able to correlate your actions there with your posts here.
It's not a big deal, so don't worry.

u a good goy now aren't u

Attached: zucman.gif (500x279, 541K)

Ahhh, I see. I'm not worried about it, but this was a fun learning opportunity. Thanks.

You need to get off the IPv6 botnet as soon as possible. The security you're afforded by sharing the same IP space with different people at different times is absent when using the protocol. That IP may be with you for life. An activity blockchain, if you will, for whoever logs it. I bet even iknowwhatyoudownload.com is onto your flagrantly bombastic eScent.

That site indexes v4 addresses though. It does show my torrent history, but only within the last few weeks. A v6 is far more dynamic than a v4; the odds that it changes to a new unique address is much higher than me getting a new v4 after my DHCP lease expires.

They didn't, in fact with the way ipv6 is implemented everywhere it just makes it even easier to track you, and every single device on your network too.
Ipv6 is a privacy fucking nightmare

>moved me from an IPv4 address to IPv6
it's not an either/or thing, most people have both

You're retarded and you don't have a clue how modern IPv6 works