Previous thread
>Read

>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: a5NRYpq_460s_v1.jpg (460x307, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/JRBANCEL/Chromagnon/wiki/Reverse-Engineering-SSNS-Format.
blackviper.com/service-configurations/black-vipers-windows-7-service-pack-1-service-configurations/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/69089990/#q69098869
qnap.com/en-au/product/ts-453be
amazon.com.au/Crucial-Single-PC3L-12800-SODIMM-204-Pin/dp/B005LDLVAO/ref=asc_df_B006YG8X9Y/?tag=googleshopdsk-22&linkCode=df0&hvadid=341773396021&hvpos=1o6&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17148970030289005121&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9069169&hvtargid=pla-406179077658&th=1
youtube.com/watch?v=XATOTeUh-5U
zoneminder.com/
amazon.com/dp/B005LDLVAO
ebay.com/itm/323672313776
youtube.com/watch?v=VlvD_LUbpB8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

All my apps on my phone dont have audio notifications
Not the system apps, just any apps that are installed via the play store
DND is not one
All volume sliders are at maximum in the settings>sound tab
I am using ringtome/alarm/notification sounds that are included as part of android defaults
Under settings >apps and notifications, there are no "off for X number of apps"
None of the apps are denied the notification permission
Going in to the apps settings, none of them have notifications turned off

How do i fix this?
I did a factory reset and denied restoring from the back up and reinstalled the apps again manually and still the same shit

I posted on /t/ but they sent me here

I'm completely new to torrenting and have absolutely no clue how to do it without getting caught, but I use this browser called Brave that apparently comes with WebTorrent pre-installed. It worked perfect for downloading Fallout New Vegas, but I ended up getting caught by my ISP because I didn't have any protection at all. However, I recently learned Brave also come pre-installed with Tor, but I'm not really too sure what it is. I have this option under the browser menu to open a "New Private Window with Tor," and it claims it blocks employers and my ISP from seeing what websites I'm using, but is it safe to actually download anything? I want to download a torrent file from portalroms but I'm afraid of Nintendo getting up my ass

how do i make a not shitty cover letter

I doubt the browser combines the features, at any rate it shouldn't. Torrents clog up the resources volunteered to the tor network. You can use it to acquire torrent links, but you should use a paid seedbox to actually download them. There are also cheap VPNs, but it's not a good idea to funnel your entire internet connection through them.

Do not torrent over Tor network

So what's the point of torrenting if I have to pay money anyway?

Pic related. Seriously mate your browser has nothing to do with your torrents. Look into torrent friendly VPNs. There's a big comparison for all your wishes on thatoneprivacysite.

Use a word/latex template of choice.

Attached: ff1.gif (400x300, 22K)

Paying much less money.

Not underage, just really retarded when it comes to anything tech related. Fastestvpn is apparently offering a one time purchase lifetime plan for $80. It sounds like a good deal, but like I said I'm retarded so I'm not sure if I'd even fully know what to do with it

Suffered power loss, can't get my browser tabs back. Using Chrome.
When my computer is shut off without warning, I normally get around it by copying the Current Session and Current Tab files to another folder, starting the browser and then killing it so it realizes there was actually a crash, then copying the shit back and starting it up. It asks me to restore the tabs and everything's good.
However, for some reason the Current Session file is fucked up this time. Compared with the Last Session file, all the data's on a single line. It's not really human-readable either, it's full of garbage characters like the other session and tab files.
The Current Tabs file is intact, but doesn't seem to do shit on its own. If I use the Current Tabs file with the Last Session file, it just opens the tabs from that time as though the content of Current Tabs makes no difference.
Is there anything I can do? Is there any way I could format the file myself to get Chrome to read it? The length suggests all the data's there.

The problem is "lifetime" could mean till next Tuesday. Also if it turns out they're shit, you're not getting your money back.

Reposting this from the other day.

>Install Radeon update
>Computer isn't booting to UEFI after restarting
Goddamnit what the fuck. Now what do I do? If I could get into my UEFI settings I'm sure I'd be able to figure something out, but I'm just met with a blank screen. I'm running a 2200G with no graphics card installed by the way. I just searched for 2200G drivers and installed some appropriate-looking shit I found. I know I should have run the auto-detector installer, but that particular computer doesn't have internet access currently.

Attached: kakomiki_konko_by_mikuxxaccelerate_d4rsrxv.png (900x900, 211K)

When a file ends up being garbage, I think that the outage happened exactly at the few moments it was being written, so tough luck. Caveat is, I'm speaking only from experience. Anyway, you can try to use a file recovery tool, it's possible the old version is still intact in the disk.

I don't know how Chrome works, but in Palememe, session files are just JSON files. Session Manager's session files are the exact same but with a little bit of metadata inside. It's perfectly possible for me to edit some bogus SM metadata into common session file, then load it in SM. Also, isn't there a backup file? Usually it's saved as .bak

my pc won't post if i disable gear down mode or set UMA to force 2gb
nothing shows on the monitor, keyboard lights dont turn on and if i hold power it just blinks the power light instead of shutting off

Can you guys help me install ubuntu minimal? It failed to connect to dhcp so im trying to connect to my wifi manually (i think that what im supposed to do right?). How to connect using the terminal?

Attached: 20190616_012911-01.jpg (3000x4000, 1.77M)

Is there a good way to stream videos saved on my PC over wifi onto my phone?

This is what it says

Attached: 20190616_013306-01.jpg (3000x4000, 1.32M)

Well it seems like most VPNs charge around like $50-$100 yearly, so if I were to pay $80 I'd be saving a shit ton of money in the long run. They seem to also be pretty popular, so I'm not betting on them closing their doors very soon.
Only bad things I'm hearing brought up online is lack of customer service support despite claiming to be 24/7, and that they lack a "kill switch," but I'm not sure what that means. Sorry if I sound absolutely retarded

Get a seedbox

>it's possible the old version is still intact in the disk
How old? Such a file is written to every time a new page is opened in the browser, could a file recovery tool really show the dozens of iterations of the same file from each time it was written before that?
Is there one you can recommend?

There are no .bak files for the session and tabs, unfortunately. What's more, it seems Chrome has its own language for these files called SNSS according to github.com/JRBANCEL/Chromagnon/wiki/Reverse-Engineering-SSNS-Format.
I'm going to try the tool there on the corrupted file and see if it can at least produce something I can read the URLs of.

>kill switch
It means that if something interrupts your connection it'll prevent you from downloading shit on the clearnet.

Recovering files, whether they were shredded or are old versions of existing ones, is always a throw of the dice. You can only know if it's there at all if you look for it.

If you wanna try it, it would obviously be best to do it from another disk's boot or computer. If not, stop whatever processes you can, grab file receverers and try them right now. R-Studio is breddy gud, and EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is surprisingly capable for a normie-oriented utility.

Sounds nice but seems way more expensive than just a VPN
Is that really a big issue then? Wouldn't I just have to restart the download?

what software can I use to watch blurays on my laptop? I have the appropriate bluray drive, but none of my media players can play a bluray :*(

Attached: 1226828106888.jpg (400x487, 56K)

rule two, kid... rule two..

nah just get a vpn and use piratebay or some shit, check for “trusted” on the uploaders of the torrents, and read comments

also: get a script blocker, anti-malware software, and uBlock origin. there are pirate bay mirrors but some of them are laden with malicious ads and shit like that. protect yo shit.

yes also did what this user said.. thanks for chiming in m8 i knew i forgot something.

also, real mode.. be careful around places like this m8 dont get caught up in the memes and trash

indeed. roughly 50% of everything online is wrong, with 30% being out of ignorance and 20% being out of malice. question every bit of advice you read online, especially Jow Forums. google things you don't know to verify any claims you're uncertain of.

these four posts are some of the most informative posts to ever exist on the internet, and the best part is - we do it for free

I got a used laptop w win 10 pro on a thumb drive (and installed on laptop).
Can I just copy and paste the contents onto a fresh thumb drive?

>Wouldn't I just have to restart the download?
No, it never stopped downloading. That's the problem.

Depends on the Seedbox/VPN. You've got a range of prices on both. They don't have lifetime-for-a-nickle prices, but compared to say netflix you can get a great deal.

Cyberlink PowerDVD

or buy Redfox anyDVD to decrypt the disc and play it in any normal video player.

I wouldn't. It's easy as shit to get the latest version and not have to worry about updates or whether there's anything weird in the old copy.

this.
you will seldom find wholesome posts like this that are trying to not fuck up someones teen years with bullshit, listen to these guys senpai...

whats the best windows 7 distro/iso for my gaymer cuckbox? I am tired of windows 10 raping my pc. Back when XP was all the rage there was like a million hacked distros, but I never seem to see any for 7. just vanilla. if thats what I should use that's fine. I can get it on my own, but i'd love to be recommended some cool mod projects again.

I was returning the laptop and thumb drive but I wanted to have a copy of win 10 just incase. And it works, assuming he used this drive to install windows.

They were malware then, and they're turbo malware now. Best you can do is use black viper's instructions for slimming shit down yourself.

>I wanted to have a copy of win 10 just incase
You can download the most recent version directly from their site anytime.

sure didn't notice any malware back then, but I suppose I am not what you would call smart.

blackviper.com/service-configurations/black-vipers-windows-7-service-pack-1-service-configurations/
this is the guy you are recommending right?

Yes.

Bidirectional drag and drop won't work and none of my USB drives get detected by Virtualbox. Extensions and guest additions are installed.

I opened the file in the Chromagnon tool, it threw a corrupted file error at me.
What's more, I changed the extension to make it a text file, and it was 100% blank characters. When I did the same to the Last Tabs file, it produced a garbled mess, but it was at least actual text.
I don't really understand how a file that large could be 100% blank, even random junk should produce characters if read as though it were text, right?
Regardless, it seems the file is really borked despite being like 7MB in size.

I tried EaseUS Data Recovery, it found exactly 0 session files in the folder Chrome uses. The only ones it found were in the Recycle Bin (not even deleted, just in the Recycle Bin) and the timestamps suggest they're either duplicates of the borked file or files from after it happened.

RIP
It's not a catastrophic loss, at least. I'm anal about cataloging multiple iterations of these files when I do this, so I still have the tabs from the last time my computer lost power, about a week ago.
Still, there were a bunch of tabs I'd accumulated over the past week from E3 and the like that I would've liked to have back. I'm going to try searching the history/visited links files and seeing if I can at least identify and pull the URLs.
Thanks for the help, though.

So I just got home and my PC won't boot.
>Fans turn on
>USB ports have no power
>No display
>Noctua fan I had on the case taking air out seems to have died
I already cleaned and reseated the GPU and the RAM (and moved it too), and managed to get a beep code (1 long, 2 shorts).
Also the GPU's LED light turns on but it's fans struggle to move and never manage to.
The MB's a B150M-A M.2. From the beep code I think it's a faulty RAM stick?
wat do

Attached: IMG-20190608-WA0003.jpg (599x315, 16K)

could someone recommend a source for pirating udemy courses, i have asked on /t/, Jow Forums and even /wsr/ with no results

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/69089990/#q69098869

I have an software engineering interview with Huawei next week. Anyone familar with them? I've been practising on Hackerrank.

I want to replace my NAS (ts-221) with something faster, i also want to get rid of my NVR that is slow and pretty crap.

I thinking about using a TS-453be maybe with more ram. (this model comes with 4 free camera licenses for Surveillance Station.
i want a min of 4, each license cost about $90 AUD.

What would you recommend?
can i use this ram to upgrade this nas? Qnap ram is like twice the price that others.

qnap.com/en-au/product/ts-453be

amazon.com.au/Crucial-Single-PC3L-12800-SODIMM-204-Pin/dp/B005LDLVAO/ref=asc_df_B006YG8X9Y/?tag=googleshopdsk-22&linkCode=df0&hvadid=341773396021&hvpos=1o6&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17148970030289005121&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9069169&hvtargid=pla-406179077658&th=1

How do I make Brave type out Google results in the address bar? Firefox has this feature but I forget the name of it, adaptive search results maybe?

I can't uninstall the Linkedin app from my phone. Galaxy A8. How to get rid of this?

alpharatio and torrentleech might have some

I have a broken laptop that can't detect it's SSD, what are my options? Booting from USB works.

have you tried resitting the SSD?

might be a driver issue with your os. list the specs.

suggested results ?

it's a Vaio Pro 13

Attached: 1527382638273.jpg (600x400, 131K)

try re-sitting the drive it self.

try fresh install of windows - can windows see the drive?

can you test the drive on another computer?

the thing is shut closed, I don't I can physically open it to get to the drive

tried installing Ubuntu after booting from USB, the installation wizard can only detect the USB drive

youtube.com/watch?v=XATOTeUh-5U

worked for 8 seconds. thanks though

Graphics Control Panel and Command Center seem to do the same thing. Should I keep both of them?

Attached: inter graphix.png (613x233, 17K)

you can. if it fails - windows will just use a fallback driver for it.
but that being said - those programs can't doing anything anyway.

If I put a SATA3 SSD on SATA2 motherboard, will the speed be the same as regular HDD or will it still be faster?

Attached: 1522583752430.jpg (500x479, 27K)

ok. I'll uninstall the command center then.

I accidentally did mv wm/* * where did wm/ go?

Attached: 1324765833693.jpg (680x453, 37K)

>tumblr
>9gag
lul

yea, command center doesn't really do much for most people. it gives you some more options that are rarely used.

no, it will be much faster. sometimes it will not work. depends on motherboard maker.
give it ago - you can't hurt the drive/motherboard.

the abyss

Into /?

That would move every file/dir in wm/ and every file/dir in your current directory to whatever the alphabetically last file/dir in your current directory was. If that final argument was a directory, everything is safely inside that directory. If that last argument was a file, every file would have successively been renamed to be that file, overwriting the previous one each time, and the directories would have failed to move.

pls god no

1 long beep and 2 short beeps are for GPU issues.

unplug GPU.
start the computer without the GPU.
turn off computer.
reseed the GPU.
start the computer with GPU.

let us know how you go.

its dead jim.

found it im retard

Attached: 1506519891411.jpg (400x450, 63K)

Any 204-pin DDR3L (1.35V) SODIMMs should work.

But why lock yourself into a limited proprietary "solution". Just do a hardware build yourself and use ZoneMinder. zoneminder.com/

BTW, your link is disgusting. I am literally vomiting right now from the eye cancer than you gave me. Learn to trim your fucking URLs. You only need the /dp/ + ASIN to link to Amazon. For eBay it's /itm/ + auction number, and so on...

Like this:
amazon.com/dp/B005LDLVAO
ebay.com/itm/323672313776

The world doesn't care how the Amazon API thinks you got to their page or the codes they're using to track you.

Why is everything turning into .jfif files lately

where was it hiding

Bitrate is a suggestion for ffmpeg. If it can't do more, it won't use more. Maybe try forcing a higher minimum, I think that's an option.
mpd doesn't automatically update the library by default. Have you tried updating it?
Public/free proxies will sell your data, and paid proxies have more to gain by not handing over your data to authorities. They don't serve the same aim.
I don't see why not.

based.

Attached: io.png (476x414, 20K)

Does anyone have that chart that shows the internet sometime in the 2000s vs the internet sometime at the start of this decade? It showed sites as squares where bigger squares were sites that made up more traffic & smaller squares less traffic.

What's the best lightweight, portable image viewer on windows?
Jpegview crashes all the time when zooming in on an image, especially on a 4k display
Imageglass is slow and takes too long to load an image

What do you fine anons use?

>pirate w10
>keep it for like 6 months, sometimes small updates
>today big update
>the "activate windows " overlay is gone

i am officially full panic, what has microsoft done to my PC?

Don't use Brave, it's a botnet and spyware. Install YaCy and Qutebrowser you absolute AIDS nigger.

Stop using Chrome fag. Install YaCy plus Qutebrowser after installing Gentoo, you half-gassed Jew.

Using Cpanel, let's say I redirect a website called www.example1.com to www.example2.com and I have an email called [email protected], will my email change to [email protected] or would the old one work despite the website redirect?

nomacs seemed ok, for my very basic requirements.

install gentoo

summer is here

Any motherboard with the same codename is pretty much identical, right? Even if the second part is different?
Like, P5LD2X-X/1333 and P5LD2-X/GBL, both are identical except the latter has an additional GBL (gigabit lan?) feature.
So if there's a component which is compatible with the first one, it has to be compatible with the second one, too, right?

Attached: 1518023474814.png (252x256, 91K)

just use ntlite

does this video work for you? youtube.com/watch?v=VlvD_LUbpB8

my page stops loading, but most other youtube video work.just did windows update, any idea what could have been wrong?
i tried deleting my firefox cookies and disabled adblock,

nice try but advertising is against the rules, omni

I dont think its a stupid question but I didnt wanna make a thread for it.

How can I assign a key combination to a command in Win10?
Example: If I want to send a shortcut of a program to the desktop, how can I assign a key combination like Alt+L or something to it, so I can just select the icon and press Alt+L and the thing gets sent to the desktop as a shortcut?

Thanks in advance Jow Forumsangstas.

Attached: c67.jpg (604x438, 16K)

I recon you can do that with AHK

Thanks user. Have a wonderful day!

When I transfer files to any USB 3.0 drive speeds drop to 0 all the time. I tried everything on google, updated all drivers and shit. Nothing helps.

Any ideas?

Does anyone know of network monitor for GNU/Linux that sits in the bottom panel?

Why not use a public proxy instead of a paid VPN service? They serve the same aim.

How does Linux Mint fare in regard to privacy? Is it entirely FOSS?

How about these software?
>mpv, Transmission, Audacity, Krita, Kdenlive

Because you're a blind retard.

The solution is to install Gentoo Linux+GNU