My dick is so hard

Is this the year of the Linux Gaming Desktop Jow Forums?

You could stream all kinds of games through our lord and savior Google's new service called Stadia.

Steam Play also lets you run all kinds of Windows games on Linux desktops.

What will be your new excuse for continuing to use Windows? Well?

Attached: Enable-Steam-Play-on-Linux-to-Run-Windows-Games.png (754x599, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

protondb.com/app/858810
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Working anticheats

My screen doesn't tear

Literally not even a problem if you use any modern DE

my wife's son doesn't understand gnu/linux

As soon as I've upgraded to Zen 2 I'll be going full Loonix gaymen.

I think I still might need Windowns for some games though (SCP Secret Laboratory being one seeing as the Linux beta version didn't work last I tried), so I'll still have it on another drive just in case.

The games I play crash wine and the GPU driver, requiring a reboot. This is unacceptable and I just run Linux in a vm

i'm not a windows user but you're very wrong about saying stadia is our lord and savior.
stadia is overpriced af, you're just buying games instead of something like a library pass. on top of that, you pay 10$/month aaand even though it's near console experience about latency and graphics, it's not enough to compete with windows.

Videogames are for children

As usual, the winjeet doesn't put basic info such as what gpu and what distro. Fuck off

Attached: 1560610804276.jpg (1200x911, 128K)

Adult that has never learned/experienced games could be considered uneducated and ignorant. Some games simulate and teach real life scenarios and make smarter/faster. What would you do when you have nothing to do and are stuck so you just wait all day sitting doing nothing or would you spend that time giving your brain fast action content and new experiences? I would choose the more diverse/vast environment.

>Brain requires non-stop input.
It doesn't.

but games are proprietary.

Never said that. You can relax all day if you feel like it. But to be bored and stuck doing that day after day. Maybe bad weather or no where to go. Stuck at your home.

>playing multiplayer
literally why, gamers are all braindead fags

here i am a winfag playing my games optimized for my OS, my drivers, with zero issues.

meanwhile poor pajeets fags crying abut gaming on pc's from 10 years ago, with a shit OS that only 10 people in this world care about.

why so hurt m8

I tried the proton thing with steam, but the games wouldnt set a refresh rate higher than 60hz when i tried to change it, just wouldnt give higher options

I think I spent two months on linux only trying to go full foss for my creative station.

The software support is still shit.
Wine and proton are terrible
When they do work the performance drops massively, but most of the time they don't.
"Native" games run bad
There's something fucked about frame pacing, even a 60fps locked game feels jerky and stuttery. Dota crashes every other game.
Also blender doesn't work with the free opencl drivers and proprietary are terrible.

It sure got a lot better but it still has big problems.

Linux wont get better till theres one top distro to put an end to fragmentation. A lot of devs want to do proper linux adaptions/ports but the fragmentation makes it worse than voluntarily sticking a pineapple up your ass

>not having friends
obviously an unfriendly/boring retard. WHY DID THEY TAKE RUST AWAY FROM LINUX REEEEEEEEEEEE

Which distro and GPU?

There's one, it's Ubuntu and that's still not enough. It still is a patchwork of a billion different projects.

Google made a functioning and successful os out of linux it's called Abdroid.

We need a company with money, staff and capacity to make their own shit rather than assemble it from what girhub offers to make a desktop os.

Or Google's fucksya is gonna come out and dominate.

Are you high?

There's already a "top" distro, and it's Ubuntu. Devs only need to support that and the Linux community takes care of all the rest for other distros.

Fragmentation is meaningless here.

Various sorts of ubuntu and an amd vega.

>streaming

Online fames are streaming the gameplay events from the server anyway

I don't know what game he's referring to, but MHW has had gpu hangs on Pascal cards since Proton came out. It's a real shame, because it otherwise runs just fine.

I didn't mention it because I don't need help with the issue. There is no way the application I'm running won't crash, on any GPU. It's just when it does crash, which it definitely will, I don't want it to take out my work

I have no idea why you're even trying to game on linux. Use a VM

prove it

How reliable is Proton? I haven't got around to using it yet.

>implying I haven't been exclusively using and gaymen on Linux for almost a decade

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-06-16 02-37-29.png (270x1061, 133K)

> imagine not knowing what static libraries are

stalker on linux?
is it possibru to learn this power?
using open xray engine huh

All I did was buy it on steam and click install.
No WINE or any other bullshit. I didn't even have proton turned on when I took that screenshot.

>We shipped Planetary Annihilation on Win, Mac, and Linux. Linux users were a big vocal part of the Kickstarter and forums.
>In the end they accounted for 20% of auto reported crashes and support tickets (most gfx driver related).
>Would totally skip Linux.

It's easy to fix this. Officially support Ubuntu LTS and tell others to fuck off but this is probably another case of a dev making a half assed port with no testing and then complaining that people aren't happy with a broken product

>using literal spyware (Steam)
>complaining about Windows
aahhahahaha

Am I the only one that doesn't really care about steam? I play all my games on emulators or pure wine.

does freesync work yet?

He's retarded you should consider getting new son that has GNU certification

>play Stellaris on Steam and love it
>want to play Dawn of Man, for reasons
>can't no Linux support, can't play
Can I remedy this without using wine?

>protondb.com/app/858810
just activate proton in settings and try it

>You could stream all kinds of games through our lord and savior Google's new service called Stadia.

I would just like to chime in and say that game streaming has been a very underlooked component element of gayming on Linux. Steam streaming works pretty god damn well, I've streamed a lot of stuff from my Windows desktop to my Linux laptop. They just updated the service a couple of days ago to allow remote streaming outside your local network, too. Steam Link + Steam controller is pretty comfy for playing games or using your PC as a HTPC, too. You can actually one-click install the PS Now launcher with Lutris, and stream Playstation games to your machine--it works pretty god damn well, too.

>this is probably another case of a dev making a half assed port with no testing and then complaining that people aren't happy with a broken product
This. The story is all too fucking common.

>release broken port
>people get pissed it's broken, nobody buys it because it's a broken game, and the playerbase dwindles to next-to-nobody
>"wow fuck linux lol"

Rust is probably the best example of this (Witcher 2 was another infamous example, CDPR got so fucking butthurt they basically swore off of Linux forever). Egomaniac devs that would rather pass the blame off to a niche platform because they know they can get away with it, rather than admit their own faults. They think that just because a playerbase is niche, they should eat shit and be thankful for it.

At least now you can force Proton on native Linux titles. It's a godsend, because so many ports are fucking broken shit. Too bad anticheat still ruins so many things.

I couldn't stand the input lag and that's with my desktop and laptop in the same room

cheers

>Is this the year of the Linux Gaming Desktop Jow Forums?
this literally gets asked EVERY year and the answer is still no

When did you try it last? I've heard the streaming was pretty rough in the early days, but I've never had any issues with it.

all good man. I've been using it with great success on my linux laptop. its basically a preconfigured wine where steam does everything for you and the game launches like normal. just hit play and you're set
about a year ago in fairness. I'll give it a go tomorrow

If companies wanted a Linux port, they should just contract Feral. They made good Linux ports that actually work. Same goes if they want a macOS port.

>thinking what zoomers and wanna be YouTubers/streamers care about Linux
Windows is infested with söy boys and faggots. Straight white men use *nix

>Playing with inferior drivers with less FPS and stability

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Attached: 1335730224515.jpg (255x254, 40K)

>Failed to initialize graphics.
>Make sure you have DirectX 11 installed, have up to date
>drivers for your graphics card and have not disabled
>3D acceleration in display settings.
>InitializeEngineGraphics failed

hmmz, this gonna need some time

easy anti cheat which use some most popular games dont even work on newer version of windows. woah...

What really happened:
>lincux is a broken piece of shit with terrible drivers
>lintards vocal on the forums about this game, trying to help along with development
>huh guess we will try and make a game for them
>release game
>because of garbage drivers the game crashes
>because lintards are cheap and want everything for free, they don’t buy the game, but will gladly shit up the bug tracker with issues from their pirated copies.
>Linux support is dropped.
Hope that helps.

Agreed. More often than not, however, developers will shit out a half-assed Linux port so that they can say "look how community minded we are!!", or they'll add it as a Kickstarter incentive for the sole sake of getting more money. Even if the port is -initially- good, they'll often neglect to support it in any way, and before you know it the game is basically abandoned and unplayable.

Make sure you have the right graphics drivers installed, as well as Vulkan installed. You might want to look up a guide for your distro/hardware.

>Working anticheats
not a single anti cheat on the market is "working" it's just technically impossible.

>as well as Vulkan installed.
You Sir, are a scholar and a gentleman! DoM runs now, thanks a lot.

>developers will shit out a half-assed Linux port so that they can say "look how community minded we are!!", or they'll add it as a Kickstarter incentive for the sole sake of getting more money. Even if the port is -initially- good, they'll often neglect to support it in any way, and before you know it the game is basically abandoned and unplayable.
Because lindrones don’t buy things.
They’re not a market that makes $$$.
They’re the biggest whiners that give nothing back. Entitled children.

>bypass.dll successfully loaded

>banhammer.exe successfully applied

Winpajeeta don't buy shit. They are a huge market but manchildren and actual children pirate everything and deal with Russian malware than to pay $20 for some software. They are also the biggest whiners and also know the least about computers and software but got the biggest egos because they have rainmeter installed.
You can do better. I give it a 1/10. I'll give you two (You)s since it's pretty obvious you're a samefag

No problem.

By the way, also consider looking into a client called "Lutris". It's great for non-Steam games, as well as Steam games where the secret sauce they bake into Proton isn't sufficient to get the game running perfectly out of the box (i.e. it might need a tweak or two to run). It offers one-click install/configuration for a lot of games, and even some Windows applications.

>Winpajeeta don't buy shit.
Sure that’s why pretty much all developers choose Windows as their main platform.
>They are a huge market but manchildren and actual children pirate everything and deal with Russian malware than to pay $20 for some software.
Quite funny that since the advent of Steam, Origin and subscription based models, piracy had dropped massively on Windows.
>They are also the biggest whiners
Lmao confirmed for never visiting any lintard based forum. Hell, even Jow Forums is liniggers whining that developers don’t care about your broke asses.
>also know the least about computers and software but got the biggest egos because they have rainmeter installed.
Whew lad next level projection. Also, no one except mega-Autists use rainmeter anymore. But I suppose Linux having as much capability as Windows XP in 2019, your boomer ass would get confused.
>You can do better. I give it a 1/10. I'll give you two (You)s since it's pretty obvious you're a samefag
Seethe harder. You haven’t given a single counterargument, you just scrambled to defend your shrunken ego

>proton
botnet

Your original post has 0 arguments either. Why are wintards so full of themselves. The corporate sector is what makes all the money. Your average winjeet skiddy doesn't pay for shit. Jow Forums is a great place to see winjeets spreading fud and making anti-linux post with the 2006 era knowledge that they have.

>doesn't give back
Corporations depend on Linux. Scientists depend on Linux. Great for developing countries. Great for CS students to learn on. Tons of other (F)OSS software that is the backbone of the internet, banking infrastructure, government infrastructure, etc. Your shitty AAA rehash game isn't contributing to shit and your free shilling for a billion dollar corporation doesn't make you important, special, or rich like their shareholders.

Still no arguments from a seething lintard.

Corporations depend on Windows. Scientists depend on Windows. Great for developing countries. Great for CS students to learn on. Tons of other (F)OSS and non FOSS software that is the backbone of the internet, banking infrastructure, government infrastructure, etc. Your shitty Z-tier rehash version of Tux kart isn't contributing to shit and your free shilling for a billion dollar kernel doesn't make you important, special, or rich like Windows users.