It's said that used mining cards are a safer buy than used gaming cards since mining cards have been on 24/7 thus have...

it's said that used mining cards are a safer buy than used gaming cards since mining cards have been on 24/7 thus have experienced less expansions and contractions

Attached: tasks.png (267x448, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromigration#Thermal_effects
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Miners also take care of their cards with fans.

That comic didn’t age well

It's said by miners, because they know their cards are wasted.

It's actually has been 5 years since that comic came out though.

>it's said that used mining cards are a safer buy than used gaming cards since mining cards have been on 24/7 thus have experienced less expansions and contractions

Warmer temperatures increase electro migration

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromigration#Thermal_effects

>this will accelerate the process of electromigration by causing the atoms of the conductor to vibrate further from their ideal lattice positions, increasing the amount of electron scattering. High current density increases the number of electrons scattering against the atoms of the conductor, and hence the speed at which those atoms are displaced.

>In integrated circuits, electromigration does not occur in semiconductors directly, but in the metal interconnects deposited onto them (see semiconductor device fabrication).

Enjoy ruining the metal interconnections in your chips.

Its also been said that op is a faggot.

This.
There isnt a used market for toaster ovens that were never turned off. Heat kills things and these cards have been allowed to stay HOT for their entire life.

Don't know but I have a mining card, works perfectly fine.
It's great how these cards crashed the market and makes those faggots selling "gamer owned" cards for bullshit prices seethe and had to spread lies about how mining cards constantly break.
People still buy mining cards anyway.

Sure OP, just pick any of the slightly used cards in the pile.

Attached: b4fff14erg711.jpg (700x933, 182K)

hello summer

What is this?

I don't buy used cards and I definitely wouldn't buy a used mining card. Second-hand is of course environmentally friendlier than getting a new one but I don't want to help people get rich by abusing cards for profit and then selling those cards for more profit. They knew those cards have to be calculated as a loss in that investment, not as a free money printers you sell forward once you are done.

Pic of my backyard

i was waiting for this thread to die so i could post a new one. won't let me post more than 5 active threads

>won't let me post more than 5 active threads
what the fuck, who makes that many threads

Sucks 2 b u

people that crave attention and cannot function without it

scum really

Sure, trust the miners that jumped on a sinking ship and now want you to buy their overused goods so they can squeeze out a little more bucks out of their failure.
What could go wrong?

if you ever who wondered who makes all these shitty threads all the fucking time.. this is the guy. shitting up the digital street.

Attached: 1558511275945-g.jpg (768x768, 104K)

Nothing, in my and hundreds others who have bought a mining card.
Saving up for that mining Vega 56. The $150 mining 1080s were tempting but 4GB VRAM just isn't cutting it.

do not listen to this shill, do not buy miner cards. if you buy a used card and find out it was a miner card, return it to the owner and beat him to death.

Attached: 1440265528031.png (538x385, 359K)