*breaks a bunch of random things after every update*

*breaks a bunch of random things after every update*

Attached: windows-10-logo-windows-91-640x353.jpg (640x353, 17K)

*switches to untargeted channel*

*just werks and keeps just werking*

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x300, 13K)

>ltsc
haha

>haha
hehe

*just works*
imagine falling for bugman memes

Attached: 1533642907376.png (1920x1080, 1.9M)

It's really not any better

>May update makes some games bluescreen
t-thanks Microsoft!

I hate windows but I never had any issues after updating.
Linux on the other hand constantly shits itself, sheet it's a *buntu or Arch/Manjaro. I have the same windows installation since day one, but have to reinstall my Linux partition once a year.
How are the BSDs in that regard?

you mean *breaks a bunch of things for seemingly no reason, there is no way for it to get fixed, no information about it online, you just have to get lucky for it to unfuck itself*

The 1903 update was worth it just because they finally fixed their search

>I never had any issues after updating.

Honestly maintaining Windows 2016 servers has been the biggest cause "updates shit a brick issues". I mean we have about 200 servers and ~1500 Windows 10 instances and we've literally rebuilt servers because updates just break shit quite regularly. It's not common with desktops.

Is windows the new pacman.conf?

it broke night light

You can """fix""" that by disabling Quickstart

Didn’t it break gamma settings? I think for gaming too. Someone confirm
>inb4 //v//

Attached: E398536A-2950-4E43-A2B5-BED8CA498715.gif (399x152, 135K)

Windows night light is fucking bright compared to f.lux

THERE I SAID IT! I ONLY SWITCHED BECAUSE ONE OF YOU TOLD ME IT WAS BOTNET

wtf is quickstart? you mean fastboot?

why is it allowed? It rarely happened with XP,7,8,8.1 so why?

it causes some kind of BSOD in certain games dunno if it has to do with gamma

nightlight doesn't dim anything it just changes the color

Whatever the fuck this is in english

Attached: 132523fas.jpg (738x534, 54K)

there's no QA they do the same thing Xbox does, they crowd test builds and get feedback from users instead of paying people

oh fast start up, yeah makes sense since it works on reboot but doesn't work on shutdown.

no problem here
works for me

I am almost certain that the people going
>hurrr windows update randomly deleted my files
are just computer illiterates.
The same people that would complain, that their desktop icons re-arranged themselves a week after you installed ublock for them or some shit like that.

And they fixed it the next update

nope literally tried it a minute ago

>It rarely happened with XP
Pretty sure that's super not true. I remember people not updating to SP2 and 3 for a long time because of fear that everything would break. I also remember staying on Windows 2000 for a long time because I thought it was better. I can't remember any specific examples of stuff breaking because it's been too long, but I don't remember every update being smooth. Besides, I know I blocked specific updates. Probably for stability reasons with my hardware config.

Also in the XP days I don't think people updated that often anyway. Mostly just waited for service packs and then after that they waited for the articles about them to confirm whether they were worth the upgrade.

Just install Windows 7. It just works

Problem running on UEFI class 3. Vga.sys uses old interrupts not present in some of the new motherboard

>*breaks a bunch of random things after every update*
So essentially Arch Linux?

>not using the best relevant Windows version instead

Attached: win8.png (688x268, 16K)

Windows update from the website would take like 45 minutes to load and then when you grabbed a driver update it broke fucking everything, security patches would break random shit like sound not working, or making you unplug parallel ports on boot to not generate a BSOD shit like that happened all the time in XP.

>vga.sys
C:\Windows>ver

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]

C:\Windows>dir vga.sys /s /a
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is 7988-D8C7
File Not Found
Huh?

Werks in my machine:tm:

Update your GPU software.

did that, only works on reboot not from shutdown

This

I teach at a university and whenever I enter a computer lab, I fucking hope the guy before me didn't let the damn thing update. My uni doesn't exactly have the hottest new hardware everywhere and a W10 update on an old 5400rpm HDD can sometimes put a PC out of commission for 2 hours.

>on an old 5400rpm HDD
Please put them out of their misery instead of putting them through this torture!

I actually reset my entire computer after the update. Seriously did this and now it works fine. I shouldn't have to but still.

>he's mentally handicapped

Patrician taste, but impractical.

Attached: 1543784443199.jpg (460x423, 17K)

based and ultrabilled

>updates just break shit quite regularly.
Must be something you're running.

But if you're doing it right, user the PowerShell DSC stuff and the OS becomes disposable. Add SCCM or Intune, or write it yourself, and you get autoscaling and a bunch of other things.

I have just over 4000 Server 2016 discretes in production and don't have update issues.

>impractical
How so? I'm very curious. It literally "just werks". Pretty much the only thing I can't do is play recent M$ published games. Otherwise it functions like any normal desktop Windows.

Attached: desktop.png (1920x1080, 309K)

everything is a botnet, user

Just wait for the DCH unified drivers. Then your shitbox will work correctly or occluded permanently.

>Install LTSC because it just werks and is fast
>MS releases feature update that boosts Ryzen performance
>no way to install this on LTSC

...heh....

Attached: 1447171513001.gif (400x307, 1.11M)

>Doesn't get the scheduler improvements that improve Ryzen performance by 10-20%

Attached: works_on_my_machine_classic_round_sticker-r56ce1cc314be46efbe749e9c58c761d5_v9waf_8byvr_540.jpg (540x540, 43K)

Windows 10 is the Dark Souls of Arch Linux

Attached: f52373c59c85e4f250b524ab191a7e80.gif (250x188, 431K)

>not just doing a fresh install on major updates

Literally takes less than an hour.

>fresh install of a rolling release os every arbitrary number of release cycles
The absolute cope of Windows users.

>too lazy and moronic to do a fresh install once a year
the absolute state of brainlets

Nah nigger, I switched to Linux so I wouldn't HAVE to reinstall Windows every 6 months when it inevitably slowed to a crawl thanks to it's shitty filesystem. My Slackware systems are just as stable and fast now as when i installed them ages ago.

>and remember you stupid goy don't know whats best for you so we'll decide when your computer gets updated

Attached: Capture.png (974x192, 25K)

WinToddler BTFO

Attached: Satania BTFO.gif (220x216, 39K)

t. NEET

>*breaks a bunch of random things after every update*
??

Attached: Untitled.png (575x521, 20K)

>hey we randomly reset your app preferences

LTSB>LTSC

There's hardly any difference between it and stock 8.1, in fact you fuck yourself over more by using an embedded version.

i wish
maybe one of these people can help me out?

fuck i just realize i wrote ltsb in that post, it's ltsc

-- oh, and before you say "it's a fresh install, just do a complete reinstall"
this IS that complete reinstall
should i just reinstall it again, and this time just not install any updates, and hope it won't break next tuesday?

>has a test suite bigger than what git is capable of handling
>still break everything after update

And people still think TDD works

is this the "N" version? I had that for a while and its utter shit, missing random DLLs so ~20% of programs just refuse to work along with random crashes

>believing you can unit test C++, Java, or .NET
KEK

c'mon you "ltsc just works" faggots, prove it

Attached: a.png (807x624, 150K)

(ps. i don't give a shit about the store or modern apps, only what windows uses for it's basic settings, the window in the centre is from running a suggestion, "wsreset.exe")

Use Iris or lightbulb my dude

based and ltscpilled

Use LightBulb from GitHub.
The integrated night light can't do smooth transitioning.

Why no May update for LTSC? Does EPYC and Ryzen compatibility not matter in business?
>In b4 they all run Xeons

Heh, nothing personal kid.

neat never heard of it before thanks