What made it more successful than other distros?

What made it more successful than other distros?

Attached: 3e5c281d496fd00c76631657151dcd12.jpg (1600x1200, 124K)

just werks

Definitely not a FUCKIN FOOT.

They worked really hard to gain mindshare. Remember the days when you could order Ubuntu CDs by mail for free?

The owner literally, non-figuratively gave it away. You were able to put in your address on the website and they shipped you the install disk and paid the shipping for you. That and it was "Debian but preconfigured". Not everyone are distrohoppers so they got tons of users. I still think they should be even more successful since it was clearly not a one man weekend project. They take it seriously.

Because they gave it some faggot south african nigger name so leftists flocked to it like the cucks they are

Attached: Brainlet_f3217f_6615771.png (1200x1335, 269K)

debian, but not as bad

It worked.

Attached: ubuntu1904.jpg (640x358, 24K)

i got them, i had cd's for 7.04 and 8.04

Make fun all you want faggot but Ubuntu was a leftist meme complete with the illusion that using Ubuntu meant a level of wokeness, that users supported some bullshit education effort in 3rd world countries, and the vague implication that they were computer geniuses because they were using Linux even though Ubuntu had to be dumbed the fuck down for that very particular user base who would otherwise be using macs. Granted Ubuntu is a stable distro but it was aimed at faggot normies, not developers or sysadmins or anybody else who was already proficient at using a Linux distro to do awesome shit. Cucks who made Ubuntu popular never really did anything other than watch YouTube. It was a literal meme distro. So fuck off with your wojak bullshit.

ubantu was genuinely good around version 8 and 9, in comparison to the train wreck that were linux distros back then.

now all loonix are basically the same so who gives a shit

Always helps to have money backing you up.

Because it came with all the benefits of Debian while being much easier, at least back then. Nowadays Debian is pretty easy to use from the get go, so pick whatever. I prefer Debian myself but i'm not into distro/console wars. In the end distros don't matter that much.

Say what you want nigger, Ubuntu was detrimental to the popularization of GNU/Linux as a desktop solution

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (603x800, 733K)

Google's and Facebook's feedback

seek psychiatric assistance before it is too late

>Ubuntu was detrimental to Linux

I will allow it

“Woke” wasn’t even a term when Ubuntu started kid.

it actually works

Attack vector

The attitude was the same moron

I totally forgot they send me the 9.04 ISO. Loved it, it worked so fast in my then old computer.

It looks like it's supposed to work and not make the user work to make things work.

>Muh Linux secret club

Attached: 15250211348912171433470792504559.jpg.png (263x322, 6K)

this. mark had a lot of throwaway money, and he used it well.

>Ubuntu was a leftist meme
will you people ever cease to exist? please kys ASAP.

marketting, convenience, african juju

>Ubuntu - South African bullshit word about humanity and compassion for a fucking OS
>logo is faggots holding hands for a fucking OS

Miss me with that gay shit

because Ubuntu has been given more resources than any other distro combined. you can circlejerk over open source software all you want but when push comes to shove it's MONEY that pushes innovation harder than any set of ideals ever will