/pcbg/ - PC Building General

ATTENTION: The Navi RX 5700XT and RX 5700 will launch alongside Ryzen 3000 series CPUs with PCIe 4.0 on 7/7/2019. Nvidia is rumored to be releasing a SUPER series that will reportedly see 20 series cards bumped by ~15% performance while retaining their price points. More info on the SUPER series possible on 6/21.

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700 or 9700K - Extreme solution for absolute max FPS
>R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: Color-Coded-Cable-Management.png (1024x768, 1.15M)

Other urls found in this thread:

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/QJprdX
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/tRH3hy
pcpartpicker.com/list/tjBT6s
pcpartpicker.com/list/7dJtP3
pcpartpicker.com/list/wTjJ6s
store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=W3R46AT&opt=ABU&sel=MTO
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/bvfo57/list_of_b350_b450_x370_and_x470_motherboards_with/
github.com/integralfx/MemTestHelper
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/3vGx4q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

d-don't f-forget Intel guys, we're still up to 1% better in your favorite titles such as Fortnite and Overwatch!
remember, security doesn't matter if you're a gamer!

>No bequiet! pc cases in-stores in Australia, only online
Wtf

why does everything have to have led nowadays

Does pairing a 144hz monitor with a 60hz on vega 56 cause any problems?

What case is that?

4 core 4 threads at 4.4ghz
or
4 core 8 threads at 3.8ghz

?

I'm tempted to go with Windows 10 over Windows 7 right now, is there anything that is likely to fuck up doing an upgrade? Software/drivers not working or something? It's my main machine so I dont want to fuck it up.

>corsair anything
Enjoy your RMA.

depends on how your workload was programmed.

Zen2 launches in 3 weeks.

He was shilling the 9700k 3 months before it was out.
Buying Intel now is retarded.

both are pretty shit

>waiting for zen 2 cause intel prices are dumb
>checking everything today
>top end AMD cpu is pretty expensive
>the x570 boards are REALLY expensive
>even the new gpu's seems way to high priced
i mean guys i hate intel for keeping us at an eternal hologram summer of 4 cores but if i didn't know any better AMD seems to be trying to take there place instead of staying affordable.

Attached: 1560683886217.jpg (433x380, 26K)

So will the rx5700/5700xt actually be worth buying?

My current system is close to 6 years old.

its for games

>STILL recommending deprecated intel shit
kys faggot

>So will the rx5700/5700xt actually be worth buying?
calling it now its going to be price dropped by fall, let the early adopters pay $450 for it

I currently have a home "server" with a single 8GB DDR3 RAM stick. I realize that it's running out of RAM because of a hydrus client and I'd want to run ZFS on it someday. It also runs samba, tt-rss, mpd, and some other minor shit.
How important is it to match speeds for dual channel on a server like this? The stick I currently have in it is almost twice as expensive as a different 8GB stick. And would you think that 32GB is enough for this? I'm not so worried about ZFS to be honest.

hey guys, i need some advice when it comes to building a pc for video editing, is it possible to make a budget build here?
How important is the GPU for video editing? Is the CPU still the most important?
Here is my try:

>500€
>de.pcpartpicker.com/list/QJprdX
>Main use Video editing

Its for my sister, she has some piece of shit pc with an APU and no GPU so even this will be a huge upgrade and hopefully I can still find a good harddrive. Any suggestions on how I could improve this?

>HDD
SSD is very important for video editing.
You should just get a 2400G. The rendering isn't going to be really fast but it'll be fine for the editing part.
The big problem is that video editing uses a lot of swap since you can't possibly have enough memory for large video files, and swap on HDD is agonizingly slow.

windows 7 has the best compatability with software especially japanese ones

just get the older products

stop being poor, $1000 is nothing in the long run

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/tRH3hy
Is this a good build for ~60hz 1080p gayming? I am mainly going to waste time browsing, rip media and play some vidya on it (battlefield, cyberpunk, older titles and strategy games like anno).
I thought R5 2600 & RX 570 4gb would be good enough for that. Is there somewhere I can still safe some money? I thought about going with a 1600, but the difference in Krautland is only 10-20€. Going with the 2200g would save me about 50€.
What about a monitor (24inch 1080p)? Is there anything affordable (150-200€ max.) that doesn't have a zoomer gaming aesthetic, but can handle fps games? Preferably with eye care features. Benq? Dell?

Attached: 9ddf217acfc952f7e6b399cd079336b3bda35438cdc9cfcf7c9323a3e2d704fc.png (1920x1182, 3.14M)

Thanks for the advice, it might be difficult to get an SSD with this budget though, do you think I can get a weaker GPU or RAM, or am I at the minimum for editing here already?

>de.pcpartpicker.com/list/tRH3hy
could save a bit with the 2200G and it would save you more since you can skip the graphics card

How's this for a Zen 2 build? It's going in a Lian Li PC-Y6. I can't find any info on support for rads but the vent at the bottom sure looks like it's made to accommodate one.
pcpartpicker.com/list/tjBT6s

>top end is offering significantly lower prices compared to Intel equivalent.
>X570 is confirmed to be occupying the tier between X470 and X399

get a tomahawk instead

I'm still rocking an i5 4690 with an GTX 1080. Will Ryzen 3600 enough upgrade for me, or should I go with the 3600x. I'm only considering a mATX Buisness board

>570
For what purpose ?

I'm only seeing ATX options

Wouldn't a b450 still work with Ryzen 3?

Attached: 7n48gewun0p21.png (1069x1833, 212K)

>I'm tempted to go with Windows 10 over Windows 7 right now

why? it's worse. unless you have a specific reason you will be happier on 7. i'm so pissed off at its hostile user interface design and inability to change settings without utilities and its telemetry that turns itself back on in the background without you knowing that i wished i never installed windows 10 and stayed on 7

Jow Forums I have read somewhere that bigger graphic cards (rtx 2070 and above) suffer from sagging, is there a list whitch one are not as affected by this ?

pcpartpicker.com/list/7dJtP3

I don't have an idea if the GPU fits.

but Intel is superior for gaming even by AMDs own benchmarks?

What are you talking about cuckfiend.

>What about a monitor (24inch 1080p)? Is there anything affordable (150-200€ max.) that doesn't have a zoomer gaming aesthetic, but can handle fps games? Preferably with eye care features. Benq? Dell?

the el cheapo Asus 1080p IPS monitor i bought for $150 in 2010 works fine. it is clearly lower quality than the dell ultrasharp i use now but it is not a lower quality that cuts into usability. but i would definitely buy a nice monitor if you can, it makes a difference.

Someone mind retardpilling me on PSUs and their alphabetical model coding? TX, RM, CX, RX, RXm, CXm... what does this gay shit means?

>top end AMD cpu is pretty expensive
>$2000 9980XE performance for $750
????

Hey
Im looking for advice/thoughts on this build im thinking about getting for gaming. I mainly want a build that can run games like Squad and Insurgency Sandstorm.
Heres the build:
pcpartpicker.com/list/wTjJ6s

Also, i don't feel like forking out extra money for a new monitor, my current one should do but im not entirely sure. Thoughts? Heres my current monitor:
store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=W3R46AT&opt=ABU&sel=MTO

No and never. Performance is shit and its overpriced.

what were you expecting? getting a 16core cpu boosting to 4.7ghz for 200usd?
the 3800x and below are gaming-oriented parts and they'll run fine on good x470 / b450 boards. x570 is just for the 12/16cores that draw more power so the x470 vrm designs won't be enough.
the pci4 thing is a meme aswell currently. even if you get a 5700xt speciul edition it cannot even max pci3, a fucking 2080ti can't. so do your research and get a quality b450. most people will wait atleast one more generation to go pci4, since there's no mainsteam appeal:
>no gpus fast enough
>no affordable nvme4 ssds
>ddr4-3200 is completely doable on b450, so why bother

What will the *real* TDP of a 3700X be?
My current r5 2600 has an official TDP of 65W, yet I've seen it go up to 100W without any overclocking. When OC'd to 4.0 Ghz at 1.3V it goes up to 100-120W when at 70-90% load.
Can I trust that a 3700X will stay at the same range? Given that it's an "X" ryzen, wouldn't it be better at self-OCing due to XFR and PBO? Will the 65W spec be achievable with the advertised max clock speeds?

Attached: Zen2_TDP.png (746x310, 18K)

To expand on this question is less cores + higher clocks better for gaming than slower clocks but double the threads?

You don't really need a cpu cooler (lumi is terrible value btw), get a 3600X that comes with wrath spire and spend the saved $ on a better gpu like rx580/gtx1660

You need dem threads m8
Also better to just upgrade to a more recent gen

usb c on graphics cards - what is it for and does it functions as a fully fledged usb c (ex for connecting usb c laptops/tablets or to charge them)

is it a good idea to buy a 1050ti))) or is 1650 better for poor people? I'm expecting low power consumption and longevity and to fit a small case.

also wraith prisms from the 2700x are being thrown out left and right on ebay. it comes with a 105w tdp chip so with the 3600 being 65w it's gonna be peachy.

1650 has exactly one use case: you buy a cheap office machine (dell optiplex, fujitsu esprimo, lenovo thinkcenter, etc.) with a good cpu but no pcie cable from the psu. that's it. the fact that it runs on the 75w pcie slot power and needs no additional power cables is it's only redeeming quality.
If you have a non-shit psu with atleast one 6+2 pcie cable, then get a 1660(ti) or a 570/580

1050ti is bad altogether nowadays. low vram, low throughput. get something else. i know burgers recently had this thing on newegg where the msi rx570 was 120usd, but with 2 free games, so really it was a free gpu.

usb-c on gpus is only for the nvidia VRlink thing. it's not a standard input.

because it costs nothing relative to the rest of the product so there is little advantage in not having it. it's like asking why do cars have hubcaps and mirrors on their flipdown visor. that shit is pocket lint.

>1660ti
>the 75w pcie slot power and needs no additional power cables is it's only redeeming quality.
1660 costs twice of 1650.
Also you just listed what I listed as an advantage and told me that it's a bad thing. How does that work? That's exactly what I want - a cheap low power GPU for a small case in a computer I use for blender and mmos.

so i've been looking at a lot of shit and i'm starting to think why shouldn't i just get one of the water cooling kits from ekwb and run my own loop for only $100-$125 more instead of getting an AIO. the only thing holding me back is i want to do an ITX build.
does anyone have experience with their kits?

Water loops are useless

guys is the asrock b450 pro4 still the best price for the performance tier?
or should i get gaming k4 fatality?
im planning to upgrade to 3700x later

>or should i get gaming k4 fatality
That's worse than PRO4.
MSi have the best midrange boards.

You can easily run a new 8 core on a >$150 4xx board.

TDP is all about thermals, not power consumption.

because you're gimping yourself with a meme gpu. i mean buy whatever you feel like, but i certainly wouldn't get it unless i had to.

good to know.
Does that mean that a 105W TDP cooler will do a good job with a 3700X?

Yes. The included cooler will be great for it.

What temps should I aim for on i5 2500k? Some people say 60-65, some say bellow 80, I don't know who to listen.

Planning to get a b450 mobo with the new ryzen cpus. But the cpu I'm upgrading from is AM3. Is it possible to flash a motherboard without having a CPU?

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/bvfo57/list_of_b350_b450_x370_and_x470_motherboards_with/

So I bought an gtx 1070 off a friend for 200 britbong shekels but I have an i7 4770 in my PC. Will that be enough to run the card without serious slowdown and bottlenecking or will I have to upgrade?
Upgrading from a gtx 970

Ahh cool thanks man.

Yes it'll be enough

I'm first trying this overclock thing

The stock for this module is 3000 15-16-16-16-35-69

Attached: IMG-20190616-WA0021.jpg (3264x1836, 1.04M)

is it overclocked? if its overclocked and you're using a cheaper tower cooler like a 212 evo then anything below ~70 is pretty decent. my old i5 used to hit the 70s at 4.5ghz (80s in summer) and i had that shit for 5 years without any issues. i'd say below 70s is good. above that its probably a bit toasty but you won't have any problems. stay below 90 though.

Does anyone know if the ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formulais compatible with a 7700k?

why do you want to overclock your ram?

That isn't really much difference

3000Mhz CL 16 is 10.66ns
3460Mhz CL 18 is 10.40ns

Latency is essentially within a quarter nanosecond.

github.com/integralfx/MemTestHelper
Will save you from derping the threads
That's clearly 3460 CL16

Overclocked. Honestly I'm really tired of all sort of people pulling numbers from their ass without any explanations. Literally just decreased overclock from 4.8ghz to 4.7ghz to make temp stay bellow 75 because another person said exactly the same thing except 75 instead of 70.

why reduce clocks? when aiming for a temp target don't reduce clocks (unless its literally a housefire at 90+ degrees). just set a more aggressive fan curve for your cpu cooler.

thoughts on r5 2600x and a rtx 2060 for 1080p gaming? wanna be able to play stuff like death stranding and doom eternal when they come out etc

You got embarrassed in the last thread, idiot. Intel CPUs still beat Ryzen+ in most benchmarks, and Zen 2 isn't out yet.

>Zen 2 isn't out yet
Which is why you're not seeing any builds being posted. People would rather wait than get pozzed.

Using 3-pin fans.

if you wait literally 3 weeks the new gen ryzen processors will be releasing with 15% higher IPC and the ability for higher clocks. the 2060 would be fine for 1080p gaming. 1080p 144hz even.

doesn't make a difference. you can still adjust the fan curve. my msi motherboard had that in the bios. check if yours does too.

>but i would definitely buy a nice monitor if you can, it makes a difference.
I am planning to, I just don't know which one. The dell u2419h seems great, but I can't find any reviews and I don't know if it would make fps games unplayable because of input lag etc. There's also the older model u2417h.

My 2200g tops at 69C all stock and it's "winter" in the south hemisphere

Because I'm on a Ryzen Apu and with slow Rams it's shit and with fast ram it's pretty good

Everybody that OCs ram loosens the timings on the process (unless they got a great chip) and there's still relevant improvement in performance
Someone told me that it's because albeit the latency remains the same the band is larger

Why tho, I'm already using hci memtest

delay according to their site is 8ms and i'm no fps nut but i have no issue playing fps games with that much delay on my dell p2418d

ahhhhhh guys I was gunna buy a 3600 but I just got a deal like $75 off on a bnib 9600k, which will be $20 cheaper than the 3600.

I don't even play vidya I just need a computer that will last a while but this is hard to pass up on AHHHHHHH.

The b450 mobos are SO MUCH better than boards for intel at the same price. Fucking AMD why didn't you come out with your products earlier?

post poorfag setups

Attached: IMG_20190611_170137.jpg (3120x4160, 3.89M)

Attached: IMG-20190615-WA0041.jpg (3264x1836, 744K)

Hey guys, I decided to change my PC due to the new amd processors. Here's the PC I have right now (the web doesn't have some of the parts I use):
>de.pcpartpicker.com/list/3vGx4q
>Power supply: Tacens Mars Gaming 800W 80 Plus

I have a budget of 1000€, I was thinking about changing the CPU to the new amd ryzen 3600 or 3600x, the graphic card to a msi rtx 2060 ventus OC and the motherboard to a ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Hero, what do you guys think?

>Noctoa
Not a smart poorfag then, pretty shit performance/$.

What's the best air cooler?

Fuck I thought that was a pic of the entire case

Attached: JPEG_20190615_190149.jpg (3984x2988, 3.61M)

I believe it's some Noctua one, but it costs way more than the performance it adds. Hyper 212 is the best budget one in my opinion.

Ahh that's the one on my current rig.

Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO

Which is the best b450 for 3700x?
Maybe try to do light overclocking in the near future.

I got it for free

>I'm already using hci memtest
Yeah and you're using it wrong.

B450 Gaming Pro Carbon.

Whats the closest thing better than i3-8100 on a budget?

Also, if u can recommend, a good cpu to pair up with gtx 1070, im a poor nigger sorrry

Cpu?

Why doesn't the OP include anything about cases?
Also, don't forget that cases are bloat and totally unnecessary if you're diligent with dusting and you don't spill beverages all over your room.

Attached: 20190616_110134.jpg (2448x3264, 2.45M)