4K is a meme. Prove me wrong

4K is a meme. Prove me wrong

Attached: 1560685200231.jpg (401x367, 36K)

I'm pretty sure 4K is a resolution, retard

ultrawide is a meme, high resolution and high refresh are great

this is what people literally said about 1440p at one point
pretty sure it's not gonna be a big deal in a few years

Fpbp

Thought it was a horizontal pixel count?

Sure, I got a 4K 144Hz monitor and it looks gorgeous and therefore not a meme.

Every new technology is a meme before widespread usage
Than it's just "normie shit"
But you shouldn't shame other people just because you can't afford it

Attached: chen.webm (640x360, 2M)

Why the fuck does it matter if there's no indication of how big the screen is or how close you're supposed to sit to it?? All that matters is the PPI (pixels per inch).

Yeah fuckin 4K phone screens are meme because they're like 3 inches wide and you don't hold them 1/4 of an inch from your eyes.

Same shit with 4K to 8K TVs if you're watching them from yards away. Stupid fucking salesman was showing me the 4K to 8K TV comparison while sitting a few feet away. No shit there's not going to be a difference. The ONLY advantage is that you can sit closer to the TV or you can have a bigger TV screen.

So OP without any context regarding the screen size your question is shit. PPI however is not a meme because it tells me immediately how close or far I can be from your screen.

have text

Did people fall for that meme? 720p plasma directly to QLED 8k. No need for anything in between.

Attached: serveimage (2).jpg (249x202, 12K)

4K is great as a high quality 1080p option for movies and series. You see, 1080p streaming is basically always shit but when you're streaming 4K to a 1080p screen or to a 4K TV at equal viewing distance, you get a nice improvement in quality over a shitty 1080p stream.

Also HDR > 4K

wow very impressive user, I didn't know it was possible to make a post this bad. highly, highly, impressive.

QLED isn't OLED you fucking brainlet. OLED costs like 4 times as much too.

it's 100% correct user

>HDR > 4K
This is a decent shitpost

It's fucking gibberish.

what

desktop monitors are a meme
just buy a tv faggot its 10 times cheaper and 10 times better

only exception is gaming, in that case buy a crt.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1280x960, 176K)

I'm sorry it's too complicated for you to understand.

Let me dumb it down for you. Streaming 4K content and playing it back supersampled on a 1080p screen or on 4K screen at equal screen size and viewing distance results in a higher quality image compared to the average native 1080p stream from Netflix, Amazon Prime or Apple TV.

Attached: H4vJ0fJV2aRKrmRG0j03bBAqh1RA9f0lHZjfHD_guCU.jpg (640x513, 78K)

lol

No no I heard what you said. It's just wrong.

What a shit thread and shit board, cant believe Jow Forums has been lowered to these standards.

It's completely correct though but troll harder fagoot.

Attached: 1559580979960.gif (346x495, 819K)

it's summer, also Jow Forums has been consumerist shit for years
especially after all the good posters moved to /diy/

>Talkies are meme. Prove me wrong.

movies are for children, they're absolute garbage

yeah i use a 4k and its worthless
1440p is dumb too if 1080p can comfortably push 144hz

Who said anything about OLED? I'm upgrading from plasma, I don't want burn in or screens with short life spans.

3k here it absolutely is not especially for real time applications nothing can match raw resolution
Sadly modern gpus have stagnated and struggle to drive most 3d games applications and other software at satisfactory fps
Even my 2080ti struggles at 100hz paltry 10ms frame time target I'd hate to think what gpu it would take to drive 4k 240hz or 8k 120hz (hasn't even reached 60hz reliably yet even o nthe latest dual dp/Hdmi spec)
Maybe virtual link will finally be used for that who the fuck knows as its a flop for vr thus far (just like vr itself l

>Sadly modern gpus have stagnated
lol

Hmm let's see 10x times laggier less color accurate lower dpi and abysmal for close viewing on a desktop environment but you meme up that htpc I guess I tried it sucked ass and fuck fucking 16:9 after 21:9 or wider

16tflop is fuck all when your trying to actually push native 4k+ at anything over 60hz minimum but you wouldn't know that being stuck on your 1080p 60hz garbage

>3k
kys

>he's actually trying to argue that modern gpus have stagnated
just lol

3440x1440p kys
Yes amd shill your gpus have stagnated what of it
Amd are sand bagging like fuck

At what DPI antialiasing becomes unnecessary?

lol

RTX and Poovi are massive disappointments

Depends on the screen size and resolution
It's deminishing returns over 8k with the sweet spot between 2-6k imho newer aa does a much better job for far less perf loss especially in games
>lol
Lol