>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Group Buys
deskthority.net/viewforum.php?f=50
drop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last Thread

Attached: EVE keyboard.jpg (5344x3008, 1.52M)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/tshort/dactyl-keyboard
aliexpress.com/item/HEXGEARS-GK705-Hot-Swappable-Mechanical-Keyboard-104-Keys-Kailh-Box-Switch-Gamer-Keyboard-for-Computer-Clavier/32952663095.html
youtube.com/watch?v=7HYXsZqpHrg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's the advantage of the ortholinear layout?

Erconomics

you look like a hacker when you post pics of your keyboard on reddit.

Some day I'll get around to building a fucking dactyl

I think building one would be such a nice experience, but the truth is, I might not even use it as my everyday keyboard

the keys are closer together which makes them easier to reach and find
it's very easy, everything you need is literally here github.com/tshort/dactyl-keyboard
also it's not that much better than the iris for me, it being 3d is not that big of a deal, but the thumb cluster is very nice

red or brown switches for my first mechanical keyboard?

>it's very easy
My printer is consistently fucking up and because I'm a poorly organised piece of shit I haven't touched it in months because of this. I'm sure with enough effort I could get it to work properly, but here we are on a Sunday afternoon and I'm lying in my bed shitposting on Jow Forums, and maybe I'll get up and shitpost on my desktop later.
The alternative is to buy the case off someone but that just feels like such an absolutely retarded waste of money when I literally have a printer right here.

recommend usb numpad

the Leopold one

YMDK one for $30 off vincent on ali

I want an ANSI tenkeyless board with hotswap switches. Both because I'm not sure what switches I want and because I'll probably be curious about trying something else in six months anyway. I did a morning of cursory research and it seems I have three choices:

>Team Wolf Zhuque
Pros: Cheap. Cons: more /csg/ than /mkg/, only takes Chinesium switches, not standard Cherry MX

>GMMK TKL
Pros: Decent quality, accepts all switches. Cons: Might have to grease the stabilizers. People on Jow Forums will make fun of me for buying ricer gaymen crap.

>Input Club K-type
Pros: Beautifully made, fully programmable. Cons: Expensive. You can't just order one, you have to deal with that massdrop/group-buy crap

Are there choices I'm missing? Which one would you guys recommend?

>accepts all switches
It only takes plate-mount switches as the PCB doesn't have holes for PCB-mount legs. Bit of a pain.

Everyone knows the GMMK is one of the few good choices. It's also priced reasonably. You'll get shit on if you buy logitech or corsair because they're overpriced and there are tons of better alternatives, but neither is the case here.
It has its flaws but it's not "bad" per se. I'd go for it.

That said I am not in the hotswap market so I don't know if there are any other choices you haven't listed that may be better than the GMMK.

My zhuque fits gateron and Kailh box switches without issue. Idk where you're doing your research.

there's a few more chink options like
aliexpress.com/item/HEXGEARS-GK705-Hot-Swappable-Mechanical-Keyboard-104-Keys-Kailh-Box-Switch-Gamer-Keyboard-for-Computer-Clavier/32952663095.html
they all use the same hotswap socket

How heavy is the silent cherry mx black switches? I'm looking at using Aliaz 100g

>there are people who unironically use cherry profile

Attached: 1547209353903.jpg (125x70, 1K)

one review of it I read said that the LEDs on the PCB meant that some switches didn't sit properly. idk, maybe they fixed that, or it's just manufacturing variability because it's China.

eh, guess I might as well then

thanks anons

Can we trust a left hand was so much power?
Can the left hand really hit all those keys?

AAAAAAAAAA I WANT MONEY

>blues are too loud
>browns are barely tactile

Attached: 1560303854138.gif (560x420, 175K)

Clears

Really a stupid question but my down key hasn't worked the past day.
Is it common for mechanical key boards to lose functionality in a certain key?
My brother bought me this keyboard 3-4 years ago, before that I used a shitty wireless keyboard for about 10 years with no issues.
I have checked and I don't have any macros open or any program affecting my keyboard.
Every other key works fine.
It is a Logitech G710+ some gamer shit which wouldn't be my first choice but it was free so oh well.
I guess my question is, is it easy to fix a not working key?

I've never had that issue in my life. Maybe that review was for the older model with the blue lights. The rainbow version has no issues fitting different switches.

try cleaning it with some rubbing alcohol

opinion on aliaz silent switches? Are they still tactile and silent?

>clears are barely tactile

Yeah that didn't do anything. The switch looks in good condition (from what I can tell) it sounds fine and there isn't any gumminess to the press.
Is it generally easy to replace the piece? As if I take it apart and try another cardinal switch in the down space to see if it is just a bad piece?
If it is simple then I can just use a switch from a key I don't use.

Glorified Gat silent browns. Same stems but in a cute pink color, in Zealio-like polycarbonate housings, with heavier spring options than normal silent browns.

replacing switches is easy, it's just two pins you have to desolder/solder.
youtube.com/watch?v=7HYXsZqpHrg

Might as well get red

how is the force? I am currently using silent mx blacks.

depends on what springs you want

70 or 80g

After taking it apart it looks like I spilled something on it a while back, there was some corrosion on the board and some rust.
I guess I fucked it up, at least it was only the one key.
I will try to replace it when I can get out to my brother's house to use his iron. Hopefully that area of the board isn't just FUBAR.

At 80g it feels like less tactile clears. The weighting feels very similar. Keep in mind that gateron browns are more tactile than cherry browns, but less tactile than cherry clears. If you think that clears are too heavy than consider 70g

Attached: accross the rhine.jpg (2200x1467, 452K)

>>>
>Anonymous 06/16/19(Sun)17:12:06 No.71450578▶
Please tell me the make and model of this keyboard. I cannot find it online.. file name didn't help.

zeal v2, meme panda, outemu sky, box royal, hako royal, etc.

a one-off some redditor made

I spilled black coffee in two switches months ago, they stick a little. I've heard horror stories about people pouring rubbing alcohol in switches and killing their boards, but I really can't think of any other options.

Then solder new switches into it?

That doesn't fix the switches, that replaces them.

Please recommend me a soldering iron for under $20 then because otherwise it's not a viable alternative to actually helping the issue.

>he doesn't already have a soldering iron
What are you, a woman?

No, I'm someone with a net worth of $25

cospad

input club is dead?

there is only Gemini or (mass)drop ctrl

get a chink one from ali-expresss

The EVE was gonna be a group buy, but there wasn't enough interest. He was also the same guy that was doing that glow in the dark doubleshot keycap set, but it was too expensive so he canceled it. I met the guy and he's offering custom one offs if you message him on reddit.

Attached: 20180616_160914.jpg (4032x3024, 3.36M)

Just get a cheap weller clone from china.

>Budget
$150
>Location (continent at least)
America
>Preferred switch type
For gaming use so I think Linear (soft?) = Red
>Layout
ANSI EN-US
>Form factor
TKL or smaller
>Backlight
I don't care so much
>Previous/current keyboards
A very cheap kbd

Attached: kbd.jpg (640x360, 62K)

just submerge it in water and shake it around with a little with of soap. Rinse then let it dry for a week and it will be fine

Is the tactility of a brown different from a blue?

browns are like scratchy reds.

>glow in the dark
This gave me an idea. Instead of buying a LED kb I could just buy blank PBT caps and slap glowing stickers on them

don't listen to this guy.
Red are scratchy
Brown are scratchy with the feeling of shit halfway of pressing the key.

Are Gateron Ink/ Silent Ink switches any good?

Attached: GatInk.jpg (1000x750, 216K)

Yeah, kinda pricey though.

If you have a digital multimeter, can you can check the continuity of your switch before you desolder it.
Maybe switch is to blame but maybe it's the PCB.

Leopold Fc750r PD

Probably the board itself honestly.
There was some clear rust juice and some brown and blue on the board after giving it some alcohol.
I haven't a multimeter or much of anything outside of screwdrivers/wrenches here, however do you think the problem affected the actual unit itself and not just the switch?
I don't want to go through the hassle of replacing it to find it doesn't work anyway.

A low-tech solution would be too short circuit the switch with bit of wire. If that works, then you know the switch is bad.
P.S. You can pop off the top half of the switch housing to get out the contacts. YT probably has a dozen videos about this.

Dunno. Kailh and Cherry are my manufacturers of choice.

Thanks bud

They move fast. I remember when gaterons were the next cheap chinkshit clones. Now they have 25235324 switches and some prefer them over cherrys.

Attached: HP-sixty-screws.png (556x340, 65K)

At least they're screws and not rivets like the macbook keyboard kek.

is this the Mechanical Keyboard General?

Kailh copper y/n?

Do you like reduced-travel switches?
Do you like very light tactility?
Do you like your tactile bump right at the top?

When is corsair coming up with new stuff?

yes

What caps should I use for the next few months?

Pulse SA
Cherry Hiragana
Cherry Blank Black

I needed a cheap keyboard and ended up picking up a Gigabyte K83, did i fuck up?

not really, it just won't feel as premium as a Leopold, at least you have decent switches and not some unknown chink cherry clone

I'm about to pick up the Leopold FC980M based on the recommendations I received in the last thread. I was wondering however for more options, is there a prebuild 1080 keyboard you would recommend with a backlight, but the nice keycaps and build quality of leopold? I found the Coolermaster masterkey but I fucking hate the keycaps on it and I really don't feel like changing them out

Kira96 maybe? Or wait for the assdrop Shift if you can deal with its fugly floating keys.
1800 layout/96key is kinda niche so it tends to get pricey though.

The 1800 layout is rare, Leopold is the best you can get for a prebuilt, or if you want something more compact check out a 96key keyboard as there are more options like the Drevo Joyeuse v2 (low profile), Kira96(hot swap), or Choc 96 (cheap + hot swap)

Attached: ZZ96.jpg (4160x3088, 3.54M)

The mk2 stuff is basically final, there's really nothing else to upgrade.
K70 mk2 comes with full RGB (legit 16.8 million colors), aluminium top plate, the volume wheel, Cherry MX in brown, red or silent.

What else do you need?

Actually acceptable keycaps for their price point?

oof this looks nice, where can I get something like this in canada?

The ZZ96 was a group buy item a few years ago, but you could build a YMD96, which is similar.
Or get a Kira, they still have some of the metal case ones in stock.

the ZZ96 is a chinese custom keyboard, you'd have to build it yourself. If you want one prebuilt then you'd have to find one used. there are other ones, but you'd also have to build it yourself

Attached: ZZ96_SA_Jukebox.jpg (5184x3456, 1003K)

That will be another $50, goyim.

Building your own custom keyboard is a whole lot easier now. There are hotswap PCBs meaning you don't even need to solder anything. It's basically like lego bricks. And with tools like QMK you can edit your layout easily with a web applet then flash with a single click so you never have to see a line of code. The hardest part is figuring out what switches and colors you like. YMDK/Melody 96 now has a hotswap PCB option.

where to buy the ikbc mf's id buy a 87 or 108 idc but amazon only has red/silent red switches. Everywhere else out of stock

Thanks for the info, but I just orderend myself a Leopold. Thanks again to the guy who recommended it in the last thread, it'll be here later this week.

Attached: large_2822_large_2825_FC980M_1.jpg (1200x801, 353K)

Blue

is there anyplace that has the FC980M with Clear switches in stock?

who's getting one?

Attached: shinobi.jpg (2048x1365, 590K)

*CLICK* *CLACK* *CLICK* *CLACK*

Yeah, no, thanks bro.
What's even the point of that annoying sound? Like who the hell had the idea of creating that thing? For what purpose?

That is an attractive idea.

Not that i've seen

blues were made to introduce hysteresis and their sound was an annoying side effect which gamers liked for some shitty reason

I just used wd40 to fix one of my keys in order to fix an issue and it seems to be working fine. Is it okay to use wd40 over contact cleaner?

Do not use wd40 on anything you care about.

For what purpose?

Never use WD40 bro. For switches i recommend white lithium grease.