Easy comfy Jow Forums job?

So I finish my CS degree soon. I don't want to be a web developer sheep like the rest of them and waste all my prime years as basically a prisoner.

I want a comfy job that I can learn most of what I need to know in the first couple of months and then spend most of my working hours shitposting/reading book/playing vidya or whatever hobby I want to spend time on.

I heard sys admin can be like this. What else is there?

Attached: EvolutionSysadmin_Infographic.png (3451x2635, 2.37M)

I'd call myself a fucking hobbyist but by that chart I'm a senior sysadmin

Sign of a good sysadmin is that he spends his working hours watching animu and playing vidya because he's got everything oiled and automated, so yeah.

>tfw systems programmer
>rolling out customized linux images to run on 128MB ram devices
>cross-compiling the kernel and picking the filesystem
>cross-compiling just enough packages for the target to function
>picking out chips based on driver support
>all this shit is beneath me

sounds like what Im after...
How do I learn to become a good sys admin? Any resource you recommend?

this image is utter bullshit

i installed ubuntu
gib job pls

Same. Most of the people who pass the operating systems course in my university know the concepts mentioned in the infographic for senior sysadmins, yet most of them don't even know how to write a bash script and don't use Linux at all.

>senior sysadmin is mediocre linux developer
lmao

>Navigate a filesystem
>Edit files
>'Novice Sysadmin'

The state of Linux.

Attached: 1521264740310.jpg (641x641, 73K)

Fixed your infograph

Attached: fixed.png (3451x2635, 1.97M)

It is a lot more than that. You have to prove you have more to offer than the alternative. That is where you will shine. Find the problems, fix the problems, show the savings. This should only take 1-3 weeks total of your life of 52 weeks a year. You want to show you are worth more than any replacement. Department managers will fuck with you with the stupidest of shit and change their mind even few days you need to be ready for that. Never give the lowest days they can expect, give the worst or normal. At admin level you are Salary and a burn out will affect other department requests and your credibility.

Missed one link

Attached: fixed 2.0.png (3451x2635, 1.96M)

System admin is such a meaningless word. If you are working contract for a client I suppose you can get away with such nothingness, But if you are working in house for a company typically some other existing role has these responsibilities.

System administration is a dying job OP. Every company is moving to the cloud and letting Amazon manage their servers.

Only the resume builders. They move it, jump ship. Let the rest sort it out. Claim any success on resume and keep moving to retirement. Cloud is straight up suicide for any company. Before any questions on pic, yes, I have worked IT, I've seen what cloud can do and most are fucked.

Attached: STAP.gif (680x720, 409K)

what does it do?

What's wrong with Software Engineering --> Senior Software Engineer? It seems like it has better pay than going down a Sysadmin path.

sys admin, dev ops (CI), hosting, and deployment (CD) all in one place.

I'm working in a team of ~100 sysadmin/support, we have groups of 10 people each responsible for their 10-15 offices each with 100 computers as well as all the network shit.
While often we have to deal with bullshit calls like "my printer does not work and what does paper jammed mean?" there's plenty of free time to shitpost/read book/play vidya
>cloud
Might be fine if it's some family business with a dozen computers. Here we have our own Citrix "cloud" with virtual apps and desktops and somebody will always have to babysit that trash.

Even if cloud simplifies infra, someone still needs to configure all the software used in there. For an example a LOT of the O365 functionalities are hidden from the GUI and normies think that CLI is archaic DOS era tool. A lot of the business software is custom made to fit each company even if it's hosted in the cloud.

Lol senior sysadmin per this chart lands you in the middle of the unemployment office once a truly platform agnostic solution hits mainstream. Docker is pleb tier compared to stuff that will be out shortly. Likely by end of 2020 you will see the wanton slaughter of devops teams commencing.

work in a soc