How is Radeon even still a thing?

How is Radeon even still a thing?
All of their releases are complete dogshit.

Attached: AMD-Radeon-RX-5700XT-Series-E3.jpg (1266x745, 59K)

they aren't really, they have 1% market share

>complete dogshit
>stilll better than the Nvidia alternative
>he thinks PC gaymers make up a significant portion of Radeon technologies group's profit margins

Attached: 1544233345147.gif (1336x1358, 2.34M)

Who exactly is the Radeon target market? Blind elderly trying to buy groceries who accidentally put it in their shopping cart?

enterprise and semi custom make up the vast majority of RTGs target market. They don't need to be good. Just better than the Nvidia alternative at that price point.

And gaming consoles

I'm going to buy one, and hopefully sooner else will.
We pulled through the dozer, we'll see them make a decent gpu again.

consoles are part of there semi custom business.

But why? Just wait for the Super RTX cards.

The funny part is that it is still faster and cheaper than the 2070. IDK what OP is bitching about.

Attached: 3194cb873e47209b4df324124d39be25ef4068d2r1-1080-969v2_hq.jpg (1024x918, 53K)

>How is Radeon even still a thing?
midrange graphics, for less than 200 Euros you can have a premium 1080p gaming experience. And it doesnt matter how much Jow Forums would like you to believe, majority are still on 1080p.

That's a 1 year old card and AMD just barely competes with it, that's pathetic.
Also Super RTX is coming soon, so there's really no reason to ever buy the 5700XT.

People who for ill defined reasons hold a grudge against Nvidia.

I wish I got 1080 when it came out, I'd be a happy man for whole 4 years. These few years been weird, going against the old trends, apparently it's beneficial to buy high end GPUs these days.

Attached: 1246357672032.jpg (604x483, 41K)

Bought a 1080 ti used for about $500 a year or so ago, between RTX and Navi disappointing across the board I'm constantly feeling better about my purchase in terms of frames/$$.
High end Pascal has aged really well given the shit releases and tiny improvements made since then

Super will either be even more expensive or AMD will lower their prices to match. Don't be an idiot.

This guy is actually right.. AMD graphics cards are complete dogshit as a competitor and should just stick to making CPU's

All info about it so far seems to indicate that super will take the current RTX prices.
The idea that AMD can afford to lower their prices but Nvidia can't is a laughable meme.

They had fuck all R&D budget for the longest time, now that Zen is doing well in the CPU space maybe they'll finally have some to spare to develop some competitive GPUs again.

Your damn right i hold a grudge against them. The anti competitive practices, proprietary standards, and not to mention the fact that it is they who are responsible for the current GPU prices.

Attached: 1456650219571.png (359x414, 150K)

2070 was much more expensive at launch than the 1 year old vega 64 and barely competes with it.
what's your point?

>super
literally there haven't been a single leak so far
no 3dmark
no gfxbench
no pcb leak
no Final Fantasy benchmark
no AotS benchmark
no leaker mentions it other than paki wcctftech

no such thing as super

Why is amd so shit?
Why are their products always faster, higher quality, cheaper and with better features? It's not fair, I like paying more for less.

Attached: aKCAW5x_d.jpg (640x647, 35K)

The idea that Nvidia need to sell at a lower price than Radeon is a laughable meme.

AMD can't make sales if it costs same as nvidia. They could do it 6 years ago. not now.

U r not smart

they sell slightly OCed current turing chips, it's not worth testing how minor this rebrand will be
all those more cores leaks are false.

it'll get better bros...

Attached: 1556999175342.jpg (653x726, 138K)

>what is goyworks
>what is goysync
>what is the RTX series being the same level of performance as last gen for $100 more

Attached: IMG_5306.jpg (288x214, 36K)

Runs hot and loud but I'd take their FOSS GNU/Linux drivers over the dumpster fire that is Nvidia proprietary drivers

Does nvidia happen to be cornering server cpu market right now?

i dont give a fuck about brand. is nvidia shit on linux? Im planning to dualboot beside windows for gayms.

In terms of FOSS support, Intel == AMD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> nvidia.

non-expert here, but AFAIU, AMD radeon cards have always been better for computing shit than nvidia GPUs, with the exception of ML stuff that uses 8 bit FP numbers, which are better in nvidia GPUs.

>Cheaper
>Faster
>Somehow still branded as dog shit
Gee fellas, why didn't AMD include the complimentary hand job this generation?

>570/580 does 1080p gaming at half the price of the competition
Smart people.

Radeon and Navi are better choices in their respective price range

7nm and still not efficient as 12nm nvidia's card do yes.

They have consoles and that is free money basically. Design once, accumulate royalties for nearly a decade.

As usual, AMD crime is not being Nvidia.

Vega 56 bros, RISE UP

GTX 1080 performance for $270

Attached: file.png (670x770, 47K)

now post anything but Bf1.

Attached: file.png (665x727, 50K)

Literally 18 frames lower, not even in the same tier.

Vega 56 is suppose to compete against the GTX 1070, which is priced at $450 on newegg

gsync was so goddamn important for me as it finally resolved the worst crux of PC gaming to ever exist

>either live with screen tearing or live with micro stuttering

This tech was a literal game changer and really, if you disagree with this either you're a poorfag that's contempt with lower spec hardware or your brain/eyes are shit cause you can't process fast enough the visual glitches in front of you

>"GTX 1080 performance"
>b-but it's actually supposed to compete with the 1070 haha

>may 2019 drivers
>full list of games: Ace Combat 7, Anno 1800, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Battlefield V, Civilization VI, Darksiders 3, Devil May Cry 5, Divinity Original Sin 2, F1 2018, Far Cry 5, Hitman 2, Metro Exodus, Monster Hunter World, Rage 2, Rainbow Six Siege, Sekiro, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of War, Strange Brigade, Witcher 3, and Wolfenstein 2.

Attached: relative-performance_2560-1440 (3).png (500x810, 47K)

Is gsync better than freesync?

>costs a lot more
Yes!

Are you blind? It's faster than the 1080 on that very chart (1080 is just below the Vega 56) It is indeed quite a bit slower than the 1080Ti, which you confused with the 1080 as being '18 fps slower', but it is quite a bit cheaper too.

I don't know because I have only tested with one GPU/Monitor setup. I'm sure freesync works the same but nothing from AMD will compete with the setup I had at the time.

With a 1440p 144Hz gsync monitor and a new GTX 1080 (at the year of release) you couldn't get any alternate that'd outperform this on a variety of different applications

>b-but pricing
What are you a goyim or something? Pathetic. Lern 2 shekel acquisition.

Attached: EE53D4A5-1691-42AD-91F9-9A1D62EDC306.jpg (985x768, 149K)

Look at the second chart again, retard.

Are you retarded?
You're looking at the Vega 64.
The 56 is behind on that very same chart you posted.

AMD/Radeon is and always will be the budget choice. There's no other reason you choose it.

If you have a big boy job you buy Intel/Nvidia because you want the best performance, and PC hardware relative to other hobbies is dirt fucking cheap.

This man speaks the ultimate truth

Nvidia is much better supported on Linux than AMD. Surprisingly, drivers for Intel graphics chips often work out of the box

>Nvidia is much better supported on Linux than AMD.
bull fucking shit. the nvidia driver is crap, and it'll break as soon as you update your kernel. also, it's not open source.

>open sores

I have a few of those on my penis right now. I can share them with you if you want

Hahaha ha... Ha...
Enjoy figuring out what went wrong with your blobs.

don't worry, freetards would love them.

>waaah, Nvidia gpus are too expensive, I want AMD to make Nvidia drop prices!
>Buys Nvidia at inflated prices anyway
This is the future you chose user. Should've heeded the warning that was the titan Z.

Attached: 70961501-2C6A-43D7-B10D-FDE64D202B7A.png (448x538, 16K)

plug and play gnu/linux experience

Retard

Not dogshit. Just overpriced and underwhelming at launch. Two years later they are great value (Sapphire Vega 56 owner).

Ay em dee BTFO

This man is lying. amd drivers are upstreamed and open source so it works literally everywhere with any linux kernel. It also supports wayland+legacy x11 gaming, unlike nvidia.

lol newfag

>the entire lineup of AMD products are trash because they can't compete with the $1200+ 2080Ti
You people have no idea what you're talking about, RTG is stupidly valuable for AMD. They and Intel have the potential to kill the discrete GPU market for 99.99% of users with their APUs.

Except no one says goyvidia has bad perfomance you retard, just that they are anti consumerist pieces of shit, which is true. Goyvidia fucked up monitor market for years, until they finally caved in last year and started supporting open standard which is freesync. They could have done this years ago but they would rather terrorize market if they can, than not.

The halo effect is very real and Nvidia relies on it.

Very true, but people with more a functioning brain know that releases mean fucking nothing and that all hardware should be seen as long-term products
This is where AMD always wins.

What does that mean?

F I N E W I N E

I don't care.

My product > your product

I hate to admit but i'm leaning towards getting one since i'm running Linux.

I'd get a vega 64.

Can you provide an actual fucking argument you retard?

So, what are your performance expectations for a Zen2 Navi/RDNA powered APU? Can't decide if i should be cautiously optimistic or just play it safe with "Pfft, there will probably be about 2% difference in performance"

You're product a shit. A SHIIIIT!

no wtf is rudan

Their 5700 beats the shit out of the 2070 while being $100 cheaper. Their 5800 and 5900 will own the 2080 and 2080TI. All for probably a full $3-400 cheaper.

That is such a bad shop that it looks like she is squeezing a block of foam.

does anyone here plan to buy the new cards i will just so i can use loonix with wayland a regret buying a rtx card

and everyone knows it too

Except it doesn't, it barely matches the 2070 in cherrypicked "official" benchmarks and doesn't offer any of the 2070's interesting features

>clearly faster with blower vs properly cooled in a big selection of games
>barely matches
Something is wrong here
>2070's interesting features
?

>le gay-tracing
>le gAI

>no raytracing
>no tensor cores
>no CUDA

You AMDrones always play fast and loose with numbers rounding them up and down on both ends to fit your narrative.

On AMD's own benchmarks it was on average like 5-10% faster, not beat the shit out of, and the MSRP is $449 compared to $499, nevermind the fact you can pick up 2070's much cheaper than $499 now.

>b-b-but the premium versions of the 2070 are more expensive

So will the aftermarket 5700XT's. You're gonna pay extra if you don't want that shit blower.

still better than nvidias shit drivers

>still better at all computing tasks

Except you can literally purchase today off of amazon brand new 2060 and 2070 that are cheaper then the msrp of this AMSHIT.

Except you can literally purchase today off of amazon brand new vega 56 and vega 64 that are cheaper then the msrp of this NVSHIT.

This. AMD played right into Nvidia's hands making it easy for them to counter with a minor price drop and a release of the new SUPER lineup. This isn't even a competition anymore and is kind of sad. At least their CPU division is able to stop the company from going under due to this incompetence.

>vega 56 and vega 64
Why would anyone buy a GPU that couldn't even beat last gens cards?

RTX =/= real ray tracing. Proper ray tracing is the real deal, RTX is not.

>2060 and 2070
Why would anyone buy a GPU that couldn't even beat last gens cards?

radeon can't into youtube hdr. not even the vii can play it properly. the rtx 2060 in my second rig has not problem playing it. laughable. the 2600k with rx 480 used between 70-90% with 4k/30, with the nvidia card more like 11-15% with the gpu taking most of the workload. fucking radeons.