Job

Was curious what Jow Forums works as
>Current job
Package handler at fedex
>How much do you make a year
$30k
>Country
USA

Just finished my bachelor's in EE, got no debts, so hopefully I'll find a new job soon.

Attached: 1560707075791.png (865x679, 692K)

>internet $20
not in the states, ze fuck are they on about

>current job
unemployed, msc in statistics
>make a year
>country
canada, trying to get hired in america because the statistics job market in canada sucks

> not in the states
Tax not included, sooo maybe he's not there.

>Current job
lol
>How much money
lol
>Country
USA

Just finished BS in Software Engineering. Got an interview tomorrow and next week.

>current job
unemployed
>make a year
>country
peru
you can't find a decent job here holy shit

>Current job
software engineer at google
$200k starting
>Country
usa

H1B, Asian, Poo?

Jr Sys Admin
$55k CAD
Canada

Entry level software developer
$60k
USA

>Cell phone $40
>Internet $20
>Donations??
Wtf is this shit

>donations
>good with money
>health insurance that high at a job that pays $100k
Not in the US, almost all well paying white collar jobs offer much better health insurance benefits than that unless you're at some tiny shithole or start up that actually doesn't pay well for the area, making this really deceptive, although the rent and transportation costs make me believe otherwise.

>groceries for one person $400 AND $250 in eating out
What the fuck? I about $250-300 and I shop at local "high-end" stores and eat out a few times a week.

>house cleaner
Uh-huh...

Those internet and cell phone prices also make no sense. This list has to be made up

>Donations: $615
Wat.

white american, but yeah ~70% of my coworkers are chinese/indian h1bs

>>Donations??
E-thots

not even joking

it was a huge meme from a while ago because it makes so little sense, the rent costs and donations were the most memed about at the time but also the fact that he didn't save anything and spent so much on food etc, I mean it's a huge meme

IT help desk monkey
CA $58k
Canada

>Current job
Unemployed
>Country
Germany

help, neet bux is too little. Just give me a job aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

>Current job
Unemployed
$5k from passive side projects
>Country
USA

I was employed for a while but quit because I didn't like spending all my time working and had plenty of money to coast on for a bit.

Mobile dev
$80k
USA

I should really move, I'm in a po dunk part of my state, could get up to 50% more by moving to the city like some of my colleagues did but I hate cities

>not donating 600 dollars to your favorite twitch thots every month

>40k usd
holy shit lol why does canada fucking suck so much

>current job
QA Dev
>pay
$55k
>country
USA
IMO Pretty good for my area considering I just graduated from college.

Junior embedded system programmer with C, C++
10k€
Eastern europe

How many years experience do you have?

>10k€
lol
>Eastern europe
LOL

>Current job
Programmer at shitty research centre
€16.5k, will be lucky if I get raised to 21k in a couple of months
>Country
Spain

Webshit developer
USA

You know that more than enough to have a lot of savings in Eastern Europe?

600 in donations, monthly? Not even the sjw faggots donate to their cuckold associations that amount.

donations? what is this is shit?

you make more than 10 times what I do.
Life is not fucking fair mate. I wanna die

sysadmin
around 21k euros
Romania

(which is more than enough for this shithole, congrats on your 10 gorillion per month muttfriends)

>data science autist for a big 3 consulting firm
>like $150k depending on bonus, could be making $200-500k in a few years
>usa
it's a great job but the hours fucking suck and my home life has taken a nose dive

>data science
>consulting firm
>only $150k
>no work life balance
yeah sounds fucking horrid 2bh

You don't donate to your favorite twitch streamers and patreon artists?

Including bodka and heroin?

Going on 4

I'm in a non-tech hub city with a lot lower cost of living and nice nature nearby so I like it, but yea I would earn a lot more in seattle and probably have an easier time of it

What the fuck is house cleaner going to do for 30 bucks a month?

open the door and close it

>Current job
Food waste collector
$23k
>Country
UK

Going off to uni to do EEE though.

can we cry together? I am
fucking shit countries :(

>Cali salary
>flyover state rent
Yeah that sure is legit.

>Current job
Front-end web developer
$50k
>Country
USA

I live in a medium sized major city on the west coast. I'm a little underpaid for a front end dev in this city (though I only have about 3 years xp), but I'm able to live in a nice small 1 bedroom apartment near downtown and get by financially without much stress. Though w/ the crazy rent prices I'm not able to save much at the end of each month. Will probably look for a better opportunity next year for a better salary.

>My advice to grads and jr. devs:
There is a surprisingly large amount of jr developers out there right now, trying to get their foot in the door. Make a good looking portfolio, write good code, and have a couple solid good projects on your github that you can show off. Just taking the time and care to do these things will EASILY put you a step above 75% of the other jr devs out there.

Attached: 1296254181088.gif (457x461, 67K)

>rent + donations + groceries + health insurance + eating out is less than my rent

>internet $20
>transportaion $130
>health insurance $270

lmao, boomers really are delusional

donations are for tax reduction

>My advice to grads and jr. devs:
if you want to make more than $50k, spend more time on leetcode, and get a job at a megacorp that doesn't care about your hobby projects

What companies actually test leetcode stuff?

>Current job
DevOps
$9.6k (10 months - still in uni)
>Country
Romania

O duci bine

these days almost every single job listing will require a hackerrank style coding test, I don't know the last time I didn't have to do one

>leetcode
laughing my fucking ass off. Are you a shareholder shilling, by any chance?

Microsoft and google (firsthand experience) so i don’t doubt that the majority of other giants do as well

>dataminer
Automation spark
Merkelstan

I hope you haven't been donating bruh

Donations are just not counted as taxable income, hence why it's deductible from your taxable income. You're still giving money away, so unless that donation is going to yourself it's a raw net loss, you lose money by giving it away, period. The government just can't tax you on top of the loss. There's no tax scheme where you can save money by giving it away unless you're a borderline fraudster funneling money back to yourself. The reason why rich people don't pay obscene taxes is because most of their yearly gains are capital gains, they don't have access to. They have to sell and then pay the capital gains taxes at exit to actually get that money, given capital gains taxes are lower than income but that's the benefit of being patient.

So if you make 80k and you give away 40k the government will treat your income as 80k-40k = 40k. You still lost 40k and now you're still getting taxed on your remaining 40k. You would have been way better of keeping all that money and paying 30% on taxes

>Current Job
Process Chemist - i do stuff for the engineers

>Salary
$72k/yr

>Country
USA

This job is in Cali. I'm taking a job out of state for $60k/yr but benefits are better and less travel for work.

So just big tech/FAANGs

nah tons of smaller companies use them as well

do people really check the code in your github, or just to see if you have stuff on there?
my github has tons of stuff on it but most of it is unordered uncommented scripts/half projects i wrote for myself. would you say an interviewer would be put off by it?

if you have anything at all you are ahead of nearly every applicant, as long as it's not actively terrible you're better off having it

>t. can't fizzbuzz on a whiteboard
all of the legit ones. if they don't do leetcode style interviews you'll end up working with a bunch of retards for sure.
startups too. your shitty .net crud app job in a flyover state might not.

B00dka is cheap as hell compared to the west. 20PLN for 0.5 of 40%alcohol is like idk 4-5 Euros

don't worry about your "portfolio", nobody has the time to look at it. just grind leetcode.

I interviewed for a lot of companies on the east coast and never seen a leetcode style test. Just normal paper tests and a lot of talking/discussion

>your shitty .net crud app job in a flyover state might not.
did you miss this part?

>NYC
>Jersey City
>Middlesex NJ
>Raleigh NC
>flyover

Are you retarded?

no, he is shilling his shitty startup.

what kind of shit companies did you interview for in NYC that you didn't have coding tests? I interviewed at maybe 10 places and all of them had coding tests.

the companies i interviewed at in nyc and boston did whiteboard coding loops. the rest of those cities are flyover shitholes indeed.

Most of them had coding tests you fucking peabrained subhuman I literally said so. They have for the past decade before leetcode was even popularized so I'm wondering who the fuck is giving out these apparently special leetcode tests that retards like you go around telling people to study leetcode

>donations
>$615
>excellent with money

they literally use leetcode questions. if you knew how to do every problem on leetcode you wouldn't be coping so hard.

All of it makes sense, Jow Forums doesn't get it cause it's full of loser neets.

He spends 33k a year probably saves that again after tax.
Rent and internet are perfectly reasonably/average, but of course incel freaks have to pretend it's impossible to live alone or get a house.
Donations perfectly reasonable cause the guy has more money than he knows what to do with and likely has a prestigious job he actually enjoys so won't want to retire soon. No point hoarding for literally no reason

So leetcode tests are literally just any sort of programming test. Wow, it's fucking nothing.

Jesus have companies become retarded in the past two years? When Cracking the Code Interview was popular they didn't just lift ideas straight from the book. What's the point if you can just memorize your way into a top tech company?

>a year
Stop jerking off to your nonexistent yearly wages idiots. You aren't paid annually.

Attached: 1500093805784.png (645x729, 70K)

lol

I’m and I make that in Georgia, where my 5000 ft^2 house costs me 1500/mo. You can’t get a broom closet for that in California.

It's the truth. Think the guy graduated from Princeton as well. He's successful to the point where life is basically a game and he doesn't have to try. Cope/have sex

holy shit.

So I have to spend 5 times longer vacuuming? No thanks.

>Rent and internet are perfectly reasonably/average
Are you retarded? I pay like $70 for the internet according to my triple play bill. And my rent is $1700. I'm not even in a peak tech area. I have a sibling in SF who pays close to $3000 for a single flat.

>literally just any sort of programming test
no, they're all heavily focused on problem solving using efficient data structures and algorithms.
>What's the point if you can just memorize your way into a top tech company?
most people are like you, they have shitty cynical attitudes towards the whole thing and don't even try, knowing they will likely fail and prove themselves wrong.

Annual is a better measure than monthly, since it includes holiday bonuses and other occasional sources of income.

at this point you sound bitter.

>current job
master diver
>how much do you make per year
depends each day of deployment is 12k i usually work like 40 days per year at best
>country
greece soon moving to south korea

>most people are like you, they have shitty cynical attitudes towards the whole thing and don't even try, knowing they will likely fail and prove themselves wrong.

Yea that's what I thought until now. Good to know. This entire time I thought leetcode was some sort of special meme where they blitz you with a series of tests in front of a computer and grade you against others like how those sites have leaderboards. I've literally had pajeets standing over me and grill the shit out of me in broken english while I filled out a sheet of paper trying to explain my reasoning for every single line of pseudo code. If it's just a normal white board then I think I can handle that I just need to study

Why do you post if you don't understand the conversation everyone is having

>pro diver
I hope you are saving user, you won't be diving past 40.
I assume you are diving 50-60m deep right?
Fucking brutal. Human bodies aren't made to withstand that pressure.

The guy lives in a shared house in Cambridge, MA. Absolutely reasonable price. All of it is on the article and guess what, all of it makes sense.

The guy was accusing it of being a joke when it's clearly explained in the article

as long as i keep a healthy diet and shit DAN can renew my shit till 50 years old

it depends on the ship and the condition maximum depth i ever went was 210 meters with an atmospheric one

LMAO, this cannot be real. Also, is "donations" code for hookers?

The joke is that he spends so much on useless shit like donations and is considered "excellent with money".

>donations is 1/4
Hahahahaha

i actually was bitter until i finally sucked it up, prepared for the interview dog and pony show, and landed a good job. i just don't like to see other people repeating my mistakes.
it's just a nice site because it profiles your code and shows you how it ranks against other people's answers, very useful. the questions are also better than hackerrank imo.

samefagging
saving? there is no possible way to spend all that money
i reckon that in my late 30s if i get jobs each year i will have almost 2 millions just from my job without investments
my mentor was working on costa concordia he made 13 fucking millions from literally only that deployment 35 days working there

That doesn't make sense at all. The guy has more money than he knows what to do with, he is playing life on free play. Donations don't count if your aim is to use your money efficiently Vs saving up as much as possible. Completely ancedotal but one of my housemates at uni lucked into 500k from BTC (and showed me it on this little stick), then gave it all away cause he was bored and wanted to do it again.

The article is boomer mom nonsense blown away by the notion that millennials have roommates. That budget is dumb as shit

>donations
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

its 4channel thats his right

Your housemate is an idiot with money just like the guy in the article. Yes, it might not matter, but that still doesn't change the fact that giving your money away is a dumb decision.