Allright Network Fa/g/s, since TCP/IP is very old and outdated by it's design...

Allright Network Fa/g/s, since TCP/IP is very old and outdated by it's design, there are probably shitload of tricks and interesting hacks with it's packets that many of us don't know. Post 'em.

Attached: 1560635912117.png (1200x911, 463K)

Other urls found in this thread:

faqs.org/rfcs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what is sek?

Attached: 1560616686839.jpg (1200x911, 86K)

Kek

Increase write and read buffer sizes in kernel using sysctl.

Enable jumbo frames if your router supports it.

If on WIFI, you can reduce latency by disabling RTS/CTS and using shorter IFS periods.

What are some books to help me learn about tcp/ip?

Attached: tcpip.jpg (427x500, 31K)

Computer Networks by Andrew Tanenbaum.
Network Congestion Control: managing internet traffic by Michael Welzl.
Beyond that, you need to read RFCs and academic publications

the bible (pic-related)

Attached: tpc-ip.jpg (1600x1195, 269K)

Yeah /b/ro there's this thing called the Low Orbit Ion Cannon that is totally awesomzorz! It firez a lazer at total noob serverz to make them epic fail! We use it for the lulz because /b/ does not forgive, /b/ does not forget. You should get it DESU!

Attached: lazersurgey~01.jpg (577x474, 74K)

>academic publications
No he wants the real engineering shit, not theory. gtfo

>No he wants the real engineering shit, not theory
Academic papers lead to new RFCs, which is "real engineering" retard. Every network protocol is literally based on academic research, all the pioneers in the field are academics and have published countless papers. How do you think standards on communication form in the first place? They don't just magically spawn out, people have to agree on what's the best way to do shit.

Thanks anons

How about you go be a nigger somewhere else?
>CCNA

>jpg

I don't want to get pwned by the banhammer.

Attached: mootpred.jpg (471x392, 30K)

dude it's a drawing, you can't get banned for that

>it's a drawing, you can't get banned for that
Yes, you can.

Attached: mods-are-gay-janny-is-a-fag.png (752x453, 130K)

Lol jumbo frames is a meme. probably your average home Ethernet card will suffer and drop frames under 9000mtu. What is the point anyway when whole internet is based around 1500mtu.

The point is to speed up file transfers on the local LAN.

Check out Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens as well

Also, the default IPv6 MTU is a lot higher.

I tried to connect to iSCSI drives with 9000mtu. Speed increase was like 0.5-1.5 mb/sec, maybe even less on gigabyte network. But that didn't matter because I got many dropped packets and consistency of speed varied a lot, so big file transfers always failed to me. Switching back to 1500mtu fixed that.

Cjdns

The bottleneck on iSCSI may be something entirely different though. It's a shitty protocol (and sadly NVMeoF is just iSCSI on steroids). Packets being dropped will of course have an higher impact when there's more data in them.

Increasing buffer sizes will probably have a better impact on throughput (but worse on latency).

faqs.org/rfcs/
You're welcome.

we won't report you so you won't get banned.

We've grown up. Now we install Kail and pretend that makes us smart because we spent a few minutes learning the different commands to DOS like a pro.

based

>nobody mentions QUIC
absolute state of Jow Forums

Christmas tree packets still fuck devices up.

>letting g*ogle now control transport protocols themselves
Genius.

>COMPLETE GTARDS ACTUALLY USE GIGABIT ETHERNET LANS WHEN THE INTERNET IS SLOWER THAN 100MBPS

>ROFEL COPTERS THE COMPLETE FUCKING BRAINLETS LUL LUL LMFAOSKIEZORZ BBQ WTF ZOMG :DDDD

I sure showed them :^)

>Enable jumbo frames if your router supports it.
come on that's just being mean

I almost meme'd myself into learning kali when looking for a first Linux distro to try out. Thankfully I didn't, besides the idiocy of choosing a distro based on Mr robot I'd surely fuck myself nine ways to Sunday by starting out in something where your only user option is root

pussy

Attached: Lis9qd4.gif (577x474, 1.15M)