He went to a coding bootcamp

>he went to a coding bootcamp

Attached: 1546355458633.gif (480x360, 1.69M)

Whadda bootlicker amirite?

>and got a well-paying job, a girlfriend and basically everything he wants in life

>t. Neet

>things that didnt happen

>girlfriends inherently make you happy meme
And no, only trannies and women get jobs with zero to little experience

That happened to me actually
I had coding experience before tho, that's the big thing about bootcamps, they're a great way for someone who has hobby experience to turn it into a professional skill, the people who saw an ad and thought making apps/websites would be fun are doomed to fail unless they take a college degree immediately after

I joined the coding boy scouts when I was 7 thank you.

then everyone clapped

So you're saying I should just go back to college after finishing it?

Please help.

Community college is fine.

>he did what took you 4 years to do in 1 and will make the same or more than you in less time.
CS degree is a meme

You are an idiot

hurts doesn't it?

I didn't take CS kiddo. Also, bootcamps don't last anywhere close to one year.

bawwwww

Attached: what.jpg (242x283, 17K)

Possibly if you got some dumbass meme degree. But look dude you probably have more practical technical competence than most of the idiots coming out of bootcamps based on the fact that you use Jow Forums/g/, not that that is in any way an indication of high technical competence. Just fucking pay attention, work on some hobby projects of your own, and you can easily get some webdev job if you can learn how to put tinker toys together

I've just started and I really enjoy this sort of thing.

What are the odds of someone learning part time self taught and getting a good job out of it? Do employers care about the degree or certs or do they just need a portfolio and for you to pass the fizzbuzz of the interview?

There's one near me. It's like $15k for an entire python and .net stack.

The problem is that there's a barrier between HR women and technical interviewers. The HR women want to see what's on paper, the technical interviewers are only concerned with your actual skill. One of the benefits of a good bootcamp is that they help networking to breach the HR crap. Your degree is purely HR crap but it doesn't hurt if you have it and will warrant a bump in pay grade but you still need to be able to show that you can actually create or contribute to something to have value.

What's it called?

This unironically happened to me, but not because of the bootcamp

At coding bootcamp, do they force you to choke yourself on the instructor's hand?

Had to.