Password storage

where do you guys store your passwords? I don't use password managers, except the built in browser ones, so basically I make sure I have 1 really strong password, and I don't really care for unimportant ones.

But it feels dumb to take a photo of my password, or to keep it in a txt file. Where the fuck do you guys save this? Is it just best to type it down on a piece of paper and place it somewhere you'll remember where it is?

Attached: 5_password-best-practices_unique-passwords_authentication-100768646-large.jpg (1200x800, 313K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@davis.a.brandon/bitwarden-doesnt-care-about-security-59e2ef87870a
link.medium.com/qum9GvOXzX
passwordstore.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

my brain

Get Bitwarden
>Reliable
>Robust
>FOSS
>Encrypted
>Free
>Platform agnostic
>Growing at a crazy rate

I've used the same password almost for everything since I was 12. I simply add bank after my password if it's my bank and email if it's my email

>Get Bitwarden
medium.com/@davis.a.brandon/bitwarden-doesnt-care-about-security-59e2ef87870a

utterly and completely based.

Keepass 4 lyfe

a plain txt file is enough

how safe can that be though?

hell yeah

you'd still need to write down somewhere your password to keepass, though. Where do you write that down?

“KeePassXC for Beginners” by Martin Shelton link.medium.com/qum9GvOXzX

In my brain, retard.

if your one password that gives access to every fucking password you have is weak enough that it can be remembered, then what is even the point of this whole exercise?

Crack it then

No, but I'm just saying, what's the point of it all?
You may as well not have a password manager, and just keep easy passwords.

Birchwood parchment with lemon ink

not him but my master password is a ~15 character string of random lowercase and uppercase letters as well as numbers and symbols that ive committed to memory. maybe im autistic or something but dont assume that if its committed to memory its easily crackable

keep in mind some managers allow 2FA as well, such as keepass's key file or anything that supports a security fob

good luck cracking anything without it

10.000 IQ

I went from having three passwords to 67 unique passwords.

Attached: keepassxc2.png (567x686, 88K)

passwordstore.org/
Just werks

>I’m not sure why people are still reading this. While “never” is still a dangerous option, the rest of the issues I raise here are mostly resolved.
Read before you share something.

Your brain is botnet spyware kiddo

I already said it before, if you need to remember one thing, it's not hard to make it difficult to crack yet memorable.
My keepass is a nonsensical sentence, 31 letters, with capitalization and numbers. It is pretty easy to remember and pretty fast to type.
I have my keepass databese on every device, on every cloud service, for easy access.

Keepass. It is the best, hands down.
Needs inbuilt SCP support, really. That's the only thing letting it down.

keepass on android/desktop with local file and sync to cloud backup. Sometimes I copy the file to 3rd location for extra redundancy. I dont think my cloud would lose or corrupt the file but just to be on the safe side.

Master password.
If something keylogs I am fucked. If something spies I am fucked. If someone sees me type it I am fucked. Is there a way to have 2 factor unlock for keepass?

>Is there a way to have 2 factor unlock for keepass?
You can use both password and key file to unlock I guess.

this

>CTRL+F
>No master password
check out how it works, it's absolutely based.

fpbp

based
I am afraid of carrying my gpg secret key on my phone though

The funny thing is that this would actually stop most haxors.

I use KeePass for most of my passwords. There are a few however, that I have in a notebook that I haven't stored on any password manager. If you want, you can print off a backup of your password manager database, and store it somewhere safe.

you can just have a long passphrase that you can remember easily, take a random sentence from The Odyssey by Homer, and memorize it - for example.

On my Google chrome

>I don't use password managers
that's your problem. keepass for the smart guys

author says Bitwarden is perfectly safe for firefox users. It was just a Chrome issue which has since been addressed\fixed.

I use a git to sync a pass repo.