IT degree

I fell for the meme. 22 going back for my bachelor's in IT and I have fuck all idea what I'm doing. What language do I start with?
Did I just fuck myself?

Attached: 1560472855442.png (893x680, 93K)

>bachelors in IT

just do computer science and stay true to the meme, user

The college is small and affordable they only have IT
I'll stick to the meme then
Any advice?

u start with the language they tell u to start with

> only have IT

WTF. This sounds really bad user.
College is a big investment, that can only pay off in certain circumstances. One of these must be true of you:
- you have nothing else going on in your life, and its exceptionally cheap, free, or your getting paid.
- The field you want to work in requires a specific degree as a credential
- You are exceptionally smart and curious. In this case your best bet is to get a liberal arts or general science degree

>liberal
fuck off this website

>a degree in IT
A whole degree?

snowflake

> he doesn't know what liberal arts are

"IT" degrees are generally reserved for people at unis who couldn't get in to the CS program at their uni. I'd recommend doing general education at a community college and then trying to get in to a CS program elsewhere.

CS degrees have a bunch of useless shit in them though. Literally half of the curriculum is math. College IT is the fastest and cheapest way to get into the field. Join the program, do 16 credits, join co-op and enjoy easy work experience. Then it's easy to land a job when you are done.

>getting a degree in IT
I make $21/hour doing entry level helpdesk with no degree. Just know your shit and start applying

Goto community college and knock out all your pre-reqs. After that, you'll have a pretty good idea of what you want to do.

What credentials do you have?

Have fun with no upward mobility

The guy I replaced was literally promoted up and he has less education than I do. Almost none of our senior guys have formal degrees.

Associates in arts

Hopefully they don’t get laid off

I'm a high school dropout with a dev job

>try harder

It's not a contest buddy I'm just pointing out that in IT your formal education means fuck all to anyone that isn't HR.

>your formal education means fuck all to the people who act as gatekeepers to the jobs
gr8 1 numbnuts

>language
>IT

Start with Hindi, then English.

>bachelor of arts with a major in software development

Attached: mOnvOJG.png (2271x2380, 298K)