/spg/ - Smartphone General

Hole Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-16_19-57-27.png (362x92, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Looking for a phone with
>Good battery
>Oled
>Less than $400
>Band 12
>Preferably a small bezel rather than a notch, but teardrop is fine

Anyone who would rather have a fucking notch or teardrop in the MIDDLE KF THE SCREEN is a fucking idiot piece of shit. The holepunch is still bad but way better than either of those things. It takes up less space and it's in a part of the phone where nothing is even used. You hardly notice it rather than a huge notch sticking down. So many brainlets on this site Jesus fucking christ

I unironically like the notch, fuck you nigger.

LG V30 or LG G7? From what I gather the battery is better in the V30 but the G7 has an 845 instead of an 835 and might get updates a couple months longer.

The only other device I was really looking at was the OP5t though I'm a little leery at buying a chinkphone, pic related

Attached: 1531359367966.jpg (640x623, 44K)

What's the widest phone that can work on Verizon. Currently I use a Mi Mix 1 and so far no other phone fits my needs but it already has a crack. I really hate the 19:9 ratio the extra length does nothing for reading books this is just over 3" wide and gsmarena search finds nothing as good

would replacing the digitizer fix this? it's not the phone lagging, it's the screen failing to register drags properly

Attached: look at the cursor.webm (1138x640, 2.8M)

I'm stuck deciding the same thing. I'm probably going to go with a v35 because it has OLED and an 845.

Does anyone know wether the v35 is a good buy, or could I get something else better for the price?

Softbricked my Oneplus 6, can't enter recovery, can't transfer files, can only enter fastboot. Not expecting help, what should I buy to replace it?

Oppo Reno 10x

Xperia 1

The only thing I read about v35 in comparison to v30 was that it for some odd reason had quite a bit worse battery. Doesn't make much sense because 845 is supposed to be more efficienty, but it wasn't just one place confirming this.

I'm gonna buy the Zenfone 6 6/128 and you're not stopping me!

Stop it, Samsung. You can't argue against symmetry. Notches were made to be blanked out and I'd rather have the camera and stuff in the middle rather than the right or left.

I'm strongly considering buying my GF a pixel 3a for her birthday because I can't find a better notchlesd OLED phone with that night photo mode that's a better value.

If I want to spend a few more bucks what could I get?

Mi 9 SE for 282$ or mi9t (non pro) for 339$ or mi9 for 376$?

Attached: .jpg (900x1200, 134K)

mi 9t if youre not in usa. otherwise get mi 9

> mi 9t if youre not in usa
Why?

Alright my autism caught something, Does anyone have a redmi note 7?

I inserted my sim card on pic related and its showing me on the "settings" that its working on Sim #2 and Sim #1 is blank. Is this correct? I am pretty sure on my Note 5 this is not the case

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x300, 14K)

Can someone rec me a secure smartwatch that isnt or can be un botnetted? Preferably able to do both iOS and android

Gonna buy a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 n9600 tomorrow. Is this the right choice.

Attached: IMG_20190506_195104.jpg (600x450, 27K)

Moto G7 Power or Xiaomi Redmi Note 7?
US, AT&T, if it makes a difference.

Attached: 509.png (1440x1080, 2.06M)

Sell me a phone, /spg/

What is the go to creepshot app these days?

Attached: 6nq35hjj83331.jpg (686x686, 44K)

So, I bought this.

Attached: IMG_20190617_182142.jpg (3120x4160, 2.62M)

you have freakishly big hands

WRONG

IT'S JUST A TINY PHONE HAHA

Attached: IMG_20190617_182114.jpg (4160x3120, 2.67M)

retard question, couldn't find simple answer

When does the 72h waiting period for unlocking a pocophone start? What do I need to do before waiting for 3 days?

I really wish xiaomi would release an 18:9 5.8_ note 7 style device. It would be like a xiaomi Galaxy s8. Please chinku-kames let this happen.

why would anyone produce something like this

sauce

Google is your fren but to humor you I'll tell you what steps I had to do.

Make a xiaomi account.
Link my device.
In my security settings add phone number to xiaomi account.
Wait 7 days
Unlock with older firmware because new firmware would give (wait 3 more days error)

Was worth it though, am running pixel experience on my redmeme note 7. Smoov as butter till linage goes official.

Attached: 720p-00h11m44s036t.png (1280x720, 927K)

I don't think either phone works in the US.

It's a K-Touch i9, and it has a tiny fucking screen that I can barely type on.

Attached: Screenshot_20190617-192631.png (340x800, 58K)

check the LTE bands

thanks, seems like battery is a pos

I only just got it, can't even use my old SIM card in it because it takes a regular sized one but my older phone was a microSIM. I'll find out on thursday if I can connect to Australian phone networks with it. Dunno about the battery though, supposedly it has a 2000 mAh capacity.

Other hardware specs, for those curious:
>CPU - MT6739CW, seems to be a quad core @ 1.5GHz
>RAM - 2 GB, currently idles at 950 MB free
>GPU - PowerVR Rogue GE8100
>SDD - 32 GB internal storage, 32 GB flash card, seems to communicate over USB-C at a pretty decent speed
>OS - Android 8.1.0

I'll probably do a full review of it for this thread and /csg/ in the near future, once I find out if it works with a SIM card.

Attached: Screenshot_20190617-193839[1].png (340x800, 39K)

How come my old Xperia Z1 took better pictures than the XZ and my current Max Pro M1 with gcam? It's quite the difference. Makes me wanna get the Pixel or something. Fuck

whats the best non-apple tablet you can buy?

I'm down to the V30 and the OP5t now. Seems like the only real differences are glass back vs not, official update speed and amount, camera, dac, ram.

I'm ready to flip a coin at this point. V30 is definitely a bit cheaper though especially since most used 5ts don't have the dash charger so that's an additional $15 cost

can someone explain why ipads are 300% cheaper than iphones even though they require more materials to manufacture and are more powerful

>can only enter fastboot
Doesn't that mean that it's fixable by flashing custom recovery image, and rom?

home vs /out/

It makes it easier to larp like giant.
>tiny phone
>tiny clothes that don't fit
>tiny coke bottles
>tiny house
Instant giant.

Anyone who wants a notch, teardrop, or hole punch on their display needs to be tossed off a cliff.

stop arguing about personal preferences you retarded virgins

Does the Pixel 4 look like it's gonna be worth it?

specs wise? yes
camera? pixel phones always had some of the best cameras in the game
design wise? fuck no, the phone looks unbalanced as fuck with the huge bezel on top. it's fucking ugly

>personal preference
I bet that the same tards that pretend that the notch, teardrop, and holes don't bother them would ironically go apeshit if they noticed a dead pixel on the screen, but would still defend the fucking obnoxious array of non existing pixels that the notch/tear drop/holepunch takes up.

how is that even relevant

>bezels bad

It looks gorgeous from the front, go fuck yourself honestly people like you need to be gassed.

Is there a non-root Youtube app that blocks ads but still tracks the progress of videos you watched and stopped half way through with the red bar in your subscription feed? Pretty sure dns blockers won't work for default Youtube app.

Dead pixels, and notches/holes are annoying.

dead pixels obscure the image being displayed
nothes don't

they are. they're so outdated. they just make the phone look like it's from 2015 or something.
it does not. there is no symmetry, no balance. because there's a massive fucking bezel on top but no bezel at the bottom
the galaxy s9 had bezels both on top and on bottom of the screen, that looked balanced and okay, even if bezels still look like shit in general

>bezel
wasnt pixel 4 design going for a holepunch?

Because hardly any major manufacturer makes small phones these days. It's a niche, but it's nice to have a smartphone that just drops into your pocket and you can forget it's there.

they released pics. it's gonna have a bezel. unfortunately

>bezel
Top bezels are better than a hole on the display in my opinion.
>wasnt pixel 4 design going for a holepunch
No clue. Google will find a way to fuck up the pixel 4 with, or without the holepunch.

>>Less than $400
3a or 3a XL for extreme battery life, I think bezels are perfect, but not sure if they're to your liking.

oneplus no questions.
unless you really need the wide angle camera and have 150Ohm earbuds or some stupid shit like that

>dead pixels obscure the image being displayed
nothes don't
*citation needed you dumb nigger.
Notches don't obscure the image when not in full screen mode.

>Notches don't obscure the image when not in full screen mode.
that's literally what i said dude

neither, get a Umidigi F1 Play

>wasnt pixel 4 design going for a holepunch?
nope, google had several different design teams which is why different designs were leaking.

the final product will have a square camera (EXACTLY like the leaked iphone) and a forehead (large bezel on top, none at bottom.)

I swear all of googles design teams are fucking autists.

WTF you're worse than Xiaomi shills

how? by giving a lower prices alternative phone for burgers that can't have a Redmi Note 7 because they don't support burger LTE? fuck off

No you fuck off fucking shill

>being this mad at bringing up an affordable good performing phone
I only bring this phone up maybe twice in a thread, compared to how many people shill xiaomi? seriously, fuck off and tell your bosses to slit their wrists

>getting noname chinkshit phones that not even chinks have ever heard about
i really hope you guys don't do this

ZOOMER

The forehead houses like 5 cameras, it's not wasted space.

You fuck off fucking shill

here's your pixel 4 final design bro :)
sauce: my dad works for google

Attached: pixel4design-final.png (276x538, 29K)

nah the bottom china's too small

fucking chin not china wtf

ohshi I forgot to put the final-finaldesign
they made the chin slightly smaller than the forehead just because :^)
also theres a home/finger reader

Attached: pixel4design-final-final.png (225x536, 26K)

is there a FOSS way to remotely localize an android phone?

Attached: image_0.jpg (2000x1125, 227K)

Why didn't you get the i10 ?
Did you instal Playstore or can you install apk ?
what about botnet ?

Should I buy a MI9t for 350 European dollars?

I've decided I'm going to finally buy the pixel 3a. Where's the best place to buy it currently?

Really? V30 has better specs across the board for less money. Sell me on the OnePlus being worth making compromises on camera, lack of SD slot, and audio quality.

You, or user claimed that notches don't obscure images when they actually do.
There should be an image where the notch is, and watching videos, or viewing content introduces 4 huge pseudo bezels when shrinking the content in order to circumvent the notch being there.
Notches are fucking gay, and so are you.
The Taliban should chuck you off of a cliff.

But I can't transfer any files into it. Even when using the correct drivers and adb. As far as I know I'd have to transfer the zip to the phone, then activate it on my PC with the img.

Looks like there's a fix on the one plus forums.

*EHEM*
Fuck slabshit
Fuck chink slabshit
Fuck notchshit
and most importantly
Fuck non-tactile input methods
>inb4 muh speed
>inb4 muh 8k display

Attached: Fxtec-Pro-1-angle-view-open.jpg (1920x1080, 263K)

>sd835
>$650
Lul

>muh speed

>blackberry key2 release price: $649
>SD660
OH NO NO NO NO NO

>Muh $650 for old hardware
>costs more than most sd855 phones
Just buy it goyims.

>blackberry key2
If you have baby hands maybe.

For me its the Gemini PDA.

Attached: SailfishOS.png (1512x970, 1.91M)

>Look this piece of shit is also overpriced
You're point exactly?

THIS
and it's cheaper, found a retailer selling Gemini PDAs for $300

Is there? Everything I can find either needs you to be able to transfer files onto it or enter recovery.

>Helio X27
>500 bong money
>can't even use with keyboard closed

It's competitively priced as far as keyboard phones are concerned

Looks like there was a fix in a thread with similar issues, but I don't have your phone to confirm.

>It's competitively priced as far as keyboard phones are concerned
You mean that it's compatible priced against a brand of phones that have not been competitive?

Attached: 0tsydt6jq8u21.png (1000x808, 404K)

>500 britbongs
not quite, pic related
>can't even use with keyboard closed
that's the only downside really
>Helio X27
and? you can install Sailfish OS on it as well as Linux, name a Snapdragon device that lets you install sailfish AND Linux

Attached: Screenshot_Brave_20190612-223541.png (1080x2160, 946K)