Hey Jow Forums, I got a new I-Pod

Hey Jow Forums, I got a new I-Pod

Attached: image.jpg (2806x2806, 3.22M)

Back to your containment board.

Attached: 1555633855547.png (400x1650, 367K)

I hear they somehow managed to cram an entire 5GB spinning disk drive inside of this, and it’ll fit in your pocket!

Attached: image.jpg (1366x1366, 1.12M)

>>>/reddit/

What are you going to do with this historical artifact?

Apple belongs to Jow Forums

i wanna get an emac, they look really cool

Attached: emac-287560.png (1024x672, 389K)

It's so weird that certain retards covet technology that I bought and used when new and threw away when it became outdated and useless. I think I still have my mini around here somewhere...

07 iMac

Attached: Apple-iMac-2007_0_0.jpg (709x510, 76K)

It actually hasn’t even been used yet. The box wasn’t sealed anymore but it’s still in the protective wrapper.

Attached: image.jpg (1366x1366, 1.27M)

I don’t covet technology, I just wanted an iPod with a spinning wheel that wasn’t already scratched to shit by some other troglodyte. I’m planning to put a 40GB HDD in this and use it.

Attached: image.jpg (1366x1366, 1.25M)

The only wired thing is the feeling of envy you have because you didn't keep yours pristine with its original bundle meaning you won't be able to sell it.

Shit I need to get a stand for mine, that looks great

thicc

>hasn't been used
>clearly scuffed back plate
kek you got ripped off faggot

Do you have any idea how fucking stupid that is? Consumer goods are not an investment.

Attached: you are stupid.png (967x370, 52K)

I took the picture after I’d already slid it out of the plastic seal, I wiped it and put it back in and took the picture. Why you mad tho?

Pic related is before I actually opened it.

Attached: image.jpg (1366x1366, 994K)

>Don't steal music.

Attached: annoyed.jpg (378x378, 31K)

>40GB HDD
>not an SSD or flash memory

fail

Attached: 1440206426058.png (540x721, 243K)

>I’m planning to put a 40GB HDD in this and use it.
Are you gonna use one of those conversion kits?

damage control. I hope you didn't pay more than $10 for that used piece of shit

FireWire iPods can’t use flash memory, there’s some issue with the firewire connection. Even the later iPods that support USB+Firewire lose firewire support after you upgrade to flash. The first gen iPod supports single-platter 1.8” hard drives, of which 40GB is the biggest you can get.

No, just buy a Toshiba hard drive online and drop it in. It’s pretty simple, I’ve done it with a fourth gen iPod before.

Also, it took a shitload of adapters to connect it to my computer, but iTunes still supports it (the first time I’ve seen an advantage for iTunes being a bloated piece of shit before)

Attached: image.jpg (732x1366, 836K)

>hahaha I posted wojack, this will teach the cucks

Yeah, evidently it worked with you.

refer to

i'll trade you your emac for my emac stand

>I just wanted an iPod with a spinning wheel that wasn’t already scratched to shit by some other troglodyte
You know the 5.5 gen iPods are much more responsive, sounds better, plentiful, and EASY AS FUCK to buy cheap new housings for (ie no scratches or dings) as well as upgrading the battery and upgrading to flash storage / SD cards.
Fucked up OP.

Even if it's never been used wouldn't the battery likely still need replacing?
Either way that's real nice OP i already have two ipods but would love one of the older monochrome ones just so I could mod it.

Attached: Ipod Gen4 Classic with Orange backlight mod2.jpg (646x768, 241K)

godspeed bro.

>Don't steal music
well what did i buy an iPod for, then?
you think i didn't buy a VHS recorder to steal tv shows, too?

>p-please don't steal music
heh, put that sticker on a seedbox user

This thing unsealed costs around tens of thousands dollars right now and some collectors fags are still buyung those.

Sure, I even have a 5.5G I added an extended battery and 512GB of flash memory. I just wanted a first gen iPod with the physical spinning disc, even though it’s bigger and impractical. I’m not going to be replacing this as my dedicated music player.

Thanks. Yeah, after 20 years of disuse, the battery is totally shot. Lithium polymer batteries degrade when they’re left at 0%, and this has probably been at 0% for 16-17 years (at least). But I got a new battery for it already (coming in the mail) for like $15 so it’s no big deal.
I like my iPod video, but the mono screens really are nice. The first gen ipod backlight really is pretty ugly though, it’s yellow, not blueish white like the later ones.

Heh good idea. I’m keeping that plastic label for sure.

Attached: image.jpg (1125x1465, 1.17M)

If you do you might need to drill a hole into the base to access one of the screws to put it in if you don't have the official tools.
Do you use your emac for anything or just collecting PPC? I love the aesthetic of G3 and G4s but I can't find a use for any of them.

Are you going to keep that pretty much stock, aside from the hard drive?

It's so weird that certain retards covet technology that I bought and used when new and threw away when it became outdated and useless. I think I still have my mini around here somewhere...

Yeah, I’m not going to do any serious mods to it. I’m just being a nostalgic fag over my first HDD-based MP3 player (the one I had before was 32MB and barely smaller than a CD player). I’m debating getting some TPU sheeting to cut down and protect it from scratches, or just enjoy it how it is and let it scratch.

>don't steal music
aww~

Tactile user interfaces were not a fad. Current touchscreens will seem laughably outdated the very millisecond tactile touchscreens are economically viable.
The only outwardly-obsolete part of the og ipod is the screen. Audio tech moves so glacially slow that the sound quality is still fine. The wheel is, functionally, state-of-the-art.

Attached: albert.jpg (535x298, 68K)

>Audio tech moves so glacially slow that the sound quality is still fine.
well yea, because the iPod was made at a time when DACs had just been basically perfected
there's basically nothing left to do with them

>p-please don't steal music
heh, put that sticker on a seedbox user

Even if it's never been used wouldn't the battery likely still need replacing?
Either way that's real nice OP i already have two ipods but would love one of the older monochrome ones just so I could mod it.

What?

Zune > iPad

I love how Apple just completely forgot about the Click Wheel even though Steve made a big deal out of it, calling it the revolutionary design that made the iPod a hit, at his iPhone keynote
....I miss Steve. Fuck Jony

Yeah, evidently it worked with you.

>hasn't been used
>clearly scuffed back plate
kek you got ripped off faggot

It actually hasn’t even been used yet. The box wasn’t sealed anymore but it’s still in the protective wrapper.

not op

wtf is this weird spam?

I never was a big Apple fan, and used to think Jobs was a complete hack, but christ, watching what’s happened since he died made me realise he really was the soul of the company.
I didn’t like Apple before, but I hate what it’s become today.

You expose yourself every time you post this, winjeet.

Attached: wintoddlers.jpg (355x1280, 48K)

Some toddler got put in his place in a retro tech thread like four years ago and he’s still throwing a piss baby tantrum over it. He used to just post scat and wojaks, now he’s trying something different that’s annoying but pretty easy to filter if it bothers you. Keeps the thread bumped, too.

this dont work with itune no more. no way to fit music in. i dont understand the buy user but whatev float ur boat. xx love

Thanks user.
>this dont work with itune no more
But believe it or not, that’s where you’re wrong. It connects, I can even update it. I added some music to it today.

Attached: image.jpg (1597x379, 141K)

Woah ! was sure itune stop working for product under ios 5 and under. awesome to know

eMacs and iMacs make cozy development shitboxes. Easy as fuck to find stuff to mess with on the Macintosh Garden then you can just SSH into everything else. I like using my older G3/G4 systems for testing my webshit on ancient browsers.

I’ve been wanting to get a G4 machine to install OS9 on again. Not sure why, it just feels comfy. That series of machines felt fun and playful but still industrial as fuck.

this dont work with itune no more. no way to fit music in. i dont understand the buy user but whatev float ur boat. xx love

More like iPods belong on /mu/.

I never was a big Apple fan, and used to think Jobs was a complete hack, but christ, watching what’s happened since he died made me realise he really was the soul of the company.
I didn’t like Apple before, but I hate what it’s become today.

Um... To rip all of the CDs you bought? And any you don't have you buy on the iTunes Store?

Yeah, I’m not going to do any serious mods to it. I’m just being a nostalgic fag over my first HDD-based MP3 player (the one I had before was 32MB and barely smaller than a CD player). I’m debating getting some TPU sheeting to cut down and protect it from scratches, or just enjoy it how it is and let it scratch.

cope more, winjeet

Ipod gang reporting in

Attached: _IMG_000000_000000.jpg (1169x1832, 172K)

cope more, winjeet

WHAT AF FUCKING FAGGOT LOOSER.

i owned all the the ipods when they are were new a decade ago ... whatever you paid for that that you can get a a fucking 5,6mhz DSD DAP with a 256gb micro SD card....

just KYS zoomer...

Attached: IMG_7876.jpg (3264x2448, 1.93M)

>imagine being this impressed with yourself that you find any reason at all to mention your purchases

Are you angry dude?

>dont steal music

my sides

thats is so fucking quaint and early 2000s.

remember when the biggest thing we were worried about was the riaa and net neutrality etc.

now we have a commie infestation destroying the fabric of society and shit like that to fret about.

Install emacs

pretty cool. makes me realize how much ancient old new stock electronics there must be still

Those headphones look super gay. Really. Like some sort of gay bondage choker shit.

Lmao where do you even get dsd music

Yeah, I can’t imagine how many new boxes of old electronics are sitting in the backs of warehouses before they get put up for lot auctions.

cool. I bought these when they were new too, and later upgraded to a modern DAP before I realised I didn’t want chinkshit with an awful interface. what the fuck even is that 5-button mess? the UI is even trying to copy the ipod.
enjoy your dsd meme though. make sure you route your audio through another dac headphone amp so you don’t miss out on any the bits :^)

Attached: ZomboMeme 17062019165053.jpg (1094x877, 184K)

I'm thinking of buying an iPod. Can they play flacs, and are the DACs any decent?

Ripping sacds, and maybe DVD, and bd audio discs.

can you put rockbox on there?

you you know if its possible to fit the 5g internals inside the 6g housing, i prefer the look of it

Nice what theme is that?

Attached: IMG_20190615_132129.jpg (2320x1740, 449K)

As long as you get a gen 4 or 5, the DACs are pretty good. Gen 6 isn’t very good, but gen 7 (the thin 160GB) was pretty good too. I think the gen 3 sounds fine too, not as clear as the 5th gen, but I always liked it when I had one, even with high end IEMs.
They can play FLAC if you put rockbox (custom firmware) on them, but you can also use ALAC, Apple Lossless, natively with the iPod. It’s the same as FLAC, just a different codec.

Yeah rockbox supports the first gen ipod! I might have to try it out.

Yep, they fit. Good taste user.

god back when apple had design style

>use FLAC or ALAC on a 40GB device with no quick way to swap out the storage.
haha what

"look at me i'm even stupider than an applefag",
the post

I own 2 160GB iPod Classics (one is has Rockbox) and they are shit. Literal garbage, they should all be thrown into the trash.
Just get a modern Walkman.

Attached: journalism.jpg (1080x675, 130K)

>no way to swap out storage
I honestly thought that you can swap out the storage.

haha this pleb’s never heard of replacing the hard drive with SD cards
Seriously, check it out, it’s pretty easy to do and then you can easily have 256GB+ storage, with faster load times.

I have a Walkman, I also have a Shanling. They’re both pretty shit, user. I’m happy using an iPod again, why do you hate them so much?

Not him, but why are those all lined up perfectly? I know S&P is a conglomerate of 500 companies but thats all i know. Do these 3 entities just grow with the economy or something?

>caught, and hauled back to the store
Isn't that illegal, and I doubt that any of the faggots that work at an apple store would physically be able to run after someone, stop them, and then carry them back anywhere.

>why do you hate them so much?

Why would anyone like them?

>then the whole apple store clapped as the thief got taken away

>eplacing the hard drive with SD cards
then firewire stops working and the only way you can load media is with cfw and taking the sd card out and into a reader

apple stores were different back in 2003. Fuck, the whole tech scene was different then.