/cyb/ + /sec/ - CYBERPUNK/CYBERSECURITY GENERAL

Previous threads: [ archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text//cyb/ /sec//type/op/ ]
THE CYPHERPUNK MANIFESTO: [ activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html ]
Last thread: [ ]
- - - - - -

/cyb/erpunk [16 June 2019]
The Cyberpunk Manifesto: [ project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/cyberpunk_manifesto.html ]

The alt.cyberpunk FAQ (V5.24) [ ftp://50.31.112.231/pub/Alt_Cyberpunk_FAQ_V5_preview25.htm ]
What is cyberpunk?: [ pastebin.com/pmn9vzWZ ]

Cyberpunk directory (Communities/IRC and other resources): [ pastebin.com/AJYry5NH ]
Cyberpunk media (Recommended cyberpunk fiction): [ pastebin.com/Dqfa6uXx ]

The cyberdeck: [ pastebin.com/7fE4BVBg ]

- - - - - -

/sec/urity [16 June 2019]
The Crypto Anarchist Manifesto: [ activism.net/cypherpunk/crypto-anarchy.html ]
The Hacker Manifesto: [ phrack.org/issues/7/3.html ]
The Guerilla Open Access Manifesto: [ archive.org/stream/GuerillaOpenAccessManifesto/Goamjuly2008_djvu.txt ]

The /sec/ Career FAQ (V1.9) [ ftp://50.31.112.231/pub/sec_FAQ_V1_Preview10.htm ]

Why Privacy Matters: [ youtube.com/watch?v=pcSlowAhvUk ]
"Shit just got real": [ pastebin.com/rqrLK6X0 ]

Cybersecurity basics and armory: [ pastebin.com/rMw4WbhX ]
Endware: [ endchan.xyz/os/res/32.html ]
BBS archives: [ textfiles.com/index.html ]

Reference books (PW: ABD52oM8T1fghmY0): [ mega.nz/#F!YigVhZCZ!RznVxTiA0iN-N6Ps01pEJw ]
Learning/News/CTFs: [ pastebin.com/WQhRYB59 ]

FTP Backup: ftp://50.31.112.231/pub
OP Post: [ pastebin.com/94gJzgk5 ]
#! sec guide [ pastebin.com/tUvq8Jzj ]
EFF anti-surveillance [ ssd.eff.org/en ]

- - - - - -

cybereason.com/blog/new-pervasive-worm-exploiting-linux-exim-server-vulnerability

Exim considered harmful.

Attached: 190510-oconnor-spy-museum-tease_bjgu6g.jpg (1362x766, 213K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/raw/aPr5R1pj
google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://beej.us/guide/bgnet/pdf/bgnet_A4.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiQ1O-28O_iAhXDmq0KHZZDBmIQFjAIegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw17L1auTdVCS4kaEvkBGbyQ
gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html
libreboot.org/faq.html#what-other-firmware-exists-outside-of-libreboot
bbc.com/news/newsbeat-48594971
science.slashdot.org/story/19/06/16/2334222/upgrade-your-memory-with-a-surgically-implanted-brain-chip
youtu.be/PBRnYWmfuYg?t=1992
bbc.com/news/technology-48664251
unix.stackexchange.com/questions/74809/is-it-possible-to-hide-an-account-from-etc-passwd
wired.com/story/cellebrite-ufed-ios-12-iphone-hack-android/
darpa.mil/program/active-social-engineering-defense
dirkjanm.io/exploiting-CVE-2019-1040-relay-vulnerabilities-for-rce-and-domain-admin/
web.archive.org/web/20190617204518/https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/multiple-linux-and-freebsd-dos-vulnerabilities-found-by-netflix/
pastebin.com/tUvq8Jzj
github.com/mayfrost/guides/blob/master/CHECKLIST.md
hastebin.com/qamiyawiwo.nginx
pastebin.com/v8Mr2k95
palined.com/search/
filechef.com
cgs.the-eye.eu/
filepursuit.com/
mmnt.net/
searchftps.net/
libgen.io/
libgen.me/
archive.is/Qy0NF#selection-2251.51-10633.88
amanhardikar.com/mindmaps.html#
amanhardikar.com/mindmaps/Cryptography.html
amanhardikar.com/mindmaps/Cryptography.png
amanhardikar.com/mindmaps/ForensicChallenges.html
amanhardikar.com/mindmaps/ForensicChallenges.png
amanhardikar.com/mindmaps/Forensics.html
amanhardikar.com/mindmaps/SecurityTests.html
amanhardikar.com/mindmaps/SecurityTests.png
amanhardikar.com/mindmaps/virus-classification.html
amanhardikar.com/mindmaps/webapptest.html
amanhardikar.com/mindmaps/webapptest.png
amanhardikar.com/mindmaps/worm-classification.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

where is this guide

Good work, OP. Last one ended too early.

pastebin.com/raw/aPr5R1pj

Hey, I was redirected here..
FreeBSD vs GNU/Linux
best for laptops?
best for desktops?
best for routers?

And are there any guides on going full free software? I want to liberate everything, not just my browser, OS, and PC firmware.

Attached: free-software-foundation.png (340x225, 63K)

I got some free eff stickers on my laptop and I feel like a poser

How can I fight gov. Censorship and help eff

>pastebin.com/raw/aPr5R1pj
Feels like a lot of hyperlinks were lost in translation.

yeah, someday i'll retire for a day or two to rewrite that in latex

Anyone have something like this but for ipv4 NAT?

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://beej.us/guide/bgnet/pdf/bgnet_A4.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiQ1O-28O_iAhXDmq0KHZZDBmIQFjAIegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw17L1auTdVCS4kaEvkBGbyQ

Attached: 1559738870442.jpg (1120x1525, 1.09M)

Why not HTML? Just reuse the framework of the /cyb/ FAQ. That is how the /sec/ FAQ and the /ham/ FAQ were made.

>get a ThinkPad X200
>flash libreboot
>install a distro from gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html
You can add to the list to buy a libre router, oh and don't forget to ditch your smartphone
Keep this in mind, though: libreboot.org/faq.html#what-other-firmware-exists-outside-of-libreboot

this is as free as you'll get

=== /cyb/ News:
Cyber fashion is always a topic and illustratyions suggest garish colours in neon lit rain. Neon is dead, LED is here. And now neon lives on ... in clothing:
bbc.com/news/newsbeat-48594971
>Fluorescent clothes and accessories were popular on a number of designer catwalks this year - think Gucci, Versace, Prada - and, unsurprisingly, it's a trend that headed straight for the high street.

Will high street also embrace Cyberpunk?

Farmingdale.edu/academics/curriculum/bs-computer-security-technology

Rate my current Uni program.

What electives should I take? I need one 100-200 level and 2x level 300-400. (Bottom of page)

I'm particularly interested in "CRJ217 - Computer Forensics II" for the Level 100-200. Either that, or perhaps the "Intro to AI and Robotics" class.

For the higher level, I'm interested in "CPS461 - Penetration Testing" and "CPS463 - Distributed Systems and Security".

At last some news on military cyberpunk tech:
=== /cyb/ News:
>Upgrade Your Memory With A Surgically Implanted Brain Chip (bnnbloomberg.ca)
science.slashdot.org/story/19/06/16/2334222/upgrade-your-memory-with-a-surgically-implanted-brain-chip
>Bloomberg reports on a five-year, $77 million project by America's Department of Defense to create an implantable brain device that restores memory-generation capacity for people with traumatic brain injuries.
>In two separate studies, researchers found the prototype consistently boosted memory 15 per cent to 18 per cent. The second group performing human testing, a team from Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem, N.C., aided by colleagues at the University of Southern California, has a more finely tuned method. In a study published last year, their patients showed memory retention improvement of as much as 37 per cent. "We're looking at questions like, 'Where are my keys? Where did I park the car? Have I taken my pills?'â" says Robert Hampson, lead author of the 2018 study...

Pulse seen on news:alt.cyberpunk, after 6 months inactivity. I guess Jow Forums is where /cyb/ is at these days.

OK; so what are the chances? From Slashdot headlines:

>America Planted Malware In Russia's Power Grid, Says NYT (cnet.com)
and
>Massive Electrical Failure Cuts Power To Nearly All Of Argentina On Election Day -- and Uruguay (bbc.com)

Well, ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/ is down, anyone got a good server to put to use?

Why is linux recommended for pentesting? I get it's more secure overall compared to Windows.
But what particularly makes it better? I imagine there are more tools written in Linux and since a lot of servers are Linux based, that has something to do with it. But ultimately, since most computers in general run Windows (outside of backend stuff), wouldn't it make sense to use Windows?

Also with writing malware, I'm guessing the majority of it is aimed at Windows. Which raises another question: it's written in Linux and tested with a VM of Windows?

and what about FreeBSD? What does G/L have that FreeBSD doesn't, bc I'm currently sold on FreeBSD with poudriere and the way it manages applications.

With source available you can be more certain about what is going on in the system. Windows gives you less control.

You're talking about being able to see the full logs, I get that.

But that doesn't make sense to me if most malware is aimed at Windows, you'd still be fighting against the fact Windows hides things when you're testing it in a VM or on a live machine

Anyone else familiar with this term?
#
>Cybervictorian

If the task is to make a virus or trojan, it makes sense to use the same platform as the target. Some pentesting is platform independent, such as zip bombs, network stack saturation, XSS etc. In those cases Linux makes sense.

>What does G/L have that FreeBSD doesn't
a community

jokes aside it doesn't really matter just use what you find most comfortable

youtu.be/PBRnYWmfuYg?t=1992
>couldn't disclose the password if i wanted to
What method is he referring to here?

Ugh... Just wait til the advent of the Ad Supported hospital. Can't pay for having your child C-sectioned? We'll just implant this little memory chip to make sure they remember to be good little brand loyal consumers for our customers.

Cross board discussion that might be of interest: >>>co/108211288

=== /sec/ News:
You just couldn't make this up:
>Samsung TVs should be regularly virus-checked, the company says
bbc.com/news/technology-48664251
At least they are honest.
>It suggested users should carry out the process "every few weeks" to "prevent malicious software attacks".
Very honest.

Hello /sec/. Is there a way to hide a logonable user on linux? I mean a logonable user not shown in /etc/passwd.

of course they've prepped the battlefield and are operational. the scary thing is how many american power companies have they hacked? never know when you'll have to knock out your own grid.

It is safe to assume most complex chips have been compromised. Also systems like hard disks have typically 3 controllers, all of which can carry a payload with a backdoor. Also flash memory (disk or USB memory) also have micro controllers that can be rigged.

dude...he's just saying he doesn't know it!..ignorance is bliss...

unix.stackexchange.com/questions/74809/is-it-possible-to-hide-an-account-from-etc-passwd

Something about /etc/nsswitch.conf and other databases of users like Berkeley DB NSS module or LDAP. You could always code up a rootkit that gives you custom shell access then implement your own password scheme.

Interesting then, in view of this, that Google has made its own networking processor (Lanai) and they are not selling it. Strange, don't you think?

Attached: calling_the_police_by_sedorrr_dcfno9s.jpg (3000x1688, 2.57M)

freeBSD sucks, has terrible support, nothing works right, and it isn't even really a true free license

it's literally the worst of all possible os choices. linux and windows are basically free and do everything.

wired.com/story/cellebrite-ufed-ios-12-iphone-hack-android/
>On Friday afternoon, the Israeli forensics firm and law enforcement contractor Cellebrite publicly announced a new version of its product known as a Universal Forensic Extraction Device or UFED, one that it's calling UFED Premium. In marketing that update, it says that the tool can now unlock any iOS device cops can lay their hands on, including those running iOS 12.3, released just a month ago. Cellebrite claims UFED Premium can extract files from many recent Android phones as well, including the Samsung Galaxy S9. No other law enforcement contractor has made such broad claims about a single product, at least not publicly. The move signals not only another step in the cat and mouse game between smartphone makers and the government-sponsored firms that seek to defeat their security, but also a more unabashedly public phase of that security face-off.

IS NOTHING SACRED IT'S ALMOST AS IF EVERYTHING HAS BUGS AND $2 MILLION ISN'T MUCH COMPARED TO WHAT ALL THOSE SECURITY SERVICES WILL PAY

As long as I only want the websites I visit not to see my real ip, does it matter if I have DNS leaks?

As I understand it dns leaks just means that the dns servers will see which websites I have visited.

DCPU-16 must be made into silicon and have 9front ported to it. It is our last, best hope.

Attached: cyberfunk_haka__by_hybridgothica_d82kzzn-fullview.jpg (900x590, 127K)

Ty. Its true, you could have a service to manage the system like LDAP.

I'm writing a script to list logonable users on a Unix system, I'll list services running and try to analyze known config files.

darpa.mil/program/active-social-engineering-defense

So now all the trolls can get paid!

>page 10
seems like I got home just in time
bump

>windows
>free
How's that crack addiction treating you lately?

Can the linux discord app see your real ip if you're running a vpn?

What did CD Projekt Red mean by this?

Attached: FA4BEEBC-E30E-445D-B059-AA3FD0BBAD56.png (311x700, 464K)

who cares about cyberpunk? why are you combining that dumb shit with an actual subject worth discussing, cybersecurity, into a general?

Why are you such a newfag? This thread's been going for years, in some form or another.

Does full disk encryption actually work?

Don't be stupid. You know what's gonna happen to you and you do it anyway.

How so? It encrypts your data at rest, that's it.

>old good
fuck off faggot

where the fuck in /hmg/ ?

Thanks. The Euro-night is always a hazard.

>who cares about cyberpunk?
You did. Otherwise you would not have written this.

most tools for pentesting are made for linux. there is no other reason, really.

dirkjanm.io/exploiting-CVE-2019-1040-relay-vulnerabilities-for-rce-and-domain-admin/

wonder if they are somehow related to VUPEN, or if they buy their 0days directly from people?

OTP

web.archive.org/web/20190617204518/https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/multiple-linux-and-freebsd-dos-vulnerabilities-found-by-netflix/

Attached: FB_IMG_1450397100655.jpg (1280x960, 65K)

if the dns server logs queries then there's an audit trail. just use a HOSTS file and where you're going you won't need DNS.

who knows? they might have in house talent or connections to israeli government. if the product works then no one cares where it came from. would be kinda funny if they bought 0day from vupen who bought it from an iranian.

Selective ACKs, huh? Not surprised Netflix runs into that problem. I wonder how many retransmission hacks are just waiting to be turned into DoS bugs.

this thread is too good and high iq for /nu/g/ but thanks for making it.

>wonder if they are somehow related to VUPEN
I thought they closed down.

>Why is linux recommended for pentesting?
Having full control over the network stack is enough to make it better over windoze, anytime.
Just for that tiny bit.
Disregarding all the rest.

>and what about FreeBSD?
whats with the overall shilling of freebsd on chans lately ? Did (((they))) infiltrate it after all ?

People who want to be different and edgy are attracted to chans, bsd attracts those folks (obv serious bad devs and admins are srs but the clowns posting in desktop wallpaper general or w.e are not )

I've been working in a SOC for a few months now as a Sr analyst and the pay is stupid for the work we do.. what's the developer equivalent of an analyst? Like above us is the admins who own the Ids,fw,waf,etcetera devices. If I'm making 85k that means those guys are probably pulling 100k? Grandpa wasn't lieing when he told me to get into tech when I was little... I'd like to learn either pentesting or Enterprise architecture, haven't decided which way to go yet though my current skills are definitely more in the sysadmin side (could probably go into imbedded systems if I wanted)

>or w.e
What is that?

did they? AFAIK, they moved out of france and changed their name to zerodium or some shit

I wanna make a bot. How do i get stable proxies?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but how would I go about flashing my old x58 board with coreboot or me_cleaner? I only see guides for Core 2, Sandy/Ivy Bridge motherboards.

bump

make your own ?

How expensive is that?

vps hosting cost so basically nothing then you can set up a proxy of your choice or write your own

make a updated sec guide

>or connections to israeli government
It is well known that Israel has a lot of talents here. Also their national service is a huge incentive to enter this field if you can. We have one user from Israel in here a few months ago, explaining the system.

>make a updated sec guide
Which guide? Or do you mean the /sec/ FAQ?

Not but
is talking about pastebin.com/tUvq8Jzj which pastebin shows a timestamp from 2014

The GitHub lists which got parsed when the copypasta 86'd the IRC info has an edit date from February, but also mentions Bastille Linuy github.com/mayfrost/guides/blob/master/CHECKLIST.md

I think we're looking for a comprehensive guide for best practices, in addition to the career FAQ.

Attached: InternetWave.jpg (864x807, 632K)

>github.com/mayfrost/guides/blob/master/CHECKLIST.md
I get a real strong feeling mayfrost is a Jow Forums regular. And I agree we need comprehensive guides. It is weird that with ever worsening security systems the guides are relatively incomplete.

go through it and tell us what's wrong with it

OK. It is night and it is night in Europe. You know what to do.

Attached: Daybreak_by_Parrish_(1922).jpg (3463x1999, 1.35M)

>How expensive is that?
shodan is free, if you're that kind of guy
>:^)

Oh shit, thanks. I hope theres lots of raspberry pis on there

I have a load balancer for multiple tor paths.

also related, I've noticed there are a lot of "vpn" and "proxy" mobile applications and browser extensions that just route everything through tor. Loads of people use it without knowing it.

Oh shit, didnt think of that. Thanks m8

looks decent, but it's a little light on math. discrete math, linear algebra and differential equations are usually a must for undergrads. also get the mit book on algorithms and the dragon book on compilers then pick up the art of software security assessment. for electives just do what you want. forensics will help your pentesting and everything is going to be distributed soon. ai and robotics are cool if you want to build semi-intelligent drones to infiltrate buildings for you, but those are expensive and many years away from practical.

>not doing anything to stop Van Eck phreaking
>not knowing that the gyroscope in your hard drive can be used as a microphone
>not using ECC RAM to stop rowhammer attacks
>not being able to set kernel parameter to deny inserted USB's
>not desoldering the microphone
>not realizing that the CPU microcode could communicate with the microphone regardless of libreboot
>not putting nail polish on the screws and taking high resolution pictures to ensure signs of tampering
>not removing the modem with DMA
>not going fanless to prevent binary acoustic data transmission
>not knowing the Ethernet and wifi card have access to keyboard
>using xorg where any window can steal the contents of the clipboard or keystrokes
>not knowing that the sound card can change the headphone jack into a microphone jack and use it to record through the headphones
>not knowing they bounce an infrared laser off a flat surface anywhere near your laptop to steal your encryption keys by listening to your CPU fan
>not knowing spectre, meltdown, rowhammer and rambleed can break anything remotely using a web page with javascript

windows comes preinstalled on almost machine sold so it's basically free, smartanon.

*almost every

hastebin.com/qamiyawiwo.nginx

pastebin.com/v8Mr2k95

> not wearing you fedora
> not taking you autist medicine
> not texting you mom and dad and friends with pictures of your new toys
> not knowing you can buy second hand hardware at the same price and half the price
> not saving money on rbg and instead buying a fuckdoll
> not wearing your star wars t-shirt while gaming or doing intensive programming
> not using cotton to mute your microphones including inside the case
> not having a waifu from your favorite Jow Forums board
> not cleaning your keyboard with water
> not being toxic during sommer to hell drive off the summerfags

Attached: Feels_Good.jpg (630x480, 68K)

Find any EPUB/PDF you are interested in on the Internet.

Most of these sources have search bars & can have their searches refined in various ways.

Google Open Directory Search palined.com/search/

File Chef: Direct Download almost anything filechef.com

cgs.the-eye.eu/

filepursuit.com/

Mamont's FTP Index
mmnt.net/

Napalm FTP Indexer
searchftps.net/

libgen.io/

libgen.me/

Huge list of proxies, Check these w/ something like PSC Proxy Security to see if the proxy is modifying Javascript/HTML, etc.

archive.is/Qy0NF#selection-2251.51-10633.88

Whatever

Detailed Computer Science/InfoSec/OffSec learning maps/graphics:

amanhardikar.com/mindmaps.html#

Some select ones:

amanhardikar.com/mindmaps/Cryptography.html
amanhardikar.com/mindmaps/Cryptography.png
amanhardikar.com/mindmaps/ForensicChallenges.html
amanhardikar.com/mindmaps/ForensicChallenges.png
amanhardikar.com/mindmaps/Forensics.html
amanhardikar.com/mindmaps/SecurityTests.html
amanhardikar.com/mindmaps/SecurityTests.png
amanhardikar.com/mindmaps/virus-classification.html
amanhardikar.com/mindmaps/webapptest.html
amanhardikar.com/mindmaps/webapptest.png
amanhardikar.com/mindmaps/worm-classification.html

Attached: Practice.png (4429x5100, 1.43M)

>pastebin.com/v8Mr2k95
Thats ... huge. Overwhelming, even.

a lot of it is outdated, but it's a great list of resources worth adding to your bookmarks.

who was the most based cypherpunk

The one you never heard of, eluding all alphabet soup agencies.