/pcbg/ - PC Building General

ATTENTION: The Navi RX 5700XT and RX 5700 will launch alongside Ryzen 3000 series CPUs with PCIe 4.0 on 7/7/2019. Nvidia is rumored to be releasing a SUPER series that will reportedly see 20 series cards bumped by ~15% performance while retaining their price points. More info on the SUPER series possible on 6/21.

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>i3 8350k - Recommended minimum gaming
>i5 8400U/9600k - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 9700K - Extreme solution for absolute max FPS
>i9 9900K - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing
>i9 7980XE - HEDT

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

General:
>Always avoid AMD if gaming
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: 1532439696539.jpg (1100x1002, 540K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gskill.com/en/product/f4-3000c16d-16gvrb
overclock.net/forum/13-amd-general/1640919-new-dram-calculator-ryzena-1-5-1-overclocking-dram-am4-membench-0-7-dram-bench-363.html#post27754172
gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c16d-16gvkb
gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c14d-32gtzsw
comparesizes.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>General:
>>Always avoid AMD if gaming
based

Thinking about buying this screen for gaming.
At that price,is it a good deal ? The screen is 1 year old and it's an Acer XG270HUOMIDPX

Attached: Capture.png (759x507, 257K)

Welcome to Ryzen country intcel.

What kind of power supply is going to be needed for Zen 3, some fast ram, and a high end graphics card?

I'm going to bet $100 that both the 12 core zen2 and the 8 core zen2 are gonna perform worse in games than 9900k. Any takers?

You're going to need to connect to 1200w power supplies in parallel. This will require the fusing of some cables.

>Using either of them for gaming
Why are intcels so savagely retarded?

Which games? Stock vs stock? 0.1% minimums or averages?
How far will you move the goalposts?

>>Always avoid AMD if gaming
Kek

I'm getting texture glitches on games and the vram is shared (igpu), but hci memtest finds no errors at 1000% coverage. What could be it?

Well after reading his OP I will surely buy an Intel® Core™ Desktop Processor for my next personal computer build.

lol jk fag OP kys

There are no better alternatives in that price range.

Is it safe to run the CPU with the lowest voltage that boots?
Can it be starving but not shut off on Windows as a safety thing?

Just reset everything to stock and do some proper research before you hurt yourself.

>I'll just spend the most that I can on a cpu even if I don't need it

What kind of research
When I Google undervolt Ryzen I see people running faster clocks with the same voltage that I'm using

just run an offset that is stable on full stress testing in p95 etc. if it doesnt crash then yes

can the 3600x and 5700 come out before I spend all my money on booze and prostitutes "please"

will zen 2 work out of the box with a b450 motherboard (without needing a bios update)?

>That CPU recommendation list
kek, newfags btfo

no
just buy one with bios flashback so you don't need a cpu to update it

so anything above 6c12t for gaming is a meme

>inb4 muh futureproof

Attached: cores for gaems.jpg (1137x594, 137K)

How would that work?

GSkill Ripjaws 16GB 3000MHz DDR4 Kit (F4-3000C16D-16GVRB)
>gskill.com/en/product/f4-3000c16d-16gvrb
It's not the ripjaw V.
So I was wondering if anyone knows of the compatibility of this ram with ryzen?
I know they've tried to fix shit over the years but some rams still aren't hitting box label ratings.

Attached: 6916.png (667x445, 286K)

Is it possible to pass P95 but still be starving energy a bit?

I have the same kit except 3200 cl16
It has hynix CJR ram which works better than samsung bdie with ryzen, you can OC it really well (i've only taken mine to 3200 cl14 though, waiting for the 3600x to come out before I go further)

The g.skill site QVL only have testing on intel chipsets.
And the motherboard I'm getting. MSI B450m mortar has a few g.skill but not this specific model.

Attached: 600.png (600x480, 262K)

>Always avoid AMD if gaming
Absolutely based. AMD fags BTFO

My micron E is at 3400 c16 currently

>It has hynix CJR ram which works better than samsung bdie with ryzen
Lol
>you can OC it really well
Wtf you what

What was the price of the new one? Does it have 1 year guarantee left? That is something I would think about first.
Also if you're running nvidia gpu check how it works with this monitor, it has freesync.

>have the same kit except 3200 cl16
Do you know the exact model number?
F4-3000C16D-16GVRB
You see the last letter?
Does it matter?
Series:
VR / VB / VK / VS / VG = Ripjaws V (Red / Blue / Black / Silver / Gunmetal Gray)
RR / RB / RK = Ripjaws 4 (Red / Blue / Black)
XL / XM / XH = RipjawsX
ZL / ZM / ZH = RipjawsZ
RL / RM / RH = Ripjaws
TZ = Trident Z
TX = TridentX
TD = Trident
AB / AO / AR = ARES
ECO = ECO
SR = Sniper
IS / ISL = Aegis
NQ / PK / HK = Performance
NT / NS = Value RAM
SQ / SK = SO-DIMM for laptop

This is from their FAQ. It's confusing cause "VRB" shouldn't really be a thing unless they've fused things.
Now I can't tell if it's a "V" or "4"

Though their site says it is. But isn't that odd? Cause now when I'm looking at the mobo qvl I'm getting picky about those last letters because of it technically it's not on the qvl

>ask Jow Forums about best price/performance cpu
>everyone tells me to but ryzen 2 cpu
>enter speccy thread
>intel i5's and i7's everywhere
>only a handful ryzen users

Why are you fuckers like this?!

Attached: disgusted-homer-57b1df51a45ab.jpg (600x886, 35K)

See the info in general. Don't buy AMD if you're gaming. Preferably don't but AMD at all. AMD is shit.

overclock.net/forum/13-amd-general/1640919-new-dram-calculator-ryzena-1-5-1-overclocking-dram-am4-membench-0-7-dram-bench-363.html#post27754172

it might not be "better" tbqh but apparently it's very close to being just as good but i'm pretty sure i've read some other material that said CJR hynix ram is great for overclocking
gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c16d-16gvkb
this is the exact set I have and I overclocked it easily and have had no problems with it using the ryzen dram calculator, 2400g and a msi b450 board
ignore the memers and get a 2600/2600x ryzen

speccy thread lol.
i don't think speccy even works well for AMD.

look at the cpu benchmark charts. you will the 2700x is in a sweet spot of price and performance.

(wait afew days for new cpu's. july 7th. should be interesting)

if you want a intel cpu - don't listen fags on the internet - its your money.

>get a ryzen
no, don't do this user
ryzen = trash

Where the fuck's the real OP?

Is this Intel shilling season?

Just pay attention to what kind of clocks you're getting. Obviously if they're lower than before you lowered the voltage you are starving your cores of voltage. There should be a sweet spot where PBO is able to push higher due to more room in the TDP limit and is not limited by the lower voltage. The sweet spot will be different with every chip.

The last few weeks have been constant AMD shilling so now we are taking turns

Ah, that's fair. The counter-shilling rages on.

Ryzen 2700x user here, bought it a year ago. It's fuckin fantastic, but I have shitload of multicore workloads, and I ain't complaining about gaming on it.
^this. When I was buying my rig there was no reason for me to buy Intel.

fuck AMD, AMD is trash, don't buy AMD

AMD IS TRASH

gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c14d-32gtzsw
is this a good set for 277 bucks including VAT?
or can i get more bang for my buck?
planning on using it with a 3700x btw

Oy vey, it's the salty Intards. Your single-core performance and higher clock speeds won't save you thanks to security threats and bios patches, making you irrelevant as fuck lol

>Your single-core performance and higher clock speeds won't save you
yes they will

I can't wait until a fatal security flaw in Zen is detected and absolutely cucks your performance as well

doing the exact same thing as them just in the opposite direction though doesn't prove them wrong, or even accomplish anything good.

Is there any not pain in the ass way to move my OS without all the shiet on my computer to a new SSD. nope i do not have another memory that can fit my OS

Realistically, how long after RTX super and Ryzen 3000 launches until the previous version goes on sale?

There are many fatal security flaws in Zen.

It's not even that reason either, it's because new AMD chips come out in a month and they're paid to try and lower the impact of its release.

Attached: 1559230562329.jpg (950x1024, 162K)

/pcopebg/

x570 + 3400g as a placeholder for a 4400g?
Does that make sense or will 4400g use other socket? Are there any estimates on matx or mitx boards and their prices?

AMD is becoming less and less trustworthy since they got full of themselves.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 141K)

>it's because new AMD chips come out in a month and they're paid to try and lower the impact of its release.
You realize you have been saying stuff similar to that nature for over a year now, about pretty much what ever reason you can come up with?

>Xx70 for an APU
nani

God I wish someone would actually pay me to shill their shitty products

>There are many fatal security flaws in Zen.

A singular exploit chain that required administrative local access that was patched within days of discovery (without any performance impact) is not "fatal" Mrs. 30% slowdown.

Attached: 1560391197556.jpg (550x413, 105K)

Just wait(tm) for Intel Sunny Cove CPUs, fellow brotheren.

It won't be a paper launch this time.

So if max clock on hwmonitor is 3500mhz I should be fine?

What is PBO?

That's cool and triggers me to try it, but for now I just want the lowest safe voltage with stock clock because I'm getting temperature issues. And stock clock shouldn't be a bottleneck anyway with the Vega iGPU

Attached: IMG-20190616-WA0023.jpg (3264x1836, 594K)

When it stops being true I'll stop bringing the fact up in conversation.

Attached: 1560395873051.png (500x537, 305K)

>Mrs. 30% slowdown.
More like 1% general slowdown and 0% in games slowdown.

Not him but then why are you lads scared of updating your stuff for the mitigations?

>When it stops being true I'll stop bringing the fact up in conversation.
You realize there is plenty of loonies out there that consider a lot of things "true".
And using their insane beliefs as facts to justify stupid actions is just annoying.

Nobody's scared though?

Too bad neither of us speak for everyone.

>Lying to cope

Attached: you.png (500x361, 233K)

>lying
Prove me wrong then.

>doesn't realize that games in the coming years will be optimized to use 8 cores/16 threads.

i5 and i7 users are fucked.

>SSD performance is one metric where the mitigation impact is shown. You can't even refute this since SSD's are musts for gaming PC's to load faster.

Hard to believe considering how slow devs have been to even make effective use of 4 cores

Okay. But I can't see it stating the amount of the impact anywhere?

>cheapest v56 in my area is a sapphire pulse for $400 aussie
>think great find, buy it to replace rx480
>slap it in my nzxt manta
>expect high fps at 1440p
>instead the card blast past 70c and makes a TERRIFYING whirrrrrr noise
I NEVER EVEN CONSIDERED THE SIZE OF THE FUCKER ITS SO BIG THAT THERES LITERALLY NO SPACE FOR IT TO DRAW AIR IN FROM THE BOTTOM BECAUSE OF THE PSU SHROUD AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I FUCKING HATE PC GAMING

Attached: 3616A895-9263-4CBB-B106-18DB00F3EB90.png (750x953, 807K)

Wow my game now loads in 0,82s as opposed to 0,8s. What a shocker.

you're already seeing it via new games choking the 7600K and taking advantage of the 1600's resources.

>Companies that have been caught for underhanded tactics (find guilty in court and forced to pay literally billions) would never stoop so low again!
Literally you.

Attached: 1549282767483.jpg (887x900, 219K)

What shitty case do you have that the psu shroud doesn't have ventilation holes

comparesizes.com
does anyone else use this to make sure everything fits in their itx build?

No matter how hard they try, Zen 2 will crush Intel even furter.

Attached: 1559398644956.png (1800x850, 242K)

>itx build
Sorry, but I'm not a toddler

Inturds are now flat-earthers who deny facts.

Precision Boost Overdrive
Basically the CPU can independently boost cores based on temperatures, voltage, and other factors. That sounds like your CPU can't push higher than stock clocks, like it's not even reaching the rated boost clocks. If it can run benchmarks without crashing you shouldn't experience crashing or instability or anything, but your processor will not be performing like it should.

It really doesn't take much to be able to cool a Ryzen part at stock clocks. I've got a 1700 at 3.8GHz ~1.3V on the stock cooler. You really should sort out your cooling issues rather than limiting your CPU.

>Zen 2 will crush Intel
ahahaha, no

never said that, it's just that you are crying wolf about literally everything
imagine somebody farted and you screams ITS THE JEWWWSSSS, nobody would take you seriously, and that's effectively what you have achieved.

Thanks, my Intel salt shaker ran out.

why would you ever use a PSU shroud

Attached: 59001163f89ee7fa3b14178a6a3e21dda70ca5fec36609d616c49ef8d0839647.jpg (812x800, 117K)

>posts graph of AMD murdering Intel in sales
>ahahahaha no.

This has got to be the most delusional person ever.

How does that work?

>>posts graph of AMD murdering Intel in sales
and that's why AMD makes 4 million a quarter and Intel makes over 1 billion?

Is there any benefit to updating my gigabyte b450m bios from F4 to F32 if I'm not buying a Ryzen 3xxx?

>he doesn't know that the earth is a hollow disk
The absolute state of AMDlets

>bigger number bigger then smoller number!!

more delusional is pretending a single german retailer is directly comparable to world wide sales.

If you're lucky it'll be close, with 5-10%, but without more sources, it's impossible to say how accurate it is.

And no, amazon is not another source, they don't give sales volume.

>NEW* relative growth doesn't matter!

Nzxt manta. It has an irrevocable psu shroud that has ventilation grooves but they’re irrelevant. Half is already blocked by the psu. I really didn’t consider the thiccness of the card, it practically flush with the shroud. Just gonna sell the card at a 10 loss and move on. FUCK

Attached: C2EC17CC-3DA5-406D-8D01-394A82643DF2.jpg (619x619, 182K)

There are probably AGESA updates in there that will improve RAM compatibility and allow you to clock it higher, and there may also be bug patches included.

>NEW* Amazon doesn't matter!