Anyone else lost all interest in programming?

Anyone else lost all interest in programming?

Attached: 1535573693966.png (512x640, 418K)

ever since i started working with it yes for sure

So it's work now, not fun?

I lost interest in undergrad but kept going because I knew I needed it for good jobs, now I'm completely disinterested but keep doing it because it's a living
would love to just be doing management eventually and not thinking about code at all

No. I have too many personal projects, too many future plans for them and too little free time. Having lost interest in all my other hobbies helps.

same for me, I'd rather not be coding the rest of my life I only do it for the money

yes and no
i still mostly enjoy it but i cant justify spending more time programming stuff when i get home
i want to spend time watching chink cartoons and other various media as well

I work as a programmer, but I have not the enthusiasm for the subject as I had before. In the past, sometimes I spent the entire day reading articles, books and tutorials, now it feels like a burden.

Your mistake was only reading and not writing.

More interested in maxing out that materia perhaps?

More like I've lost all interest in life. Feels like I'm just going through the motions, doesn't even feel real most of the time.

why dont we work on something together? it would offer new perspectives and allow us to take on larger projects. it would purely be for something fun, nothing work related. we could literally pick anything! what would you pick if you could pick anything?

sometimes I feel like I have had enough, but that might just be my current job, I still read new stuff daily and get excited about shit, but I don't have time to just play around with any of that, maybe I should look for a new job or just quit and play with neat shit for a while before getting a new job

Not really
But its so easy to burn out after coding for almost 3 years.
The thing that makes me keep going is the personal projects I still have in mind and work on after wageslaving.

Not really. I get 100% freedom at work to do whatever, because they noticed that I don't need to be pushed around. So I feel awesome at work. I chose a project that I build from start to finish. Design and all. Even chose Haskell to do it. The reason I'm not programming as much is because I noticed I had a lot of gaps when it comes to software architecture and design. Finished almost 15 technical books in the last year alone, apart from 100s of research papers. For some reason I lose interest when the problem is solved on paper and the prototype to prove it is done.

Attached: 1559964420875.gif (300x200, 1.14M)

my problem has always been that the shit I'm actually interested is locked behind a phd or I just can't get the job, like research shit
I'm doing data science now and it's mostly boring and repetitive although it pays well

this, basically

enterprise projects suck your soul out
if you really want to not lose interest, i recommend personal projects in a language that you love

Agreed.
Feels like everything is VR.

i lost all my interest in computers, fuck this, nothing works, everything is shit, i hate it

Nope. I've only recently had interest.

People program for fun?
Are they masochists?
How disgusting.

Attached: 12e.jpg (402x325, 31K)

I wish mine felt like this and not a perpetual torment.

Attached: in you go.png (350x236, 158K)

how can I get away with having no diploma besides CS bachelor in data science? I know it's become the profession everyone wants to be nowadays, but it actually seems fun to me

Yes. Burnout is a bitch.
I hate computers now.

This

Attached: IMG_20190616_230053.jpg (1280x719, 104K)

when I was in high school around 2000 I learned C and was really excited by it. I loved the nuts-and-bolts, under-the-hood kind of thing. It was fun learning what the computer was really doing and then being able to direct it.

Then some years later I realized that the rest of the technology world was running away from that as fast as they possibly could, towards languages as high-level and abstracted as possible, and writing code in such languages has always felt monumentally unsatisfying to me. When web and mobile took over I realized I had no future in software development, or at least not one I wanted any part of. I quit programming and left the industry, I haven't written anything more than trivial bash cover scripts for years.

OP here.

Nah I'm done with video games unless I need to kill time.

What I really want to do is get some fuckpig or another pregnant and have kids. Live in a medium-smallish house in the middle of nowhere. Never have to deal with anyone's shit except my family.

Maybe I'm hitting middle age but it's all so pointless.

Attached: Alaska.png (640x799, 1.04M)

yea that's just growing up
but you'll never get there, women don't want to live in the middle of nowhere

I remember reading this study a few years ago about how gamers are way happier than non gamers in their 20s but then in their 30s are way less happy than nongamers. the paper guessed that it was due to missing out on life milestones and not properly developing the proper social networks. it's basically the male version of sleeping around through your 20s having a blast and then realizing when you're in your 30s that you're behind and missing out.

Bullshit, women in my experience want whatever their man wants, and lots of babies.

you're completely out of touch. women by far make those kinds of living decisions. not understanding basic things like this are probably a main factor in your romantic failure.

What job opportunities are there for CS other than enterprise jobs? Not a rhetorical question
Like all I can think of is embedded, games, hft. Basically more specialized fields that often require C++.

I would even work with C++ if it meant not being at an enterprise job. Literally could not give a shit about money, I don't have a family, bills or anything. Just want to preserve my humanity after I'm done with university and not end up like 99% of enterprise devs completely dead inside.

I did for a while. Been trying to get back into it. Been dealing with family issues, mental stress, and bullshit for the past 2 years. That and school pretty much beat any enjoyment I had for it and I think even created a negative association with it. At least the I know the way around the last one is to just make new better memories with coding.

Seems about right, gaming and coding are poor substitutes for real life.

I never said I was a romantic failure, I'm just burnt out on video games and coding. Stop projecting your own issues and respond to the things I actually post.

I'm projecting your lack of knowledge about relationships onto your obvious failure and depression that caused you to make a whiny thread about yourself

Programming is pretty much the only thing that still interests me, I dont watch tv, no yt, I dont listen to music, dont play games, I do read books for entertainment sometimes

books are gay

Why don't you make another thread about it instead of shitting up this one?

Why?

Actually I wish I could do more programming and less busywork.

Attached: mfw more nonsense.jpg (228x238, 13K)

You have Depersonalization/Derealization disorder. Go see a therapist before you go insane.

therapists are only for normies they dont work once you hit a certain level

No

Whoever didn't is a monkey. Programming is a monkey job. It requires no intelligence, significant creativity or advanced thinking. It only requires forming basic habits and them repeating them over and over, which is monkey work by definition.