|ptg| - Post-apocalypse Tracker General

browsing ggn freeleech pots edition

>Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg\ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
- FAQ pastebin.com/thLgSkNE
- WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
- PYRAMID uploadir.com/u/pdmhcfez
- TEN CURRY COMMANDMENTS pastebin.com/raw/dBbdE73M
- TEN NEON COMMANDMENTS pastebin.com/raw/Ud2pGYaE

Use as a link to find the \ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff will read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff will pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

news:
oppaitime still down
ab freeleech ends in 3 hours

not feeleech

Attached: __original_drawn_by_chihuri__d892bd607319dbf6ca1dd2e43657dc4d.jpg (1500x750, 413K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rarbg.is/
pastebin.com/kxxqTnWU
ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#showspectrum-1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stop consuming anything.
No need to pirate then.

>Exclusive Until 2019-06-18 18:49:53
>Gets upped to PTP instantly
HAHAHAHA

do anyone got invitees to brodcastthenet? please send one kind sir
[email protected]
here is great ration on my best tracker

Attached: ipttorrentt.png (1007x354, 271K)

oh yeah

Attached: Screenshot 2019-02-28 at 6.21.17 PM.png (1406x1324, 161K)

>brod

Stop spamming this in every thread.

gtfo newfriend

I've been browsing private tracker threads on Jow Forums before /ptg/ even existed. You fuck off.

calm down 312cuck

The ripping boys have finally made it

Yeah stop spamming pedo shit in every thread

312god please save us from this weeb anime shite

fuck off

myspleen, nostalgic, JPTVTS - any of these trackers currently recruiting or even have their invites open?

or if you're a member of any of them, i'm just curious if they have some specific stuff i'm looking for, so please let me know if you can pass on that info

I'm a member of myspleen and they are currently not recruiting.

how do you get the new animebytes achievements

With HDB and BTN gone, any reason to autistically upload movies to PTP other than epeen?

b-but it is free

For when they start recruiting again in a few months

when was the last time HDB recruited from Bib ?
was too cool to upload 100 torrent back in the day , now I am lifeless and don't mind doing it.is there a point to torture myself and upload a 100 ebooks /ptg/ ?

Good point, time to prep again. What were the old requirements again? 5 uploads and PU for BTN and 100 for HDB?

Download >1Tb
Seeding >1-1.5 TB
Seeding time >1month

Attached: 1nano.jpg (750x875, 122K)

What does Tv-vault invite section offer ?

THIS

Attached: 2da.jpg (750x875, 98K)

Only if you want to be ratioless. But if you fall behind the threshold of 1.05 or whatever it is, you're no longer Elite and wouldn't be able to see the thread much less join HDB

So for something positive for a change:

Anons, what exactly are you doing with the content you get from private trackers?
I got a lot of IRL friends who got into arthouse shit with me over the past few years.
For all my online addictions, trackers are one of the few that actually made a positive impact on my life, I'm spending a lot more time with friends these days enjoying obscure stuff we found on trackers.
My book club also likes that I supply them with all the stuff we read for free

Attached: comfy.jpg (1071x743, 77K)

I'm assuming it has to do with snatching certain torrents. I got some of the new ones when I logged in without doing anything.

>Seeding >1-1.5 TB
Does that mean if I'm not seeding 24/7 and the recruiter happens to check my profile while my PC is turned off I'm not eligible for recruitment?

Is that for BTN?

I think the user was messing with you.
Old requirements for BTN on PTP was PU+ 10 uploads and I think 1 year on site (that was the thread by Myr until it got removed recently).

I think those are for HDB.

I see, then the user may be right, I wasn't high enough on PTP to see that.

Thats for HDB no BTN , for HDB you have to be elite + the other requirements

Me neither but I've seen screenshots of HDB recruitment that had similar requirements.

>not just using public trackers
get out of shit countries like the USA lmao

I unironically believe private trackers have changed my life for the better, and the whole RPG was worth it.

As you said, it's great to be the guy who not only can recommend movies and books, but will also hook you with the file directly. It makes me feel both cultured and accepted.
I don't have to worry about whether a game justifies the price tag I bought it for. I just enjoy it, and then if I really like the game and it's indie I buy it.
I can finally become a moviebuff by looking for rare and obscure movies that aren't on netflix. Over time, hopefully I start developing a specific taste.
Finally, being able to actually pre-load 5 or so anime and shows you wanna watch instead of aimlessly browsing hulu/netflix is a godsend. God, how much fucking time I wasted browsing the catalogue for something decent.

Thanks for that post user, I feel happy now, and like the time invested was worth it.

Attached: 1489821276298.jpg (375x500, 127K)

Public trackers don't magically get tons of well seeded, high quality, meticulously organized content if you move to another country.

nobody should be using private trackers. Just use public so knowledge and spread free

Thanks for the info anons, hopefully when recruitment comes back it's quite similar, without the account age bullshit.

Before I got into private trackers I barely watched any movies and TV because I avoid shit like netflix on principle and public trackers aren't very convenient to use. I think it's had a (small) positive effect for me as well. There's more stuff I get to share and talk about with my friends.

t. seething leech who cant get in

no, seriously, nerver had any interest in private trackers. Like... why. Why make it private?

how are public trackers not convenient to use?

You just admitted not never even joining a site before fucking judging lol. I'll take the bait anyway:

>Movies that are in proper encodes and formats like bluray discs are actually seeded, not bitrate starved, blurry yifys and cams
>The private aspect encourages people to seed, as you can only download so much before being kicked
>Safer from copyright strikes, no ad-bloated and malware filled sites
>Comfy community of other enthusiasts of the genre, rather than indians, cheapsakes and 13 year olds that just want free shit

>how are public trackers not convenient to use?
I don't like waiting for hours or days downloading from some faggot in some shithole with dialup. But I guess you only download the latest capeshit where this isn't an issue.
As to why make it private, to keep bad users out. Users who don't seed, who upload malware, etc. Also to keep the dmca niggers out I guess.

It made me learn entirely by accident that the advice I had received from all of my teachers throughout the years was true: you have to put in the work, there are no shortcuts. I have so much more knowledge about what works, what doesn't, and why creators do what they do that when it comes to everything I consume it feels as though I've wasted years of my life not watching, reading, and listening to more. Shit, I find myself watching movie critics that I've watched on YouTube for years entirely because I find them funny, interesting, and they'll occasionally add some insight only people who've worked on films behind the scenes can give. More times than not, I'll watch the reviews and I'll be genuinely disappointed at how much the reviewers missed.

it's not bait. Also,
>Safer from copyright strikes, no ad-bloated and malware filled sites
this is what I was talking about getting out of the USA
>Movies that are in proper encodes and formats like bluray discs are actually seeded, not bitrate starved, blurry yifys and cams
that could be put on a public tracker for everyone instead of restraining it to a circle
valid arguments

>that could be put on a public tracker for everyone instead of restraining it to a circle
Normies don't give a shit about quality, and even those who do and know about it don't care about seeding in public trackers.

Want proof? Check rarbg, lots of private tracker content gets leaked there. See how many seeds the content has, it probably won't be much unless it's capeshit or a top grossing movie.

It's not only a problem in the US and I'm certainly not moving countries for such a meaningless reason.

Cinemageddon

are they actually still recruiting on bib?

no

rarbg.is/ basically all the content from private trackers ends up here. They share from private to public. If you are only interested in brand new or very popular content it can work out great for you. It's an excellent choice for automated TV show downloads. But once you start to look closer at the swarms for less popular content you can see where your grand ideas about sharing everything publicly start to fall flat on their face. Pic related. Only takes a few days for seeds to start to abandon less popular torrents on public trackers. Only the strong survive. Private tracker economies ensure this doesn't happen.

Attached: rarbg.png (1533x877, 276K)

...and what happens when you go back further? Diminishing returns.

Attached: rarbg2.png (1559x895, 280K)

If you're looking for some specific movie or something you might as well come right out and say what it is. Asking to ask never gets you very far.

>brod

Attached: brodtt.png (342x97, 32K)

Anyone know what the Achievement "Mercy" is for on Animebytes?

Get banned and then re-activated.

Odd then. Wasn't banned.

That you know of.

Got invited to EMP, what's the path to other bigboi trackers from there?

RED, NWCD, APL or OPH? I need high quality without getting cucked by ratioshit.

Just use deezer.

Fuck off Deezer fag. Deezer FLACS are fucking garbage.

How are they any worse than flacs from another source? Post proof or go make an account on oops so we can laugh at you when you come back in here crying when it goes down again.

Have fun with your transcoded mp3's

Post proof of your claims you faggot layman. If there's a transcoded release on Deezer there's a very high probability it's also transcoded on other services? Why? Because none of the releases are sourced by Deezer themselves. They're delivered using FTP or other secure means by distributors. If the distributor gives them a transcoded release that's what they will put up. What happens on trackers in such cases? You request lossy web approval. If it's a legit lossy web release from a legit source, deezer, bandcamp, tidal, or even sites that sell you files like 7digital or qobuz, then it's going to be approved. If you don't want any such files in your collection it's up to you to check the spectograms yourself instead of bitching about "muh transcodes" on Jow Forums and getting laughed at by people who have the slightest clue. You have zero technical knowledge, you're a faggot layman, go talk about "mp3's" on reddit brainlet.

No proof. No knowledge. No point. Worthless poster with no brain who will end up unknowingly downloading deezer flacs /ptg/ master race pumps and dumps on whatever tracker they decide to ratio cuck on anyway.

Attached: nuclear.jpg (1024x768, 137K)

Too had everyone nowadays says "lol fuck that I'll just stream it on Netflix or 123yify.ru.tv"

It's too late to be a hook-up Chad now, the time to do it was in the 90s/early 00s.

Attached: image.jpg (2217x2217, 1002K)

The fat priest wojack is my least favorite. I hate that fat child molester so much.

You're fucking autistic if you think being a Chad hook-up is outdated. I don't know where you're getting your fucking cyborg friends. All my friends are Normies and I'm the tech forward Chad hook-up with all the free entertainment.

Attached: -GTGebzP_400x400.jpg (400x400, 28K)

Best tracker(s) and best encoder(s) for x.265 content such as movies, documentaries and tv series? mostly 720p and 1080p stuff.

Attached: 1528509634042.gif (480x270, 2.7M)

There are no good ones. I think IPT has a bot that automatically transcodes that stuff to h265 but the only reason you should ever get that stuff is if you're on a cucked connection with horrible bandwidth caps.

I mostly just download linoox games and music because it's hard as hell to find both on Usenet sometimes. Everything else is on omg or nzbs.

calm down user, here's your proof

Attached: 1543247360748.png (2330x1280, 3.78M)

So I just found out that PIA is the only major vpn that is blocked by the BBC iPlayer. Fuck my life

Where can I download some Louis Theroux docs? RUtracker doesn't have dick and Mvgroup doesn't have what I want. Preferably other bbc shit too

Attached: 0ACE3B50-BF5E-4679-8824-21A09015BC2D.jpg (449x492, 28K)

>one single release
So you're saying that makes every release on Deezer bad? If you said something like "I'm into classical music and I'm worried about getting releases with audible watermarks" I would take you seriously. But you're not. You're trying to correlate a single shitty album (which you would notice something was wrong with if you were paying attention) with everything provided by the service being bad. If we're going to go there I can say Bandcamp is shit too because of the official Radiohead hacked minidiscs release. It's a transcode of a transcode. Atrac3 from minidiscs transcoded to 192k mp3, then to god knows what with audio compression added and more of the high frequencies missing sold to you as a legitimate FLAC. There are even officially sold CDs with lossy audio on them. It doesn't make your argument any more legitimate.

dude I'm not the other guy you were talking to, just dug this up from the archives

I just have literal autism and arguing about shit like this is my idea of a fun time. Because I do truly care about all of this. A lot. For fun I'm going to grab a random flac I purchased off bandcamp and compare it with one from Deezer. Bit of a waste of my time but I like going to great lengths to educate the normies.

You're the one writing paragraphs upon paragraphs like a raging autist. I found that song by coincidence. It's free on bandcamp, I just happened to look on deezer first.

for movies, AHD & HDB, there's not a lot of high quality x265 TV/documentary stuff out there, but there's some.

As for the encode groups, for x265, D-Z0N3, DON and NCmt are the ones that do high quality ones consistently.

As I said I have literal honest to God real autism. I also legitimately care about this shit. It's not just for the sake of winning an argument on Jow Forums because that would be even sadder. No music streaming services have quality control. I don't think the vast majority of digital download shops do either. Bandcamp definitely doesn't. If you read their FAQ they specifically state that they require uploading lossless files to discourage people uploading lossy content. But there's also nothing they can do to prevent people from converting it to wav or flac and doing just that. What's more logical, avoiding internet based music sources entirely or being your own quality control? You can't trust anybody else, not even private trackers. I've downloaded bullshit transcoded releases from them too and even trumped a couple. With what source might you ask? Deezer, of course! Use your own eyes, ears, and software to determine what's good and what's shit. Don't just assume based on the source.

what's your ffmpeg settings to generate such spectrals?

I'm not that guy, I'm the raging autist. You might find this script useful. I created it to quickly generate spectrals for shit I downloaded off deezer. I've been meaning to make a script that automates the whole thing, downloading, renaming, putting spectrals in a different folder, creating a torrent... I'm lazy as fuck though.

pastebin.com/kxxqTnWU

it's not the same

Yeah I use the rainbow setting because I want it to match the look of spek (which uses ffmpeg.) I'm more familiar with that.

ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#showspectrum-1

Sorry guess I misunderstood your post. I have non-meme autism as well, what a coincidence, right?
Anyway, like I said I'm not the same person you were arguing with before. I actually agree with you. Deezer flacs are fine most of the time, I haven't found many transcodes. And like you said, other web sources have the same problem. That's why I always check spectrals before I upload something.

dunno, I made that like half a year ago. I'll check if I have the exact command saved somewhere when I get back to my PC

Yeah rather than just shilling Deezer I'm trying to shill paying attention to what you're getting. When I was younger I bought one of my favorite songs ever and shared it with a friend of mine. He was able to tell me that it was just a bass boosted version of the scene vinyl rip of the song. I was pissed I wasted my money but later after gaining access to the email account of someone who works for another shop I got the full story. The record label's distributor didn't have the rights to put any of the labels they distribute on download services but they went ahead and did it anyway. The producer of the song in question sent an extremely angry email to all of the shops selling that song. About 6 months later the distributor went out of business.

This, I've found more shitty transcodes from bandcamp than deezer.

I have to say that what Deezer is offering (via exploits against their wishes) is the best deal on music in history. You get access to a library of music that compares to all the other services the normies use, Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal, etc... But it's free (to steal) and pretty much everything is in flac. I encountered a couple of older releases that were only in mp3 before. But again who cares it's totally free. The only caveat is that if you care about audio quality/transcodes or want to upload what you download from there on private trackers you must check it over first. But that applies to literally every audio source except shit you made yourself that you know meets your own exacting standards.

Pic related is something I bought off Bandcamp with actual money years ago compared with the same song sourced from Deezer for free. How the fuck do you beat free? You could have an account on any top music tracker with unlimited ratio and be allowed to make as many requests as you want with as many GB and in many cases Deezer would still be a better deal. Because you could just download anything on it without waiting for someone else to upload it for you. I have enough buffer on RED that I don't even need to bother with Deezer unless I want something that isn't already uploaded yet I still think it's a better deal. If you don't want to ratio cuck it literally can't be beaten. If you do want to ratio cuck it makes it a fucking cake walk. The exploits could be patched up and fixed at any time so in my opinion you're retarded if you aren't taking advantage of it already.

Attached: compare.png (1290x1294, 2.23M)

best way to rank up in GGn?

Attached: 166_1.jpg (400x222, 32K)

Watch tracers to see which trackers are getting scene released games up the fastest. Race games from those.

Exactly. I use deezer for most of my music downloads. I have over 500GB buffer on RED but I only use it to download stuff that's not on deezer.
Though 2bh I only really download music for my phone or for uploads on red. I just use spotify with a hosts file to listen to music most of the time because it's easier to discover new stuff that way.

Do you have an up to date hosts file for spotify? I had one but with recent updates I'm getting ads and can't play new songs that I haven't played before.

I'm not sure there is one that works with the latest version. My spotify version is pretty old but everything works. Just had to remove write permissions from the update directory or something. It's been a while since I set it up.

auto download stuff

thx for the answers, lads.

I just recently stated caring about private trackers.What's so special about HDBits? From what I understand, PTP has the most movies and BTN has the most TV shows, right? Is the HDBits economy ratioless or something?

Attached: 1754567.jpg (285x177, 10K)