>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Group Buys
deskthority.net/viewforum.php?f=50
drop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last Thread

Attached: Tipro Battle Station.jpg (3264x2448, 1.95M)

Other urls found in this thread:

kono.store/products/retype-keyboard
youtu.be/cUCSSJwO3GU
wiki.ai03.me/books
docs.keeb.io/
digikey.com/product-detail/en/8134-HC-12P2/8134-HC-12P2-ND/2188089
unikeyboard.io/product/diverge/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>rollermouse pro
Nice carpal tunnel cave.

based OP

Attached: bst speakers.jpg (2656x1494, 953K)

I feel like I'm asking dumb questions but I've never seen any switches or pcbs other than the kailh low profile kit I put together last week. So I don't know what is standardized or whatever. I don't want to buy the gateron switches and then they don't fit.

The site clearly has an MX specific and KLP specific PCB but is this just for fitting the cases they make? Looking at the pics of the gateron switches they look the same on the back, 2 pins and those 3 little plastic support things.

Looking at my iris now I'm fairly certain if I just go real heavy on the solder the switches wouldn't need more support. Someone talk me out of this plan or I'm impulse buying new supplies and ripping apart my iris.

Gateron switches are taller than choc switches so you need a different case, but you can tell if a PCB supports MX switches by the pin layout which looks like

Attached: switch pinout.png (248x242, 7K)

the fat bastard will die and leave his kids without a father. pissing me off lardo

Anybody know if this will ever get dropped, or a assdrop version of it will? kono.store/products/retype-keyboard pic related

Attached: REType_Black_1_1800x1800.jpg (1501x1125, 261K)

cute but what distinguishes it from any other RGB TKL bezel keyboard?

I just want a hotswap TKL keyboard without floating keycaps cause I think they look ugly.

>only model M SSK is on ebay right now for 450 + 25 shipping cause IOB

>dont want to spend more than 200 for a keyboard

What are my options bros

Attached: f08bc6f65eab73b0079c7700980b1d5392732ac0.jpg (2851x2138, 1.78M)

I'll sell you my SSK for 200 :^), of course that doesn't include the cost of shipping. I never paid anywhere close to that since I found it in it's original box two years ago, but that doesn't mean you're entitled to get it for a discount.

Local guy is asking for $20 for this broken model m on a garage sale app. Says water spilled on it but that its "easily fixed". I dont have much experience with keyboards and I wanted to give one of these a try. Should I buy it? Any idea what I would have to do repair-wise?

Attached: Screenshot_20190617-230200_OfferUp.jpg (1080x1436, 612K)

>easily fixed
Well he's not wrong since unicomp offer brand new replacement parts, the question you should ask yourself is are you a şoyboy? You need a power drill and some screws or nuts and bolts since the model M uses plastic rivets. You have to drill them out, but that's not hard.

It's hot-swappable and has magnetic feet.
I agree with this user, floating keys are ugly and they get dirt in them easily.

fair enough
what is the best hotswap 75?

time to go thrift store gang

Attached: ibm thrift store.jpg (5312x2988, 2.94M)

>go thrifting
>membranes for literal days
no more

Model M SSK is a membrane lol

Is the masterkeys pro m any good?
Someone is selling theirs for $55

Attached: 3-zoom.png (4000x4000, 3.05M)

Go for it.

Hi. I'm looking for help in choosing a keyboard. Must be tenkeyless, wired, no backlighting. Not for playing games, just casual typing. I have no experience with mechanical keyboards, all my previous boards were budgets ($30).

Pic related were some I picked out from recommended lists that looked nice to me. There are so many to choose from, it's hard to tell which one to go for. I don't need any special features, but I'd like it to feel good, have a good build quality, and look good.

Any suggestions? Tips on what to avoid?

Attached: Durgod Taurus K320.jpg (790x790, 70K)

It's a good choice. If you're willing to spend more there's the obligatory leopold rec.

Chonk desk comin thru

Attached: even more walthers.jpg (3666x1567, 1.39M)

Asking again because nobody responded in the last thread.
Does anyone know somewhere to order a keyboard with MX clears in Australia? There's some options but they're all from overseas and I'd rather not pay more than I'd have to.

>The successor to the Race 3, the Tab75, has a plastic case
Why

even baby is fat

Cheapest option would be a budget hotswap keyboard and some clears from AliExpress, the Australian retailers don't carry barebones GMMKs but it's another option. In the end nothing you buy locally is going to be cheaper than buying from overseas

Is there any budget option for the Kinesis Advantage 2? It's my main keyboard since I wrecked my hands on a Macbook's chiclets and I'm looking for a backup. The Maltron is even more costly, and the Ergodox look like it might be ok, but I don't know.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo-1.jpg (1920x1080, 212K)

pccasegear has 1 and only 1

The Tab75m has a metal case tho. The Tab75 is plastic cause it's a wireless keyboard designed to be carried in your bag.

to be honest, mouse-pad ruins this setup

i cannot wait for mass drop to copy it, and make it full qmk.

What do you mean copy it I thought that they already did with the CTRL? Also isn't the ctrl full qmk, wtf exactly is qmk? I'm a brainlet.

massdrop has done a high profile version of the ctrl

input club used special type of program/firmwaretype for k-type, mass-drop copied it and made it qmk compatible.

qmk is standard way to program keyboards.

Preorders for a new keyboard from TeX have popped up today. I've never heard much about these keybaords here, and I wonder why. Any reason why I shouldn't go all in and order two of these?

I've been using the CM Quickfire TKL with red switches, but the other day I found the blue switch 10key version (with the blue backlight even) at a Goodwill for 8 dollars.

Took it home and it was in completely mint condition. Thanks to whoever tossed this, made my day.

>e no experience with mechanical keyboards,
>all my previous boards were budgets ($30).
you want a heavier switch, ie not red

ive had my pro l for 2 years no issues.
>$55
bring it down to $40 and its a good deal

Great find, never found a modern mechanical at a thrift store, just vintage ones.

Attached: white alps.jpg (1753x987, 468K)

Ok thanks for clarifying that. Do you also know when assdrop will release their own copy of the re;type/k type?

all the parts of my /csg/ build are together, RK61 with red switches and the pbt caps from kbdfans came in today (they sent a full set instead of 61). the software for RK is better than i expected, allowing you to change functions and color of individual keys and set up macros. next step will be getting some alt legends subprinted in black, i may also reprint my esc since i fucked the mount a little and it's loose

Attached: 3568469890674679.jpg (1440x700, 120K)

What is the buttplug thing in all your pictures?

Not him, but it's a reuleaux tetrahedron.

I wish somebody would make something better, but in 17 years nobody has.
inb4 some joke size """"GaMeR"""" mouse blanket

It's just a circle.

a circle's a 2d object you idiot, they can't exist in 3d space

What makes it so great?

Well it's a circle in two dimension, obviously it doesn't look like spherical

It's literally a 3D circle that isn't a sphere.

Corsair Strafe with Cherry MX brown switches just arrived.
Browns don't even feel much different from reds, for me it's the same.
But damn typing on these things feels amazing, i've been using Logitech membrane for 5 years now, it was decent but this is a whole new level of comfort.

Attached: 2019-06-18 16.04.02.jpg (2048x1306, 507K)

It was the first hard mouse surface, all hard surfaces since are literally the same thing copied in comically oversized dimensions.

For what purpose?

Attached: 1487874361901.jpg (500x500, 39K)

Why not just get another hard surface mouse pad? Heck the chinese even make some that are just metal sheets.

>all hard surfaces since are literally the same thing
I think my icemat is slightly different. I don't know if better but the material is substantially different at least. It is indeed needlessly huge but that lets me rest my wrist on the mat itself (and not on the edge which could be uncomfortable due to the thickness).

Maths

To put in my butt, jeez.

Attached: SHALL NOT.jpg (1300x867, 159K)

Because solids of constant width are neat.

youtu.be/cUCSSJwO3GU

Guys, I'm building a cherry clear helix keeb to use at work, while using a cherry blue pok3r at home.
But now I'm thinking, since it's so expensive I either need to bring the helix home every time or store it at work, but it's not completely safe storage.
Should I just switch the pok3r with clears and put the blues in the helix?
The pok3r is sturdier and has a few years behind it, so it would mean less if something were to happen to it

>be me
>be working in centralized IT for an organization with a fuckton of tiny, shitty offices everywhere
>most of these offices are "open plan" and are renovated from old 1980 style office spaces, they just get rid of the cubicles and put standing desks, and then pretend they are hip and cool
>setting up new office for a developer team, they are here to write LOB apps
>realize how important it is to try to give the developers their own room, convince bigu bossu to take the developers out of the open plan area
>Me: what equipment do you need to do your job
>Developers: 8 cores, 64GB RAM, 512GB SSD, mechanical keyboards, etc.
>some of them want cherry blues and greens, I put in the orders
>fast forward 1 month
>getting complaints from the bitchy secretaries in that office, that the developers keyboards are too loud
>technically somebody is supposed to do something about it so I ordered some sound proof tiles for their room and a box of o-rings
>mfw I told the secretaries that the developers need those keyboards to do their job and to just keep the door closed and not bother them too much since their work is critical to the company's operations and will save a million dollars
>mfw I don't even know why this office has secretaries because its just for developers

all those guns, and a shit desk.
ask your janitor supervisor for a payrise.

You all make sketches of how your boards will look before you order the parts right?

Attached: planck.png (1347x757, 188K)

>comically oversized
I don't know where you're looking but I just bought a nice Logitech hard pad to replace my torn up soft pad and it's only 34x28cm

Anyone have resources for making your own keyboard? So far I'm going through
wiki.ai03.me/books
and
docs.keeb.io/ (for his schematics)

No I just use the QMK applet since that already does it.

outemu switches any good?

Help, my mokey hands suck dick for wire peeling, what can i do to peel them better? I already have a wire peeler but im not skilled enough

Attached: garbage wire cutting.jpg (1308x910, 214K)

just use a lighter, the plastic is thin that it just burns off.

Try an automatic wire stripper like this?

Attached: CKT495001.jpg (2000x2000, 1006K)

If the option exists for Gaterons get those, otherwise if you're just getting a cheap chinkboard they're fine.

their cherry clones are okay. for some reason they're louder and higher pitched which some people don't like.

im using it, thats the problem, everytime i cut a new spot the rest of cuts move, making me do more cuts

Just gotta take that into account. Strip a lot on one end to compensate for the jacket moving when you do the other strips.

Pics?

shouldn't it only be pushing the jacket in one direction so as long as you keep stripping the same way it's fine

or does those automatic deelys push it in both directions which sounds like silly design

It relies on the friction of the rest of the wire to make it so only one side of the jacket moves. All it really does is pull the jacket apart with one side being gripped more tightly.

GMMK isn't so bad. Got a TKL version with blacks, which I'm not a fan of, but at least I can try out jades now without much difficulty.

what are some boards with a programmable wheel.

Corsair

>Budget
Decent
>Location
NZ
>Preferred switch type
Heard Gateron Yellows were nice
>Layout
Where the enter button is rectangle
>Form factor
60% is cheapest right?
>Backlight
Yes
>Previous/current keyboard
numpad

I think it's time for me to build my own keyboard

Any parts that you would buy for your first build?

>buy ikbc mf108
>backspace doesnt work
>try to snip off extra solder from switch thinking maybe it was shorting
>still doesnt work

>multiple threads and posts about issues with this board
i thought this was supposed to be high quality

DZ60 PCB, a plate, case and LEDs in a color of your choice from KBDfans, and a set of PBT caps from your preferred chink site.

Use a DMM to check for shorts? Past that RMA it?

already put in return request with amazon. they were out of stock on blues and browns when i ordered so i got reds but they just came back in stock so im going to try to get a tactile switch on my new board.

overall tho this board feels so nice switchs feel good for cherrys no rattling either

whats the difference between the DZ60 and DZ68?

DZ68 or DZ65 or whatever they call it nowadays is a 65% hotswap PCB with RGB SMDs, DZ60 is a standard 60% PCB with RGB underglow and holes for regular single-color through-hole LEDs.

How do the GK64 compare to the DZ60/68 PCBs

Just wondering why the GK are cheaper than DZ on aliexpress..

Hotswap is a plus, non-standard layout is a minus although you can get keysets specifically for it nowadays.

redpill me on hotswaps. How durable are they? will they kill my board since they are not using a soldering to keep the plate in place? Does dust and liquid fuck it up easier?

Which are the best in terms of hotswap ansi layout?

I noticed that there is another PCB XD64, is that any good?

none of those things you listed are an issue, hotswap sockets aren't actually a new thing. IBM and ALPS experimented with them in the 90s, but that was the golden age of cheap membrane keyboards so they died. If you have an old ALPS keyboard some of them can be modded with hotswap sockets like
digikey.com/product-detail/en/8134-HC-12P2/8134-HC-12P2-ND/2188089
The biggest issue is if some meme switch comes out and doesn't use standard size pins because the designer is a retard

Looks like the XD64 PCB supports both the GK64's 60% with arrow keys layout and the standard 60%. Not hotswap though, unless you solder in Mill-Max sockets.

are side printed keycaps a meme? kinda wanna get one, but i dont want to be a memester.

also, why doesnt anybody make double shot side prints?

ooh you can sound out the japanese alphabet? wow you're so interesting!

No they're great
They don't bother with double-shot because you aren't wearing them out with your fingertips

Anyone on here that runs the qmk.fm website? I'm in the middle of learning how to compile firmware, but your keycodes page is down.

>thinking nips have an alphabet
now that's interesting

YMDK does make side print double shot PBT keycaps

What's Jow Forums's opinion on diverge?
unikeyboard.io/product/diverge/
I've had my eye on it even before they hit the 4th version, although I've never bit the bullet and bought the caps, switches, and kit.
As for switches, are zealios just a meme?

i swapped my zealios out for the gateron blues that originally came with my board after like 3 months