Was it kino?

Was it kino?

Attached: Visual_Basic_6.0_logo.png (317x314, 103K)

I've recently picked it up for my new job, and god fuck its a mess. Never again

It was absolutely kino.
Although VB3 was best.

>new job
>VB6
???

Attached: 1499422731954.gif (280x280, 3.05M)

Yeah its a bit rough

Installed it just now for shits and giggles

How do I use it?

Attached: 2445.png (1415x757, 132K)

Click the desert button to add a cool widget to the form.

Good times

Attached: Love-letter.jpg (1024x768, 279K)

I made by first shitty program on it. 10/10

Attached: IMG_1038.jpg (1024x768, 75K)

even PHP was better

PureBasic.

You have seen nothing yet if you think that's ancient legacy shit user needs to maintain there.

Not surprised none of the zoomers on this board replied to this post.

>Oh no people don't reply to ILOVEYOU because there is nothing to say about it fucking zoomers man
What the fuck is your point? Wanna feel "special" because you can read and know what ILOVEYOU was? Your post is by far the most zoomer one on this board today.

What was objectively wrong with it? Easy to use, program and create GUIs in.

can you link to C/C++

With the latest versions yes. It's just another CLR program like C# or F#. Not sure about older versions though

>the 64-bit version of standard VB is only available for VBA in Office
the dream is dead.

Select stuff on the left and draw cool shit in the form
Double click something to add your Kode

when will someone port windows 95 to arm

Work for a bank, you will time travel to 1985

Holy shit my dad got this to me and it was how I first got into programming

it's was a bitch to debug. also, their object model sucks. just use c# if you have to do anything on the .net framework or python if you want the easy way out.

the only lang i want to use is lua

it's nice but only useful with batteries on desktop

I'm a real programmer, I swear

Attached: my programming books.jpg (2560x1920, 723K)

My first real job as a developer was in an office that was powered by COBOL written before I was born.
It was a small office in the middle of a small town, so the developers they hired usually stuck around for a minimum of 10 years.
All of the core infrastructure was created by 1 person, who had retired a few years before I started. The longer I worked there, the more I realized what an absolute madman this guy was.

First, he had an obsession with files. He hated databases.
If the customer needed data processed, they had to write the data to a file, send in the file, then a shell script would detect that a file was placed in the queue and fire off some COBOL programs that would output the results to a file that a shell script would email to the customer.

Second, this absolute madman figured out how to make web applications in COBOL. I shit you not.
He did some CGI wizardry with some slapped together markup and JavaScript that tied into COBOL programs on the backend.
Did it work? Yes. Did anybody know how it worked? No.

My job was to rewrite these monstrosities which is a bit difficult when none of the code has comments, there's no documentation, the creator retired years ago, and it's a custom-built infrastructure held together with duct tape and wire hangers.

This desu

No, it sucked. Delphi was the divine intellect option.

I always preferred LibertyBasic

It was awful. You want to know what was kino? For real?.
Its name is...
CLARION.

I wrote my first games in VB. It wasn't especially fast but it was enough to write a CRPG with overworld and randomly generated dungeons.

Lol

Forgot mentioning that I changed do Delphi a year later and to C soon after that.

The Basic for men. Gets translated directly and as fast as a fucking rocket to C and is compiled fucking RAW as in a Chad fucking a horny and wet pussy RAW for that small size and native performance. All for just 75$, what an amazing piece of software.

Attached: 152478748829.png (1920x1080, 1.12M)

Basiert

A couple years ago I got a job that involved using an Oberon IDE from like 1994 and compiling for Motorola 68k.

VB3 was absolutely.

Jesus fucking Christ. Any other crazy shit?

Absolute madman.

Years ago I used to use VB to make little GUIs for underpaid widget assemblers and QA testers. It was kind of fun in a weird way.

How it worked was, there would be this plastic jig that the widget circuit board fits down into, and a couple of needles would connect a serial port, power, and some test voltages. Widget guy would then look at the screen and push a few brightly colored comic sans buttons in a particular sequence. Serial port would load the ROM onto the widget, boot into a weird memory map with the test point voltage held down, and then read back a bunch of checksums and stuff. The VB GUI would show a green light and save a bunch of statistics into a mysql database in a closet somewhere.

At this point the test point voltage would be floated and read into an ADC, then the widget guy would follow an onscreen check list and mess around with the physical widget. My shitty VB program would make sure the ADC was reading the right values within a certain %, issue a few serial port commands at certain parts, and then it would save a test report and give the green light. Then the widget guy would put all the screws in and start over with the next widget.

Felt sorry for the widget guys and tried to waste as little of their time as possible. Any mistakes I made would get them blamed for being too slow.

It's that Xan without the masks

Best UI editor to this day

>UFOs
Seems legit

>can you link to C/C++
You definitely can.
Declare Auto Function MBox Lib "user32.dll" Alias "MessageBox" (
ByVal hWnd As Integer,
ByVal txt As String,
ByVal caption As String,
ByVal Typ As Integer) As Integer

Dude LSD lmao

i still use VBA day in day out. a lot of financial shit runs on it

It's really easy and useful... if you're a single developer working on small utilities. Any fucking moron with an idea and a vague sense of logic can make something useful.
God fucking help you if you're using VB for a large project, because it's a mess in terms of maintainability.

In more modern times, C#+WinForms is what you'd want if you were moving from VB6. WPF is even more modern, but WinForms's API design is extremely reminiscent of how VB does things, making it a breeze to switch.