Win 10 Fag here need linux help

Just installed mint 19.1 and confused on how to update applications. Need to update firefox. plz help im trying to leave windows

>pic related: me

Attached: me.jpg (600x484, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RXV6FXVL6xI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

sudo apt update firefox

i mean just
sudo apt update

sudo apt update

sudo apt upgrade

the first one updates the package lists, second upgrades the actual package

This guy is retarded
It’s
sudo apt update
then you do
sudo apt upgrade

sudo apt-get install firefox

to update your system, do sudo apt-get update (or upgrade)

Find the package manager app. Update with gui or like others have suggested with terminal. Either or you decide.

RETARDED OP LMFAO

Attached: brainlet.jpg (680x723, 44K)

thanks user got it (anything else i should do on a fresh install?)

Attached: anon.jpg (398x500, 25K)

install arch you piece of shit

Attached: arch.jpg (650x4377, 524K)

If you’re on a laptop install tlp to help save battery
Mint might come with that tho idk

Jesus why would you install a Linux distro without even reading how to use it beforehand?

Read the fucking man pages, or the wiki, Jesus christ.

On 19.1 you dont need to type sudo anymore.

>apt update(get a list of packages who can be updated)
>apt upgrade(install the available new packages)

You can also use the defaut Mint update tool or Synaptic(my favorite).

Not op but another mint user, thanks for TLP, which mint does not come with by default.

shut up you gate keeping faggot don’t pretend you never had any questions about your distribution
you’re welcome i hope it improves your battery

Yes I had, but I back then I didn't make a thread for every single of them, I didn't even have Jow Forums back then, I figured out by myself, and the only time I came here asking Jow Forums told me to fuck off.

Keep spoonfeeding every newfag, you massive cocksucker. Jow Forums is not your personal tech support.

youtu.be/RXV6FXVL6xI

>replying to bait thread
SAGE

OP here thank just installed

And what the fuck do you want? A medal? A cookie? Shut the fuck up already. There is literally no reason to shit on a new user for having questions. Go fuck yourself you, you holier than thou, chicken tendy munching, NEET.

whats sage? something about math?

If you really want help him teach them how to figure out his stuff, don't spoonfeed them every time he runs in a problem, they don't even post on the general for stupid question, they have to come a make a thread just for this.

You faggots are the reason this board keeps getting worse and worse.

my bad i probably should have put this in general sorry your butthurt

If you really want help him (them) teach them how to figure out their stuff, don't spoonfeed them every time he runs into a problem, they don't even post on the general for stupid question, they have to come a make a thread just for this.*

Can't into grammar right now, I'm sleep deprived.

I forgive you, but remember next time there is literally two thread for this kind of posts.