How do you get out of webshit

How do you get out of webshit

Attached: 1536727338410.jpg (900x904, 152K)

Do Fullstack work and then switch entirely to Backend

you don't
you're here forever
>fullstack/backend isn't webshit
if you're slaving away for webshitters you're still doing webshit

You made this bed.

but I don't wanna sleep in it

Attached: 1526815179980.jpg (750x680, 95K)

post resume

But backend webshit is still miles ahead of frontend webshit.

tue but then you have to deal with databases
and god help you if you end up in some shithole that does their whole backend in pl/sql or something similar

You can't. there is no demand for anything serious, such as Haskell or Scala.

also WE. ARE. FULL.

backed in Javascript?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

>we are full
no you're not I've been set on doing this since I was 10 years old IT'S ALL THAT I HAVE LEFT AND I'M NOT LEAVING IT

Attached: 1535334053829.jpg (1440x959, 472K)

I don't have an up to date one and all that's on it anyways is 3 years of webshit in enterprise fintech, .NET

It's not like databases are exclusive to webshit, and in big enough places you don't even usually have to deal much with databases because you'll have database cucks taking care of it. And no one forces you to take jobs in shitty webshit shops that have gone full retard and also do their backend with memes instead of only the frontend.

>And no one forces you to take jobs in shitty webshit shops that have gone full retard and also do their backend with memes
sadly not the truth if that's all that's being offered

You cannot. Webshit is for those who failed with math.

Learn Java, which is statically but unsoundly typed verbose webshit. You will love frameworks, they have lots and lots of em.

Oh, wait, that Typescript...

>and god help you if you end up in some shithole that does their whole backend in pl/sql or something similar
Holy shit this. I had to quit after a month, it's completely insane.

Attached: mm9hw7c15xg11.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

I went from web to data infra. Honestly missing the fast reward cycles of pumping out pure functions and having tests that run in seconds.

what do you want to work on?

>pl/sql or something similar

brainlet. you literally have no idea how much better, way better something like PostgreSQL with, say, Go are compared to fucking idiotic abominations called MongoDB and NodeJS.

what pure function, faggot?

whatever's left after you remove webshit

Attached: 1534416162958.jpg (1000x1000, 160K)

You obviously didn't read the post I was replying to. Some retarded companies do everything in PL/SQL. The codebase I was suppoed to work on had thousands of stored procedures, most of them were just duplicated, very slightly modified code.

that's not the point user
I work in at a company where all of the business logic is in oracle PL/SQL procedures.
The only other technology they use is .NET and that's only used to call those procedures and display shit on frontend, that's it.
Their whole frontend is nothing but asp.net in razor pages too

>I work in at a company where all of the business logic is in oracle PL/SQL procedures.
God I'm getting sick just thinking about this.

Attached: 2.jpg (768x624, 157K)

it's just as awful as it sounds
it's absurd how much they're paying for hardware performance boosts from oracle

I hate myself for not being able to answer this question.
The last few years my view on this whole field got unbelievably skewed.
I honestly don't know of anything else I could work on that isn't website and web products, especially enterprise.
There's like maybe one or two job postings at a given time here that aren't related to some enterprise stuff or web solutions and they mostly look for people with real experience.
Even if I were to practice on my own I don't know how to prepare for real world situations
>want to get out
>too scared to do it
it just never ends

>hard way
learn to do something else
>easy way
start having a lot of fun that the customer didn't ask for and nobody will ever hire you to do webshit again

>easiest way

Attached: vnw2r3477mxz.jpg (700x740, 55K)

It sounds like the work isn't challenging enough right now. If you really don't know what you want to do and hate webdev work, then consider going back for a graduate degree.

I'm getting my master's in a month or so, just waiting for thesis presentation date
I've no idea how to continue now though

Have you been going to job fairs? Ask people who graduated ahead of you what they're working on.

seems like a lot of them end up doing what I mentioned I'm trying to avoid. Even people graduating from the more prestigous schools

What's your problem with enterprise development? It's comfy

see , that is not comfy
faking to be a big corporate family is not comfy
having to deal with useless bullshit meetings and wasting your time traveling to other cities is not comfy
working overtime nearly all the time is not comfy