/spg/ - Smartphone General

ACCC Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: top-logo[1].png (800x131, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

accc.gov.au/system/files/public-registers/undertaking/1204776-1-87B Undertaking - BXT International Limited - signed 12 December 2017.PDF
gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Story behind ACCC Edition
>order oneplus 7 pro from bcextech
>site makes no mention of chink version with int rom
>ask support about the model
>dear friend, model the model is international
>feelsgoodman
>phone arrived today
>welcome memo in box is in chinese
>model number GM1910
>email support
>dear friend, please check website, we clearly stated
>chinks have edited the description after i told them
>look up bcextech on google
>ACCC has already taken them to court over issues in 2017
baka my head rn tbqhwyf

See page 20
accc.gov.au/system/files/public-registers/undertaking/1204776-1-87B Undertaking - BXT International Limited - signed 12 December 2017.PDF

The Xiaomi Mi Max 3 is on special for $380 AUD, should I get it?

What can ya'll tell me about this phone?

Seems breddy gud value for money;
>6.9inch screen
>5500mAh battery
>good quick charge

>buying from no physical store "australian" retailers
youd have to be a fool to do this, theres not a single one thats trustworthy. Theyre all chinese fuckheads who need to be purged

>xi confirmed to have a 20% larger battery
Aight with that iPhone will have the longest on screen time of all. Fuck the pixel 4, then.

True. Chang got back to me and said I can return it for a full refund. Do I return the Chinese edition and fork out another 200 extra for the international model or just live with it?

Keep in mind it doesn't have full 4G band support. I regularly do rural travel so I need full band support, otherwise I would've got the k20. Visit Oz towers and check the bands of towers near you if you're in a regional area. If you're in a metro area don't even worry about what I just said.

Attached: Screenshot_20190618-193952_Firefox.jpg (1440x2960, 536K)

Got my K20 Pro today. Have to wait a week to unlock the bootloader. Ree.

Is the chink version gimped?

>*ting ting ting*
>*ehem*
>FUCK slabshit
>FUCK chink slabshit
>FUCK no 3.5mm
>but most importantly FUCK non-tactile input methods

Attached: Fxtec-Pro1-Homescreen-006-1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

I'm interested in the Redmi K20 Pro.

From what I understand it's the Chinese version?

According to Kimovil it supports most of the Aussie coverage bands so I should be able to use it here no problem.

It uses Android 9.0 but with Xiaomi's own MIUI thing over the top yeah? Is it in Chinese or do they have English and Google Play connectivity?

If it doesn't, does it need to be reflashed with a custom ROM or something?

i just bought the redmi note 7 and wtf why are my notifications disappearing?

Attached: bf6.jpg (456x628, 22K)

Got mine today. Lacking band 28 will only be noticed in rural areas or inside SOME buildings (very thick walls, like thick concrete). The stock ROM is in English too, but it's a little shit for usability and Google services have to be added (and it won't sync my google contacts), wasn't hard though. Seems Miui EU ROMS will work for both the K20 Pro and upcoming 9T Pro, so stock 9T Pro might work too when that's available (seems July). I hear the 9T Pro will be more expensive than the K20 Pro too.

this actually looks pretty nice. Im using a BB key one right now, but wanted something I can install ungoogled android on. Was considering the new Asus phone or going full autism with the gemini PDA.

This look cool though. Anyone here actually have one of these?

They haven't begun shipping yet, apparently, it's still on pre order

yeah im dumb and figured that out after posting. i might buy it once it comes out. thanks to whoever posted it

Coming from a Oneplus 3T that also lacked band 28, so I never had any issues with it, even rural.

Damn that sucks about the OS, maybe I will pass on it.

Oh so the Mi 9T Pro is still confirmed? Do we have a timeframe for it yet?

So my Nexus 5X has finally given up the ghost. A year after bootlooping and patching the large cores the thing has finally failed.

Any recommendations for a replacement? Preferably similar specs but with addition of a microSD slot if possible.

Yeah i am also looking out for this to come out, but i am not gonna fall for the pre order meme. It's either gonna be fxtec with Lineage installed or maybe Librem 5

???

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

What phone has the best oled/amoled screen?

Probably Samsung phones

It's implied by various leaks and hints for mid July, but there's still no confirmation.

How is this allowed ? I heard it was like 400$ in China.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-18-15-40-14-036_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.png (1080x2160, 383K)

>look at the specs for this thing
>has pretty much everything aside from the latest Snapdragon and the battery is also not that big
Not bad, not bad. Too bad a QWERTY layout is still not optimal enough to play emulators with.

What are you even talking about? And no, your iPhones were neve even close to having the best battery life.
gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3

gsmarena got their hands on the unreleased xi?
kys pajeet

Not from what I've read. But I'm not 100% certain hence the question

Oh that's neat.

I'm hoping my phone can survive for that amount of time

Thanks bud

iphones notoriously have shit battery life

both in terms of screen time, and the fact that in 6 months time you will need to replace the battery because it's fucking died

So I will replace it because I'm not retarded. Also xr beats many a lagdroids with lots more mah and xi will have way more mAh than the xr

buy a nokia 4.2

Attached: nokiaaaaaa.png (591x691, 309K)

>hello yes sir here's $1000 for the phone
>hello yes sir here's $250 for the new battery replacement in 6 months time
>hello yes sir here's another $250 for a screen replacement in 1 years time
>hello yes sir why is my phone super laggy and non responsive after 18 months?
>oh I should buy a new iPhone, yes sir!

>he pays 250 for apple battery replacements
Oohh yikes, I suspected I was talking to a retard but this is something else! You also make it sound like you don't make the replacement yourself... You do... Don't you....?

buy a pixel 3

BASED and BOARDPILLED

I'll consider a pixel 4 if the xi disappoints me. 1k+ android phones microstuttering even after 4.2 jelly Bean project butter makes me sick to my stomach and I was rused for the last time I bought a Samsung. I hear the pixel lineup has a smoother experience.

>4.2 jelly Bean project
>using a Samsung in the touch wiz era
it's you fault for buying a samsung in the 4.X era
android has improved leaps and bounds after the 4.X versions

Attached: 1547933180268.png (838x720, 295K)

Is the Xiaomi Mi Max 3 any good?

It's fine if you want a fuckhuge phone but if that's not a requirement you can probably find something with better specs and that isn't over a year old.

>notch
*barf*

Friendly reminder:
If you actually buy notchshit, you're encouraging them to make more notchshit. You're no better than a filthy normie and you should promptly commit suicide.

Isn't any phone from a chinese company compromised? Not saying western ones aren't either. What's the best I can hope for in terms on phone security?

this.
Also this. The only choice is essentially this: to whomstve do you want to sell your info to - the NSA, or the C-NSA?

i would sell my data to Spurdo Spärde

I myself will be selling it to the MI-6

Is there any reason Pajeets care so much about benchmark scores even though they don't actually reflect real world use?

the same reasons why non-pajeets care about benchmark scores

autism, loserdom and virginity

Sooo this thing just came out and looks fucking sexy. OP7 Pro with a better camera and shitter UI. Worth twice the price of the K20 Pro? Fuck it's hard to buy a phone.

Attached: oppo reno.png (980x748, 440K)

How much did you pay for it? Been wanting to get the K20 Pro, but wondering if the price will come down to what it's supposed to be soonish.

Is MIUI that bad?

lawl oppo still makes phones?

Perceived value. Obsession and lacking prioritization (no experience, cant simulate, cant compare, short sighted, cant remember).

>or dont care or care too much for something.

what did he mean by this?

>Isn't any phone from a chinese company compromised?
How so? Software telemetry is a thing and I don't think that classifies as a legitimate compromise, because there is a way to do something about that. Evidence of any hardware backdoor simply doesn't exist.
>Not saying western ones aren't either.
There are no "western phones". Forget "designed in California" and all that. Even Motorolas are no longer manufactured in the US. Maybe some irrelevant entry level carrier phones are, but those are hardly usable and relevant.
>What's the best I can hope for in terms on phone security?
An Android phone with a custom ROM, microG, a firewall, an ad blocker and as much FOSS apps as possible.
Also for:

Guys where do i buy k20pro without getting scammed? I love you all btw.

>t.glow in the dark

Carrier: MetroPCs
Features: Decent camera, 8GB Ram, 128GB/250GB or SD Slot
Budget: $500-$700

Looking for a phone that will be able to handle me playing max settings for my weeb mobile gacha games, and a decent camera. Any suggestions?

Attached: 70912367_p0.png (815x1304, 674K)

If you live in the US, (it's compatible with most US carriers, even Verizon) no.
If you live anywhere else, still no. The Reno 10X Zoom has great hardware but like you said it has a shittier UI.

Zenfone 6, Note 9, 3a XL, Moto Z4

>3a XL
>64GB, 4GB Ram

Nice bullshit non-response. Yeah, I'm glowing in the dark of whatever when I told you how to best avoid that.

looking to replace a g5+, mostly using for music and web surfing
>headphone jack
>expandable memory

thoughts on newest motorollas, lg g7?

OPPO is one of the largest phone manufacturers.

Attached: 829D69EF-D3E8-44A7-8B28-B176C83D5BE7.jpg (480x600, 46K)

WHEN THE FUCK IS THE MI 9T GOING TO BE AVAILABLE IN AMAZON USA
FUCK

I THANK YOU GOD FOR TODAY

Something like the RN7 but without notch? is the RN5 good?

Hey all, I live in Tennessee and have boost mobile. You guys recommended teh ZTE warp elite to me in 2016 and it has worked fine since then, except it is kind of a piece of shit now. I liked how I payed like 100 bucks for it and it has a decent camera but storage is kind of shit.
Anyways I am looking for a new phone in the near future, budget about 100-120 bucks preferably, and I like a bigger phone like the zte warp elite. Any ideas?

what
s a good price for an lg v30? is ebay a safe option for a refurb unit?

i just bought this one but used

Attached: 72838-phones-review-blackberry-curve-9320-image2-ebOVqASvwU.jpg (970x643, 187K)

im considering getting the huawei p30 pro

but to be honest compared to you guys i dont know shit about phones please tell me some pros and cons

i want it mainly because the camera is awesome and i dont like samsung or apple

>Camera is awesome

You fell for the marketing meme

Never, xiaomi doesnt sell in the US

So it's becoming clear that the ZenFone is a dud. Way too many issues, no stock anywhere and radio silence from ASUS.

What's the next best alternative? The K20?

/sqt/?
If I get a phone myself, like on Amazon, and bring it to my carrier, will it auto-update and shit, basically act normally?
I know it's a dumb question, but I've never got a phone from anywhere but the Sprint store.

Samsung.

Is there an easy way to transfer old texts between phones. Just switched from an s7 to note 9 today

alright , anons i need your help
i've never been too big on smartphones and now i'm in need of new phone
my 3 options are: samsung a40, iphone 7 and iphone7+

which one of those would you choose ?

Attached: image.png (465x437, 155K)

best cost/performance phones without notch?

samsung kies or samsung something, two programs to do it. Look em up.

used/refurb/unused S7, pocophone, asus zenfone 6 and so on.

Why are there no good phones anymore?

>If I get a phone myself, like on Amazon, and bring it to my carrier, will it auto-update and shit, basically act normally?
Why would you bring your phone to your carrier exactly? Do you mean for them to make a new SIM card or something?
>but I've never got a phone from anywhere but the Sprint store.
Oh, you poor naive sod... You've basically been paying what every phone you bought was worth, but two years after its release if you've been buying through carriers exclusively.

Use a backup tool and transfer that file to your USB stick using an OTG cable and you know the rest. Or swap SD cards and copy the needed SMS backup file.

Poco F1 or Pixel 3a?????

I'm in Canada.

It's not even out yet you dumb doomsayer

any decent phone with removable battery?

Lg stylo 3 user here. paid 150. its got ok everything. is a little too slow for my liking though.. some call it a "phablet" due to size

>t.glow in the dark cia nigger

I mean if I buy a phone online it doesn't just magically work, I assume I'd have to take it to the store for a sim or something. Right?
My question is does it update and work normally or do I have to update it myself?
>You've basically been paying what every phone you bought was worth
So? I paid what the phone was worth.
You've only confused me more and didn't answer anything.

no.

so galaxy S5 is my only option since idk how to cut a fixed one

pretty much. removable batteries are not coming back.

>If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.
Hey Jow Forums, greetings from /vp/.
>USA
>AT&T
>I'd like under $800 or close to, but whatever
Features:
>I want it to just work man, I'm sick of shit lag fill UI and phones. Smooth user experience.
>play basic bitch games like Pokémon GO smoothly
>decent camera
>SD Card unless there's a ton of internal space
>headphone jack wanted, but not needed
Other:
>no iPhone
>no chink

I've been lurking and using links in the OP.
>Galaxy S10e
>Razer Phone 2
>Zenfone 6
That's what I came up with, thoughts?
I'm open to other ideas too.

Thanks.

Zenfone 5

>I mean if I buy a phone online it doesn't just magically work, I assume I'd have to take it to the store for a sim or something. Right?
Well, no. Why would you take a phone you bought off of Amazon to your carrier to fix? Still have no clue what exactly you're talking about and I don't think you do either.
>You've basically been paying what every phone you bought was worth
>So? I paid what the phone was worth
Yeah, but only if you skipped the unpleasant part.
>You've basically been paying what every phone you bought was worth, but two years after its release

oppo f1 2016 still going strong

Attached: 1558869359692.png (819x827, 302K)

MI9T or wait for A3

when will A3 come out?