Should I buy a Mi Box?

Should I buy a Mi Box?

Attached: mibox.jpg (500x500, 24K)

just get a hdmi-cable faggot

these things are like a russian doll of botnets

Keep in mind on Jow Forums, everything is a fucking tinfoil hat botnet conspiracy.

No, get the Nvidia Shield TV instead.

Just connect an old laptop/desktop gou no longer use, dumb zoomer.

>bigguy4u

Attached: Untitled.png (661x660, 115K)

Really loving the orange box that tries to pass itself off as an Amazon Fire product.

No.
If you want get either
1. Chromecast 2nd Gen
2. H96 Pro Plus
3. Nvidia Shield

whats wrong with chromecast 3rd gen?

Not much improvement over 2nd gen, and 2nd gen can be found cheaper now.
But I really like the 1st gen design.

No.

it's fine if you're running at 1080, but then so would an old laptop.

I got one when they first started selling them in the states, in those orange boxes. was nice at first but after a few years and some android tv updates it lags pretty bad if you run it at 4k

The shield is a meme "android gaming box"
Get the mi for official android tv box
Or the t95q for a cheapo unofficial box but good hardware
Note the t95q and every other chink tvbox only come with the tablet version of android and font have netflix hd, still great kodi boxes for your tv

I suppose it is okay if the company itself does it and you okay the TOS/EULA.

Attached: Untitled.png (643x330, 10K)

Xiaomi is based, and anything but botnet.

lol ,how retarded are you?

I consider xiaomi to be at the level of any other major phone manufacturer when it comes to botnet
they don't have strong ties with the chinese gov, so no need to worry about chinese backdoors, but they're not botnet free tho

I want something to be a kodi box, with libreelec, of course Lineageos would be nicer

Anything you can recommend for UHD remux playback?
I tried ordering once and got scammed by chinks, then I spontaneusly got a OPi3 and it doesn't have a proper linux kernel still
So all this hunting has been shit for me

They're based as thet allow bootloader unlocking
But i don't know if they do that for tv boxes as well

Comes in this shitty box only for burger market tho.

every Chinese company is run in part by the communist Chinese government. no one company is more free than any other

Better buy Xbox one

>every Chinese company is run in part by the communist Chinese government.
true
>no one company is more free than any other
not really

If you are on the US just buy a Roku or a Nvidia Shield.

I love my Xiaomi phone but all smartphones are botnets.

i have two. but granted i use it with an iptv service that runs on android so i have a use for them. if you just want to watch your youtube and shit on a tv get a cable

This.
H96 best price / performance

No cast support though.

>hdmi
Disgusting proprietary garbage. Use display port.

Anything with intel, amd, or arm is a botnet. So what’s your point.

it has android tv so there is that nothing on this price range has it

plus it doesnt even sweats on 4k renders everything it has a small problem with the wifi during streaming

on the downside in the summer that shit gets hot
really hot

this

the only things that bothers me is the fact that i need to sideload apps some times and 90% of the launchers dont even work properly

plus i suggest you buy also a Riitek Rii mini i8 for it

No, there are better options out there, with newer processors, more ram and storage.

Attached: aunt.webm (554x402, 52K)

>new cpus
irrelevant
>more ram
also irrelevant on a straming kit
>storage
yeah i bet storage matters the most on a STREAMING box

Get an intel stick or a single board computer and install android 86x on it then kodi. Guaranteed to run better than than what you posted

>>new cpus
>irrelevant
No, it's not irrelevant, you do want to watch your anime waifus in the best quality possible don't you?

buy smart tv and forget about boxes

tfw have a smart tv that can connect to netflix, i instead plug it into a regular linux box and torrent anything i want to watch onto there

got one and then realized that it does everything my laptop does, just worse

Lol.

you do realise that this is android tv ye?
that means it was specifically optimise to watch up to 4k on every god damn codec

I got my parents one and they like it a lot, seems to work just fine as a netflix/youtube machine.
That being said their TV is 1080p, I heard it gets slow on 4K (which it advertises it's capable of) but I can't confirm or deny it for myself.
Also has this weird thing where when it wakes up from suspension it's laggy as hell and you have to restart it, I just set the fucker never to go to sleep through the dev settings and it seems to do the trick.

>Also has this weird thing where when it wakes up from suspension it's laggy as hell and you have to restart it, I just set the fucker never to go to sleep through the dev settings and it seems to do the trick.

upgrade it and its fine

as for the 4k it all depends on the monitor its capable on delivering 60fps but good luck finding such a tv

you can watch torented files on smart tv with emby, plex, kodi, etc ...

right but why use a smart tv bullshit when i can have a regular ass computer and do more

xiaomi mi box is what every android based smart tv already have installed

actually I use pc with emby theatre + mpc + madvr
but using smart tv (android tv) is simplification

if given the option between a tv remote and a mouse and keyboard to use while i couch potato out, i'd choose mouse and keyboard every time

>In January 2017, Nvidia unveiled a refreshed version of the 16 GB Shield.
>A remote control is now bundled, as well as an updated controller with an always-on microphone.
>always-on microphone
Jesus fucking christ, is there a single one of those things that isn't a gigantic botnet? I was almost ready to put up with the latest Roku but piece of shit was forcing me to enter billing address and payment method even though I had no intention of using any paid services on it.

I use Flirc and apple remote (any remote can be used) for pc with emby and emby is set to start up automatically when pc start so I don’t even need mouse and keyboard

intradasting

Well, there are better things now, not to mention that Xiaomi's hardware is quite outdated.

No. Mibox uses Amlogic S905 which is very old. There's been S912 and S922 since which are significantly better.

I personally use a Vontar Z8 Arc flashed to Android TV. Much faster

Just connect your TV to your pc.

Should I pay money to join another botnet?

do these sorts of devices even have a point anymore now that most tvs are smarttvs and capable of streaming from your computer with all your media on it?

Can I put KODI on these?

What option supports Prime video?

yes,android tv box is the way to go!

I'm currently using a generic $35 chinese box and it's amazing
netflix only works at 720p but i don't mind, I mostly use Kodi with elementum to stream torrents

totally worth it

What are the latest and greatest chinkbox CPU's?

I really wish someone would make a ROM that respects your freedom with these chinkboxes which could be used as a botnet.

>freedom
the firestick calls home way more than any chinkbox so calm your tits with the tinfoil hat

also, there are plenty custom roms for many boxes on freaktab

firestick 4k and then change the launcher.

firestick is crippled, you can't even download files without a dedicated app, must "sideload" other apps, it's literally spyware

fuck the firestick

all this cope and seethe

>all this cope
coping with what? besides the laggy bug which was fixed on the update the box is literally the best thing you can buy on that price range that has official support from google

good luck finding ANYTHING else besides chromecast which is severally restricted

Can't you install Kodi on it and plug in a 8tb hdd?

it has one usb port
obviously you need a sub that also has an ethernet port
but slapping a hard disk is stupid its better to buy a small basic nas like a buffalo ls 220 to act as a file server than this

Ah, so you're poor, thanks for letting us know.

They are debuting a new Nvidia shield this very week
It's the best streaming box by far
You win either buying the old one for cheap or buying the new one that comes with Pie

TVs don't have displayport.

OPi3 is a singleboard, but it has an arm based H6 processor, which the fellows at armbian haven't solved yet, so it's unstable.
My own fault for not looking that fact up before buying.

I am curious about these intel sticks you mentioned, but i would need a modern one, so I could watch HDR content, as even my i7 is one generation too old to have support for HDR.

I would like something that could be controlled remotely, with a phone, IR or a bluetooth controller and that would have an optical audio output, as the shitty samsung TV os doesn't allow volume control for Optical out
Also what's even more shitty is that samshit cheaped out on DTS support, so to enjoy HDR content that has DTS audio, i have to spend half an hour remuxing the audio if I want to play it natively on my telly

If you are a remote kind of dude, go for it, but if you don't mind having a menu, chrome cast 4k is the best thing on the market in terms of compat and price

>another riitek fag here

and here i thought im the only one

Take the purple pill.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-19-01-31-33~2.png (1177x1807, 312K)

mi box includes chromecast

wait until something that can play AV1 4K 60 fps

80% of the idiots here reply without even knowning about it

Of course it has it.
Because it runs Android TV.

60 fps for what ?

>wait till av1

>wait
i bet you use intel too

Give me one reason to get one of these boxes when I have a 4k Chromecast and can stream 4k movies and photos from the nas locally with Plex?

what if one doesn't have a NAS?

Then I would stream the content from my regular PC instead... But I'm looking to be convinced here and I have a nas.

unless you travel much a chromecast is useless

plus you know with a riitek on your side you can actually USE every single sideloaded app you want

Mmm okay but say my Philips tv has Android TV. What reason then should I buy one for.

>Give me one reason to get one of these boxes
Ultimatewhitecream.

unless you have some very expensive ones with a good cpu that can handle 4k 60fps...

pic related is better
>much better specs
>usb 3.0
>Ethernet port
it has shittier remore though(basic IR remote), but its surprisingly cheaper so even if you add decent remote or wireless mouse or whatever you prefer to it its about the same price.

Attached: T95Q-4GB-64GB-Android-8-1-LPDDR4-Amlogic-S905X2-TV-BOX-Quad-Core-2-4G-5GHz.jpg (1000x1000, 98K)

that shit might actually be a part of their botnet. you're better off getting a sbc like raspberry pi or something and attaching hdd to it.

>not really
money drives these companies. guess where all the money is these days?

so you know what armbian is. just look up what sbcs they support, read some reviews about them and buy one. i have orange pi zero and it's pretty good although i only use it to host icecast which i listen to at work.

you do understand that we are talking about streaming boxes right?

both run android, whats the difference?

no
one has android tv
the other has android
there is a difference

same shit different package. there are android TV custom roms available for all S905x2 devices too(inc. t95q).

Do these boxes run linux?

no android

Android TV has cast support.

But can it run Linux?

why do I need cast support when I watch shit directly from the box? Why do I need to mirror my fucking phone when the box already runs android? From my experience chromecast either works perfectly or not at all, and it only works 1/3 of the time.

no idea, very unlikely