Why do you hate it so much?

Why do you hate it so much?

Attached: image.png (246x291, 26K)

python is basically impossible to love. it's the "second best programming language at everything" and only really stands out in that it's popular and has huge momentum and libraries behind it.
once you try a few more modern and beautiful languages python is just disappointing. it's slow, it's not that elegant, it can be messy. but it's really useful and it's everywhere. it's just hard to love something for being like that.

I'm not a slav you fuckhead

Because Jow Forums is either unemployed or in pajeeIT

Python is the language used when you actually have a job and need readable code that you can write fast, but where latency isn't a big deal

>it's slow, it's not that elegant, it can be messy

If you are shit at python then all these are true

Its the best language for machine learning even if its frameworks arent designed in it

>it's slow
I fucking seethe everytime i see this shit

Not only you can just use PyPy or Cython to speed up the parts that you need but fucking writing 3/4 of the program in python and the 1/4 performant code you need in C++ is fast as fuck cause creating a dll library is 3 clicks in any IDE and basically you faggots just cry over nothing kys

yea that's definitely true, python is by far the leading ML language now

if you're good at python then only the first three are true

ehkem

for i in range(1000):
the fact that this used to generate a list of 1000 numbers and iterate over them just shows how niggerlicious this language is

>python is fast as long as you just call other languages with python and don't use python
that's cool

Better than 1...

Looking at you Rust

imagine not being haskell and supporting infinite lazy recursion with everything

Whats the problem bitch cant write in C++

alright you're right I give up, C++ is much better than python

It is but it can be slow to write in so you combine both and you have the pefect combination

C++ for the code, Python for the documentation

crinfe, your hate for python is unwarranted

or you could use a language that has both speed and elegant code instead of python which has neither

What language has the speed of C++ and the ease of writing and libraries of Python

Python

Attached: 1480540420690.jpg (562x527, 61K)

C

julia has both speed and ease of writing. it just doesn't have libraries. but you weren't arguing about libraries, you're trying to argue that python is a fast language because you can call fast languages from python.

>julia

Literally fucking who

Scala?

Attached: received_10204087755431886_0.jpg (440x348, 31K)

>R: 26
>No one appreciate beautiful slugs instead of snakes

cool lang for thinking people

Because Julia beats it in every way.

except julia has no libraries and it's actually losing users

>be a physics scientist, you need to test something fast, and write a function that is the equation you discovered that iterates millions of time with giant txt files some equipement gathered

is python more practical in that case if the scientist don't care about waiting 6h instead of 0.000001 sec with c++, as he's very busy?

honest question

You just know this ghoul is American

>if the scientist don't care about waiting 6h instead of 0.000001 sec with c++
More like doesnt care about a maybe 50% boost in speed

Julia is ok but the tooling is not nearly as good, and its just an overall weird language to be honest. I prefer cython to julia, but I think julia has a good future if they get some high quality libraries

Julia is slow to compile
> RIP JIT

Pypy is actually slow to start up though

3.8 should speed it up a bit

>cython
Have they fixed half of pythons libraries not working on it or not

Except for people actually using it lmao

>have to wait 5 seconds for script to run instead of 4 seconds

You're right, let me just redo this in C++ for the next six weeks

Kind of this

I like their approach to dataframes but the choice of END everywhere like Ruby/Lua is fucking bizarre

Jewgle Go

>libraries

Sure, it doesn't have a gazillion libraries but it's got most areas covered. Why do you need 1200 different libraries that do the same thing?

All kinds of things that should be simple are written with this abomination, causing ridiculous levels of bloat.
Try running khal on a Pi Zero, for example.

why would you fucking use a Pi Zero in 2 0 1 9

For high performance embedded projects, you fucking snakefucker.

But there are 3 things there

second it

Also. We don't need to download half of the internet to install a single library like it happens on ruby or nodejs

Way more power, storage, and memory then an Arduino or a SMT32. Enough RAM that you can code in things like Java, Python, or C#.
The fuck you think retard?

That's why we always had xrange.

pypy is great once the jit has warmed up.

As someone getting into node more I finally understand all the screeching about package sizes.