Rust

Is them a good language to learn as a newbie?

Attached: ferris.gif (540x540, 605K)

Nah but thats because it may suddently dissapear in a year as its still young and we dont know if it will be adopted or not, generally for first languages i'd learn something that has no chance of going away for the next years, something like Java, C#, Python, C++, JS

rust is a fad.

if youre not quite sure of your gender and pointers are too hard its a great option

I heard that it forces you to use good programming habits and once you learn how to program, picking up another language is pretty easy. I figured it would be for me to be railroaded into good practices even if the language drops off.

Python is your safest bet as a newbie. Rust is a powerful language but throws too much features upfront at newcomers (generics, macros, traits, references and ownership system, etc.), could be overwhelming if you have no prior experience with these kind of concepts from other easier to grasp languages.

This user gets it

Always start with C

>I heard that it forces you to use good programming habits
The only language like that is C, because it will wreck your computer if you program wrong

this

Write code instead of asking question, pick up anything and start writing code. The only way is up codemonkey.

No. It is an amateur shit-tier language like Ruby.

Learn Scheme and Haskell first. Then Scala. Then you will realizes.

Python and Go are also OK.

Any language with a good enough intro book is good for newbies, Rust has one for free on their website, and tons of material to use as reference so it's easy to get into.

why not. the language is easy and you won't need to waste time on dealing with confusing bullshits that C and C++ are riddled with

Did you recently start HRT? Tell us when you started having these thoughts

1. Learn C
2. Learn Python
3. Learn C++

>no C in the list
Fuck off

then why is majority of C code utter garbage

>Any language with a good enough intro book is good for newbies
this really

Rust idioms aren't really transferable to other languages so you're learning it for its sake. It has little hidden bullshit surprises though, like most modern languages, so it's alright for a beginner. I'd recommend starting with C#, it's designed just as logically and you'll become familiar with a lot of paradigms so it'll be easy to jump to many other languages, and it's a complete package - no need to search for third party libraries, tools, editors, etc.

BASED

> redox
Is it would installing