Void/Arch/Gentoo

Which of these are you using and why?

Attached: distros.jpg (1280x720, 389K)

The Jow Forumsood: Gentoo
The bad: Void
The ugly: Arch

Arch because it has decent documentation, the AUR and I don't need to compile everything from scratch and waste time.

Also it never breaks for me anyway, I infrequently have broken packages but I've never once had an update break my xorg or anything serious.

Void and Gentoo both

Been using Arch for like 9 years now. I have no reason to stop.

inb4 le epin "lmao archfags btfo" but Arch + Xfce is what made me stick to Linux and it never gave me a reason to switch
unlike all these busy CEOs on Jow Forums, I don't mind sparing a couple hours to get everything working on the rare occasion when I have to reinstall my OS

This is an arch appreciation thread now

I use Ubuntu

Attached: Uhuh.jpg (902x706, 107K)

void because i got tired of having to wait for my computer to boot/shutdown with arch

Void, because it just works.

NixOS, because it has an awesome community.
Btw I use NixOS.

What's up my nix bro

Attached: 2019-06-18-183255_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 267K)

You don't mind exposing yourself to pozzed (unaudited) packages either because you sure as fuck never check what's inside them.

Arch, because I'm not autistic enough to compile everything, but autistic enough to be bothered with outdated packages

arch but i'm gonna change to debian lul

used to be an arch user but took the nix pill and left it.
But out of those three, yeah arch is easily the best.

Gentoo with musl. Its like void but with software other than gnu coreutils.

Arch, void, *insert whatever distro here* are all the same. The only one that is any different is Gentoo. Install Gentoo.

Is there a distro that comes with everything preinstalled that you need to boot it and get a wireless connection, including a minimal desktop environment with a minimal browser in case you have to authenticate with a captive portal, but doesn't come with literally anything else, not even a package manager, and you're expected to treat it like LFS but with a starting point?

mx, because slack which i need for my job works whereas on void it doesn't.

that sounds stupid but you can definetly do that with nixos. The way it works is you tell it what you want the os to have and it just does it. I'd guess your specific configuration would be like 10 lines only

>ponyos

Pentoo, so technically Gentoo with the Pentoo overlay, because I'm a pentester that outgrew Kali

gentoo

because i like pain

I'd really like to try Void for the newer libc and libressl out the box but I after investing the time in configuring Gentoo I can't justify moving to slower binary packages. Besides, in the time it'll take for Void to have decent repo's, the newer built in features of Void will come to Gentoo. Libressl is almost there already.

Debian.

>textbook baby duck syndrome
>OH NO NO NO don‘t call me names

Attached: E9A3FAFC-C185-4B96-AEA5-30AA49FF0C4D.png (522x747, 210K)

gentoo since it still has a working init system that isn't systemd, or at least that's what I say now. I did it initially just for the meme (6+ years ago) but why change from what works

Gentoo is actually my favorite out of all the distros I've tried, but my hardware sucks ass right now so compile times are tedious. So I'm on debian because void has too little in its repos and arch is literally plebbit: the operating system. Thinking of switching to sid but I've heard mixed things about "unstable" ranging from it "being super serious and only for real hackermen" to the whole fucking thing being a meme regurgitated by retards.
When I get a better PC though, it's Gentoo all the way, baby. the AUR ain't got shit on USE flags.

Attached: 1560381219765.jpg (750x750, 140K)

Does arch support waylands?

sudo poweroff --force

arch because its the lowest maintenance desktop OS

Used arch a while ago, broke multiple times so fuck that shit. Used gentoo after for a while and it's a waste of time to both install and maintain. void is what i'm using currently and it's comfy, no problems so far.

Nixos, because its all around based and saves me at least 30 minutes a day of bullshit.

Void because i like installing binary packages rather compiling, but i also don't only wanna use binary packages so stuff like dmenu and programs i know i want to know the location for easy customization i will compile manually.