Has anyone else noticed this?

This is gonna sound crazy, but...

I don't know if it's just me getting older, hormones, or a mental illness, but...

Has anyone else noticed a significant change in your ability to feel "alive" after the 2000s ended? I'm 25 and the clearest and best memories I have are before 2011. Its not like I just miss being a kid or anything like that. Its not the same feeling. I legit feel a dullness in my consciousness.

It's been eating at me that maybe this has something to do with the political climate. Maybe something in the water. Maybe social media. It feels as if something changed. Like I'm half asleep and in autopilot. Almost as if I'm under some sort of trance or mind control. My will to live and inspiration is pretty much gone. I've been angry and irritable over dumb shit. Its been this way for almost 10 years.

I don't take any medication or use drugs. I don't drink, I sleep well and have no history of mental illness.

Like I said I feel like this may be a conspiracy. The world seemed to crash into this new way of life right after that.

Has anyone else noticed this or should I just go to the doctor?

Attached: 160903-Rohrlich-cloak-and-dagger-mind-control-tease_t3nqxq.jpg (2560x1707, 823K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/depersonalization-derealization-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20352911
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's called getting older OP and you probably are a little mentally ill especially if you ended up here

How old were you when it started

glad someone is mentioning this. i feel like i grew immensely smarter but my ability to feel is almost nil. i am numb in all ways but my mind has become computer-like in it's ability to calculate and deduce...but has lost its humanity.

also i used to love animals and value human life and love and stuff...
now i am a psychopath. i've become analogous to sv3rige on youtube.

>Learn to give.
>Ask for nothing in return.
>?????????
>Life restored

2 EZ

Attached: 2BEAB702-D3AC-4A66-95BD-E51F89EB4BA2.jpg (717x760, 379K)

Do you connect with those?

A sense of detachment or estrangement from your own thoughts, feelings, or body: “I know I have feelings but I don’t feel them”

Feeling split into two parts, with one going through the motions of participating in the world and one observing quietly: “There is this body that walks around and somebody else just watches”

Feeling as if you have an “unreal” or absent self: “I have no self”

Experiencing the world as distant, dreamlike, foggy, lifeless, colorless, artificial, like a picture with no depth, or less than real

Being absorbed in yourself and experiencing a compulsive self-scrutiny or extreme rumination

Having an ongoing and coherent dialogue with yourself

Feeling like a veil or glass wall separates you from the world

Emotional or physical numbness, such as a feeling of having a head filled with cotton

Lacking a sense of agency – feeling flat, robotic, dead, or like a “zombie”

Inability to imagine things

Being able to think clearly, but feeling as if some essential quality is lacking from your thoughts or experience of the world

A sense of disconnectedness from life, impeding you from creative and open involvement with the world

I feel this exact same way. I always assumed it was because I took Adderall in college and fucked my brain up.

Welcome to life as a farm animal. Now that your childhood process is complete, you will be living the same routine days on repeat for the foreseeable future.

Attached: 1537120019261.png (459x535, 215K)

yes, what is wrong with me user?

Attached: 1479692741823.jpg (800x800, 430K)

mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/depersonalization-derealization-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20352911

You caught Epstein Barr virus.
It fucks your immune system and your mind.

Attached: 1545028760460.jpg (720x504, 91K)

Delete this

like 2010?

Nah. You're probably just a Doomer. Most people on Jow Forums have hobbies, which is why even when life is utterly shit we can remove ourselves from it.

probably all the wireless signals ?

Benign tumor in the middle of your brain, probably.

It feels like our culture is bottoming out. This reflects in the individual.

Your brain has only just finished maturing at 25, you're at the age where not much novel will happen again, everything is some kind of repetition of something you've already experienced and so your memory becomes more iconic, you brain remembers less specific details about events and instead uses abstracted representations. Largely because what your brain does in terms of perception is massively filter out everything that's not important or relevant to you achieving your day to day goals so increasingly that all becomes a grey undefined blur.

Also life when you're little is very goal orientated, it's laid out for you, so school, friends, then highschool/college/uni and then job hunting or starting a career, but when you're 25 most of that is done and you're kind of adrift and it's easy to just tread water not really going anywhere.

What goals do you have in life, do you have things you want to achieve and if so are you making any progress towards those goals?

When you say things like something in the water, or mention conspiracy they come across as markers for anxiety bordering on paranoia.

Congrats you have arrived at seething mass status. You now live in the abyss and basic human function has been frozen in the ancestral memory section of your DNA.

I feel this too sometimes. Try an ice cold shower or logic puzzles like sudoku or learning some maths. Works ok for me

You want to feel?
Climb mountains
Fly para gliders or microlight aircraft
Ride motocross
Do other adrenaline promoting activities
We evolved to run after game: do it. Chase down a wild pig or deer and kill it with a bow and arrow.

I skate occasionally
Act in haunted houses
I go to horror conventions and do some prop making but its few and far between.

But even working a $18 an hour job full time with some supplement from a side gig working stagehand work my funds are limited. Its pretty hard to get together that kinda cash.

The internet has been a great disrupter in the world by making movies and music more easily stolen, music and movies pre-2010 were a lot greater part of pop culture. Also spending time on the computer has been shown to correlate with shittier life satisfaction and energy and over the years that is only getting more what people do.

Also, there's no mountains where I live.