The difference between debian/centos users and users of other linux distros is like the difference between autists who...

The difference between debian/centos users and users of other linux distros is like the difference between autists who like star trek and autists who obsess over sonic the hedgehog and want to marry tails.

Attached: based.png (477x335, 135K)

who doesn't want to marry tails? he has a double dong

both are bad with very short LTS exact opposite what servers need

Does CentOS even still exist? I thought they've been kill after redhead started to do something to their patch distribution for rhel...

Anyway, since I just tested fedora which is the base for rhel and thus for CentOS, I can confidently say that their package manager is utterly and exceptionaly shit. Dnf/RPM and such, not only it's slow, the repo index files are huge and and GUI is basically retarded.

I actually kinda hate Debian since it switched to systemd (again, a red hat piece of shit) but apt/aptitude/synaptic is fast and quite comfy to use.

This is only one example. However the amount of shit that is coming out of red hat isn't funny anymore. Of course that's also showing in their distros and those based in them.

>CentOS is killed?
CentOS is just part of Red Hat now. It's still actively maintained - probably even better with the close relation / help of Red Hat maintainers.

>RPM package managers are shit
>APT is comfy, but Debian isn't
Consider another distro based on Debian, then

>consider another distro
I try to use Devuan where I can to continue the pre-systemd feeling of Debian and the huge Software repository that comes with it... but those lazy devuan didn't make true on their "independent development after ASCII" and it's still just old-stable (outdated, bad Hardware support....) Debian. They couldn't even be bothered to update the kernel, alsa, mesa...

There, technology is overall just shit these days. We can't even have flamewars about our favorite tech because everyone sane knows it's all shit. Anyone else is a shill or clinically insane.

Any downstream distro of Debian doesn't work as good(yes including Ubuntu). They just work for sure but tend to break on upgrades which Debian does not. You either pick Debian or pick something far from it, don't pick other #121029 fork of Debian, it will never work as good.

I use Debian for 3 reasons:

1. It boots much faster
2. Whenever I search for answers to a Linux problem, the overwhelming majority of results are for Debian or a distro that is derived from Debian.
3. If there is a Linux version of Windows/Mac software, they almost always have a Debian version. They sometimes have a RHEL/Fedora/CentOS version.

- Sent from my Debian VM on my Debian hypervisor

How do these distros actually break for you? Do you use shady PPAs or something?

I thi k you should consider another distro entirely if Devuan doesn't work for you. All other Debian derivatives all use systemd, I fear

There aren't any. While I'm a bit frustrated about how Bad things became, in the end it doesn't really matter. I'm Christian and believe the 2nd coming of our Lord Jesus Christ is at Hand. Technological insanity is just one aspect of the whole bad Situation this world is in and it's satan and bis servants causing it.

From one Non-God-fearing man to one God-fearing man, you should have more faith.

I have faith. Just not in this world.
>non-god-fearing
You should fear god. You really should.

>I am not faithful in this world
I believe that your religion demands you to remain faithful in this world just as much as your next.

>You should fear God
I also believe your religion demands you to respect another one's free will

Actually it says to be in the world but not of it, and it also says to overcome the world. That means to believe in Jesus Christ and the world to come because this one is controlled by Satan until he gets thrown into hell for a thousand years....

>respect free will
Not at all. It's comanded to love thy neighbour and love ones enemy, not "respect freedom to deny god". Of course it's still upon yourself to choose but since I know what awaits you for not choosing god, I wouldn't be a good (loving) christian if I wouldn't at least tell you that you're wrong. You're wrong for not fearing god, as he is the one to judge us all.

This is awfully off-topic, but I feel inclined to reply out of respect and personal interest.

>Actually it says to be in the world but not of it, and it also says to overcome the world.
Does this not imply to be faithful in this world *by overcoming this world*?

>I wouldn't be a good (loving) christian if I wouldn't at least tell you that you're wrong.
Thank you for explaining this. This makes sense to me, considering where you're coming from.

Only Jesus actually overcame this world, as he lived without sin. However he said that we will overcome the world by having faith in him. He is our saviour. However having faith in the world, as in it's future or ability to fix what went wrong, no... There is no point, it's not possible.

>both are bad
>with very short LTS
>exact opposite what servers need
This is the Immanuel Kant of Jow Forums posts. I'm pretty sure is fucking deep but at the same time, I can't even begin to make heads of tails of what is being said.

(user translates)
>both are Bad
It's shit
>with very short LTS
They're doing it wrong, also they're not doing it long enough.
>the exact opposite of what Servers need
Computers doing their job. If not, I have to work. (Also, the exact opposite of what the admin wants)

>package manager
>gui
Your opinion is worthless.

Not how I (and I presume everyone else) see either of those distros, but thanks for the translation user

Buster when?

Attached: 1547456064863.png (1070x868, 48K)

July 6th, 2019

Soon Debian bro, soon.
(17 days to go)

Attached: 1555606046910.png (775x1024, 93K)

Linux seller. I want you to sell me your STRONGEST linux.

Attached: 1560884993053.jpg (515x461, 31K)