Here's your tech job interview bro

>here's your tech job interview bro

Attached: 4I1LujS.jpg (720x1234, 257K)

Free labour? Thank you for your time
*spits in interviewer's face*
*slams door*

I'll do it if it's clearly a sandbox toy project and not actual billable work usable in a production environment.

Attached: 1551668782623.jpg (1000x1000, 174K)

>something useful
>implement for our purposes

>We will ask you to demonstrate it in action and later help us implement it for our purposes.

>deliver something useful
>>ok thanks see you later

People need to wake up and refuse to work for these assholes employers should be thankful that people want to work for them instead of the other way around.

I have gotten much further in life by making my own demands from employers instead of begging for work like some corporate slave.
Remind them that you can work anywhere so if they are not willing to agree to your terms you will find someone that will.

it hurts so much that this isn't ironical

I want to kill myself

they do this specifically so they can hire more H1B workers and pay them nothing by claiming they cannot find qualified workers in the US.
The IT field is a meme I switched to the electrical field and make more money than I ever did in IT with zero experience.
People need to stop falling for the IT meme and putting up with this bullshit and just let the industry fall flat on its face when they run out of H1B tokens

by "electrical field" do you mean electrical engineering or being an electrician?

you're absolutely correct that more people should act this way. thing is most people are really fucking stupid and put themselves in a position where they can't act that way. They racked up a $50k debt going away to so college, instead of, say, getting a two-year degree from a community college and then transferring to an in-state four-year university. Or they just treated their credit card like free money or did unwise things like marrying early and having kids. Employers get away with this shit because so much of the labor force - even the supposedly-smart "skilled" portion of it, voluntarily walk into debt slavery and put themselves in a position where they must suck their employers cock because they can't survive very long at all without drawing a paycheck.

i mean building and wiring electrical panels

>study leetcode for months just for a shitty interview
>whiteboard interviews
>100 rounds of interviews
>home asignments
>need to know the latest meme tech
>need experience for entry level jobs
>compete with poos and trannies
Is there anyone more cucked than programmers?

>adjusted for Pajeets with bullshit padded resumes
>5 years experience on a 2 year-old software ^)

are you a minority woman by any chance?

In my country that's pretty common
Companies will do "technical assessment" for a week without even paying your transportation
An insider told me that every week there's a new team and they just keep doing it perpetually only paying recruiters and managers. They can get away with that for years.
And if shit hits the fan they ask for liquidation and open a new company
The wonders of capitalism

>and pay them nothing

You do realize that there are minimum income requirements to apply for H1B visas that are well above entry level jobs - plus having to pay upwards of 50.000 USD for the visa process?

The Anti H1B Propaganda needs to stop..

This is true but less so if you can get connections or get a face to face meeting with someone actually important in the company, not HR director Jane.

This is only true in non CS related fields, do you know how fast mid sized companies die when they hire these people to come to the office and code, or even do it at a distance? >You have an exponential risk of getting sued for sexual harassment claims
>99.9999% of poojeets cannot understand what they are doing, let alone articulate it in a meeting.
>The ones that can are so far removed from western society that they cause problems in the work place such as; smelling like shit, hitting on everyone (above), eating food that smells like stinking up all the break rooms

It's really your own fault for getting into 'IT' rather than CS, but what did you expect when you went for a degree that's easily obtainable by any soccer mom in her free time?

yeah in the 1950s you didn't have a swarm of pajeets and codemonkeys applying. the "no experience? we'll train you" meme doesn't work when the people you are training are fucking imbeciles

t. training recent grad whose been here for ~8months now and today he asked me how to set session variables in PHP

nah even target will pay you "entry level" IT wage of 11$ and hour to sweep floors
If the employers are not willing to pay me for my knowledge i will mindlessly push a broom for 11$ an hour

straight white male, i show up to interviews in jeans and t shirts
You just need to go full chad on interviewers, dismiss their concerns as trivial and insist that you can easily do whatever it is that they require.

>$60,000 minimum
>put them on salary
>make them work 10~12 hr days
Fuck off Biden go creep on some kids

>yfw the guy who made fortran got hired like that

>put them on salary
Tip of the day boys, never let a company put you on salary always insist on hourly even if its slightly below what they would've paid before.

why?

you get paid the same if you work 40 hours a week or 60 hours a week

this It's Jew trickery at it's finest.

also any hours over 40hrs a week in the US you get paid 1.5x your standard rate which is why salary is top meme unless your making 250k a year instead

This. I saw the writing on the wall (but also I got burned out for a while) and have since switched to accounting where I'm most likely planning to focus on BCIS as well to essentially place me into Forensic Accounting, something I actually want to do as well.

This but unironically.

Unless you are a CEO/CFO salary will never pay you more than hourly.

The Visa sponsorship cost is one time and the minimum salary is a joke and what they get in return is basically an employee that literally cannot jump from job to job easily. Let's completely ignore the brain drain problem as well, which is unfair to the nations H1B's are coming from. H1B is just neo slavery and anyone who defends it is basically a racist.

Same dude, same

what if I go home early everyday?

and I thought my entry level job at the kitchen I work at was bad.
>FBI background check
>Fingerprinting
>Multiple drug tests
>physical
>all after spending a few weeks going back and forth on the phone with the manager and HR trying to get everything sorted

Soon you'll need 2 years experience with chopping vegetables to become a dish washer.

Implement inefficient O=n^3 solutions all the way through.

This, if you can't tell whether someone is a fit for the job or capable of learning on site based off a resume and 10 minute interview you're a brainlet who isn't asking the right questions and shouldn't be managing shit.

Although most management is where the brainlets go to die because their fuck ups get fixed or blamed on the team below them instead of actually having responsibility.

>every day I learn a fresh, new way in which the IT department at my current job is completely fucking incompetent
>can't get a tech internship no matter what I do despite being orders of magnitude more knowledgeable than these monkeys
What are some technologies that help me fucking kill myself?

Attached: fcuk.jpg (1200x897, 291K)

I fucking did this until I was fired and I think this was a big reason why I was fired.

I was reporting like 25 hours of overtime per week and making like $75k for what was supposed to be a $60k job.

Looks like it really wasn't a $60k job after all then

Would having an internship improve my chances of getting a full-time job later (not necessarily with the same company).

not legal at least in new york

Nope. I enjoy my 115k base 25-30 hr a week job. Not including bonuses and company equity also not tied to slave hours. Hourly is for the lower class.

>It's insulting that you would even suggest this, obviously you haven't even taken a glimpse at labor laws. Don't contact me again, thanks for wasting my time

what the actual fuck

Fuck New York

somebody needs to compile a list of all these companies and everybody boycotts them.

This I spit in their faces fuck wagies

> implying a desperate poor starving Jow Forums nigger would boycott any shitty company

>went to an interview that lasted 6 hours
>meet with 6 different people, including CEO, that lasted one hour each
>btw we pay 32k/yr

I wish I could make 32K/y
> t. 4.5K/y poorfag that still gets financial help from mom

Meeting with that many people, including the CEO, for a position that pays that little is a pretty good sign that they probably don't have their shit together.

That's like same tier as construction here in europe.

>deliver something useful
>they use the code you made for them
>''Sorry user, you didn't get the job''
>repeat ad infinitum

fuck you.

Attached: 1543863009385.jpg (400x300, 22K)

Same shit here.
They hire a cucked M.Sc. for minimal wage for a "3 month trial" on a agency contract.
Fuckers work like ants, free overtimes and shit, and after 3 months they just say we wont hire you and get a new cuck to work his ass off basically for free.

my last manager actually thought he could get free labor out of applicants
he gave them the solutions from the few who stuck it out and told us to integrate them into the project
only 1 of them was in java (which the project used), and it was pajeet-tier so we disregarded it entirely. when we told him this he yelled at us for "reinventing the wheel"
glad im out of that shithole, as far as i know he's still there

for not letting employers use you as free labor?

Yes.

>Would having an internship improve my chances of getting a full-time job later
Truthfully, yeah, it would help quite a bit. An internship says you're at least housebroken in a corporate environment and won't shit yourself at being handed production code.

Attached: 1428867246312.jpg (357x542, 64K)

Glad my hunch was right about contract to hire being bullshit.

Attached: 1418094585804.jpg (535x462, 34K)

I bet the pay is between 10-12 bucks an hour after going through their shit tier assessment. I'd rather flip burgers.

Tbh if a dev worth his salt accepts a job that pays 10-12 bucks an hour then it's their own fault.

Know your worth, fuck you pay me, yadda yadda

I'm on NEETbux and the stupid call center I tried working at for 2 months refused to work around my physical disability. I was supposed to work part time but they kept putting me at full time with mandatory overtime. I lasted until I got my actual schedule since the work I had done was considered training. The assholes didn't put me part time and still refused to get me an ergonomic chair for my back. I told them to fuck off, quit on the spot and went back on NEETbux. My manager had a wtf look on his face. Like he had never seen someone have the balls to just up and quit. You gotta have leverage over these assholes. It's the only way any of you wagies are gone get a fair shake.

Attached: tumblr_nzczwzUc711v0pigno1_1280.jpg (720x764, 142K)

Agreed. You devs need to stop settling for peanuts. I'm sure some stupid asshole already took this position like the cuck he is. The cycle of cheap skate employers continues on.

>Are you lean and mean, user?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-19-02-10-46.png (720x1280, 145K)

>set expectations realistically
>go above and beyond them
Okay which one is it, realistic or unrealistic?

Attached: ss (2019-06-19 at 03.15.51).png (609x148, 13K)

>Force introverted nerds to work in a team

Kek! Are these companies really this retarded?! Why do they push this social shit?!

Attached: 1543221715300.gif (540x304, 1.86M)

set your expectations so low that any success beats them
it's the only way to remain an optimist at such a company

I'm more of a 12-3 worker bee tbqh, seems like we'll be a good fit

I fucking hate pajeets. Corporations sold out our country to fucking foreigners

I am perfectly happy to go an extra mile to make sure things are done, and done well

If you fucking pay me

>but noooo user, you gotta think of the poor manageeeers, they have to make a living too y'knooooow

Attached: IMG_20180927_025847.jpg (640x944, 112K)

How is this not come off as an obvious scam?

Pajeet devs would scramble at that opportunity.

it's not the managers, it's the C[x]Os that ultimately crack the whip and destroy good managers for having the nerve to stand up for their teams and promote the slavedrivers

Oh of course I'm no 9-5 worker bee
I'm happy to go an extra mile to ensure my time isn't being wasted on 8h day filled with menial garbage

Attached: 1496528860384.jpg (409x409, 90K)

'is an organisational parasite, a moron'

yeah, but in the UK, do that and they cut off your money, 100%

this sort of shit makes me want to vomit
the smiling 'keen' 'alert' type of shitheads you get in those places -- is all sales, no real skills involved

FPBP

>went for software engineering interview
>got a hour-long math exam
>been a while since I did eigenvectors and probability distributions
>did okay on the coding part

it's been a week and no response...

You're supposed to follow up within 3 days yo. Shows initiative, but also cuts the pain of waiting out and replaces it with the pain of a quick response of yes or no.

Yeah I sent them an email today. Hopefully I get the job, it's the best work environment I've seen.

Well I'm hoping for you, man. Cross your fingers and just wish a nigga would.

>Let's completely ignore the brain drain problem as well, which is unfair to the nations H1B's are coming from.

how is it unfair? those nations, if they wish to retain their talents, can simply not be shit.

why should people not be able to seek to better their lives based on some 'obligation' to people that were born in an approximate geo-political surface area?

Just invoice them for the work with your lawyer's phone number if they have any questions

What should I do if I have a CS degree and only get phone interviews for about one in every fifty applications I send out? I really can't see getting an entry-level position without being an H1Poo or getting in on a diversity quota.

Start killing politicians that allow the H1B program to exist.

Hey, if it makes you feel any better and to put things in perspective for you, my mother has a friend who's husband works (or worked) for Raytheon for many years, and only recently moved after switching jobs, a job he only got after sending out over 50 applications with 2 responses.

Industry qualified and experienced guy, 4% response rate.

So all of them, then?

My job trains people if they don't know shit. The bottom part is due to HR roasties being retarded.

You ever notice this shit started with the rise of make-work departments like Human Resources acting as the gatekeepers?

Part and parcel of organizations becoming so retardedly huge. More need for such types of positions and more need for management which means entirely naturally the odds of retards filling those positions goes up. It's just a game of numbers, man.

Too big to know what goes on at all times on all levels.

>worked at the same company for many years
>can't find another job
sounds about right. he probably got way too comfy at that position and stagnated his career by not keeping up with the times. that's why they tell you to switch jobs.

Can we just all agree that the job market is fucked due to pajeets and HR roasties?

Its not just in the US this bullshit happens in Mexico too and i am pretty sure i happens in most countries.

Not the whole job market, just parts of it. The real test these days is discovering which markets are saturated and fucked, and which markets are in demand and ripe. Kinda fucked situation to even have to do this, but that's the game now.

Don't EVER do call centers. They will make you hate humanity.

Come on, in the UK the company would get fucked for not providing an ergonomic workstation.