New type of youtube add blocker

Jow Forums I have an idea for a browser add on. Because i wish to remain extremely lazy, yet support what few youtubers I still fallow.

I want an add on that does not block the youtube adds, but instead mutes the tab and changes focus to a previous tab. And once the add is over unmutes the video tab and switches back to it.

Is this possible? Or maybe is already out there somewhere?

Attached: th.jpg (474x266, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-admute/reviews/
invidio.us
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Haven't YouTube ads already been replaced by product placements and "sponsor" messages?

mostly yes, but It would be nice to have a backup available in case they ever stop videos from playing if you have an addblocker

Webextensions don't have the level of access needed to the API to do this sort of thing in current browser-engines...the only code that does what you are describing is known as a "browser-hijacker". Malware, adware, popups, that sort of thing..all initiated from shitty JavaScript served from the site itself.

That's shit. Make it like adnauseam or gtfo

maybe there could be some kind of higher lever add on that could be implemented?

Websites can detect whenever a tab is active or not and twitch actually restarts the ad if you switch tabs

There is no "higher-level" add-on solution..neither Chrome nor Firefox would even allow an add-on that could do this to be installed.

Any add-on that could do this would be considered no different from browser-highjacking malware. The old Firefox extensions API would allow it, but it allowed any-and-everything, so...
PaleMoon is the only reasonbly-midern, popular browser-fork thatI could see allowing something like this, and I still don't see someone creating an extension for something as simple as muting a tab and switching to another one.
Honestly, if you want to watch sone damn e-celeb's content, just put-up with their ads. If it upsets you that much, don't watch the channel, period. The only way to truly combat this is to NOT support it.

Twitch has this shit down to a science almost. If they ever decide to close the API, streamviewers who don't use the the browser or the app are fucked.

>support youtubers I still follow

Are these values something you intend to pass on to your wife's son?

You're fucking retarded.
You don't need anything from webextensions API to do any of that other than injecting javascript into the webpage and switching tabs.

Similar add-on:
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-admute/reviews/

That won't switch tabs, retard, nor will it mute the built-in ads that I assume OP is talking about.

Enjoying your cuckmemes? Good to hear!
>actually "following" Youtubers for any reason
>REEING about ads when that is how his precious eceleb gets paid

That add-on mutes the video's ad and you can switch tabs using webextensions with tab.update().

So what you are saying is, someone can use the code from that addon, fork it, and end up with an add-on that does what Op wants? Which is:
>I want an add on that does not block the youtube adds, but instead mutes the tab and changes focus to a previous tab. And once the add is over unmutes the video tab and switches back to it.

Because I call bullshit.

Bullshit on what? The add-on proves you can mute a video ad, and webextensions has support for switching tabs (or even muting entire tabs).
The only part that might be hard is figuring out when the ad is over, but you might be able to get the video (ad) length via javascript and even if that was not possible you can estimate by having it listen to when it starts requesting data to buffer the actual video.

Just what do you think is not possible?

precious ecelebs? interesting strawman choice considering the content of the original post

Why is that even allowed? and even so, should be really easy to stop.

invidio.us

It's the Start Page of YouTube; it aggregates every YouTube video in a functional search, displays them all without a single ad and it integrates a video downloader on the page.

Shill your website somewhere else, Omar Roth.

>He'd rather bitch about the botnet
>Than escape it

Attached: Laughing Duck.gif (400x225, 1.96M)

>He'd rather continue using the botnet with a gimped faceplate than actually escape it.

>Thinking Duck Duck Go and Start Page is any better
Both are Gimped Google clones. Might as well use something that actually works for what you need it to (display YouTube videos without being tracked and kiked).

>Thinking the problem isn't Youtube itself
I have some news for you: if you're connecting to google servers to play a youtube video then you're already being tracked.

>Implying that invido.us isn't a proxy
Technically, it's invidio.us being tracked, just as Start Page is being tracked instead of the user. I guess you have no idea how proxies work, so in your ignorance you bitch at the guy who suggests it.

Dude... You're not connecting directly to YouTube from Invidious. It's a proxy and that's why it can bypass YouTube ads.