Sup Jow Forums

Sup Jow Forums

I've found a way to send SMS text messages to any UK phone number from a major British energy supplier from any email address on any network. What should I do?

Attached: text-message-icon-0.png (980x884, 23K)

You should send SMS text messages to any UK phone number from a major British energy supplier from any email address on any network

Abuse the fuck out of it for fun and profit.

This

It's not even hard. You just send an email to a particular email address and it sends the first 160 characters in the body as plaintext.

I'm not a particularly techy guy, I just got curious and tried a few things.

eg, you send "test lol" to +447777777777.[redacted]@textmail.org and it lands on the phone with the company name as the sender.

Anyone got any fun ideas?

Attached: unnamed.png (512x512, 13K)

Just report it to them. You maybe get a bounty from them

The person in the company who is not me who found this is a low level employee who has tried reporting flaws and exploits before and his or her manager told them to just not to use them or tell anyone.

Would any UK Jow Forums users like a text message lol

Attached: unnamed.png (512x512, 16K)

Look for a dick.zip floating around containing dick pics, mirror and invert the images so you multiply the total number of dicks, then make a program which randomly sends any file of the dick pool to random numbers.

Sadly it's text only SMS messages that it sends. Suppose I could find a UK mobile no. list and send out some rocket ships? (_)_)=====>~

Attached: images.png (225x225, 3K)

Go to the police. Or some kind of UK watchdog that you can report this to. Or maybe a tech oriented news site. This is pretty serious shit

Is Watchdog still a tv show over here? I don't really know, haven't watched TV in a long time.

Is this the best bet? I want my friend to retain his job, it's paying his way through college. Ideally he would profit from this knowledge as well.

One of his colleagues mentioned a case where scammers would phone folk pretending to be their bank, telling them to transfer funds and to prove their 'legitimacy' they've send a text from the bank, presumably through a similar exploit to this one.

Just spam random numbers starting with "0".

Remember, if an SMS is sent to a landline, it is read out by a Text-to-Speech bot.

SPAM THE WHOLE COUNTRY WITH NIGEL FARAGE QUOTES

>watchdog
Not the series, more like an independent government org or non profit that helps whistleblowers while keeping then ananymous. In the Netherlands its called "Huis voor Klokkenluiders" (safehouse for whistleblowers), a nonprofit that helps ananymous whistleblowers.

This or a respected newspaper

>respected local newspaper
>UK

bruh

But for real, I feel a moral obligation to tell my friend who is not me to tell someone, but at the same time I want him to exploit it for kek. Guess I could contact the energy regulatory body. When I say "major energy supplier" I mean one of the big six, possibly the most prominent UK energy supplier.

Spam some anti-brexit messages as a falseflag, automate it so enough people receive it so it gets on the news
Or if you're a cuck spasm literally any political message, either intentionally or as a falseflag, there's limitless potential here regardless of what your opinions and affiliations, if any, are

I imagine most people getting the texts would realise there was a breach and ignore them. I think to cause the most chaos I could advise of a dangerous gas leak or something?

That is to say if it were me with this access. Which it is not. It is my friend who is not me.

Doing some kind of kek shit the other anons say would prob mean criminal charges for you or your friend (intrusion, fraud, spamming).

Maybe contact your privacy regulation body (Information Commissioner's Office) in your case. Or the Guardian as newspaper (you dont have to agree with their stances, just to get the news out)

You SEVERELY underestimate the average intelligence, especially of a boomer, but of a zoomer too.

It's on your friend to make something of it, but right now I'd say he holds a certain amount of power, so he shouldn't waste or rush this and try to get the most out of it whichever way.
If I could tell him something:
Don't blow this.

Anyoone tried this? Any proof that it works?

As fun as it would be to fuck about with it there could be serious backlash if care isn't taken to remove footprints so aye this is probably the most sensible approach.

I'm not sure how much there is to be gained from reporting it to a newspaper. It's not exactly an obvious exploit; you'd need to know an email address most employees will never look at as most employees have to be repeatedly told not to "reply all" to mass emails.

His idea was to do nothing with it after his tests earlier today. Wait for a few months, maybe a year or two. Then have fun, if he was going to exploit it.

I suppose I could upload a screenshot of the texts on a phone, but idk how concrete that'd be. Also, it would reveal which company lol.