What are some Jow Forums-approved videogames?

what are some Jow Forums-approved videogames?

Attached: 33647744353.jpg (1500x1000, 189K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/developer/zachtronics
hacknet-os.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ur gay fuk u faget

>videogames
18+ website

Why do you need Jow Forums's approval to play vidya?
Jow Forums's position is that video games are a waste of time, but the same Jow Forums will also have 300 threads on graphics card wars at any moment.

>vidya

Attached: 7F04A9BA-2E64-4937-9F64-A6B492BC33C6.jpg (543x412, 16K)

0 A.D.
VegaStrike
Warsow

Jow Forums pretends to hate video games because they don't work well on Linux and they can't admit there are things that Windows does better.

Why do you need approval of some random anons on a basketball figurines collection forum to play videogames?

Attached: mtyvwzzrs5e21.png (1732x936, 258K)

masturbation

Jow Forums doesn't hate videogames tho, it's just some vocal freetards shitting up the board as always.

Deus Ex

Attached: 1430627333_extremetuxracer.jpg (800x600, 66K)

>do sex
I see what you did there.

internet poker

uhm? homopnoibec in 2019?

anything that doesn't have microtrash, online-only, and dlc out the ass

Attached: Screenshot_20190427-075543.png (1920x1080, 195K)

>transparent terminal
I hope your programming socks shrink in the dryer.

Jow Forums doesn't hate video games though, Jow Forums hates /v/ (as do most boards).

Touhou

Attached: 1553688746983.png (450x747, 30K)

Based

SOOPAH MARIO BROTHERS 2 LADIES AND GENTLEMEN OH YEAH

There's lots of faggots like though.

just a screenshot I found on googlel. I use weedows

God bless you user.

Attached: 1553338122043.png (515x821, 61K)

I dun fucked.
I meant this user

>SOOPAH
You mean ONIONS

Jow Forums pretends to hate video games because they are autistic linuxniggers who are pissed off that windows does gaming better and don't want to admit it

CS go is the only game I play and it runs natively on linux.
The 30% top 1000 games on steam run natively.
If you include ones that run well with Proton it's nearly 60%.

Rimworld

>Describe your sex life with a game title

Most of these.
store.steampowered.com/developer/zachtronics

Stop making this thread faggot.

factorio took far too long to get mentioned

Attached: Factorio1.jpg (1600x900, 899K)

This

Attached: 1550459218604.webm (700x392, 556K)

Shenzhen IO

hypocrisy 101

font?

Team Fortress 2

Attached: 1443342187056.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

emacs tetris and snake

Uplink is probably autistic enough
You're required to learn pretend terminal commands that are never explained anywhere to progress at one point

Im looking for this model but with the joystick. Whats its name again?

Attached: 235926-8501.jpg (1000x1000, 78K)

Yakuza Kiwami 2

Attached: 927380_screenshots_20190608034137_1.jpg (2560x1440, 687K)

fpbp

Arma 3

RS97 Plus

I want to get into it but it seems hard and the community is trash

Russian roulette

top kek

>RS97 Plus
Blessed user. Thanks

I'm pretty sure minecraft works in linux

What's wrong with the community?

patrician choice

Europa Universalis IV, Kerbal Space Program, Cities:skylines, Zachtronics games, Wesnoth, various hacker simulators.

Oldschool Runescape via RuneLite on Linux.

Dwarf fortress

Attached: IMG_20181015_075958.jpg (896x1269, 107K)

Nothing by Nintendo, that's for sure.

minetest, terasology, nethack, dungeon crawl stone soup, cataclysm: dark days ahead, xonotic

anything that is free software is fine, but you should still not spend much time playing video games.

>small group of voices cause more shitstorm than everyone else
isn't that how a democratic space usually works

Not Jow Forums but expands brain.

Attached: 2de.jpg (640x761, 150K)

fortnite

Attached: QNvZv0.gif (720x404, 874K)

fuck you op, I wasted 100 dollars on this stupid fucking mod, just to have the fucking thing die right after I finished it

Probably HackNet and Shenzhen IO because they at least simulate Jow Forums topics.

Anything you've written yourself

Everything from LucasArts. Ignore contrarians.

>le freetard boogeyman

only if it has multiplayer

super tux racer has multiplayer

>playing vidya
holy fuck dude were all grown out of that shit. i play some tf2 from time to time but other games even the recent ones i just ignore.

>Jow Forums pretends to hate video games
its not that. programmers and IT guys dont play vidya period. its a waste of fucking time and distracts you like crazy.

This
TF2 and CS Source are the only Jow Forums approved games.

>Hacknet
>Jow Forums
Alright there kiddo. Try TIS-100 and report back.

Attached: 1559870510636.jpg (712x720, 79K)

>programmers don't play vidya
Yeah, pretty sure John Carmack was interested in binary space partitioning for its possible applications in the CAD industry.

carmack makes games, he doesnt play them.

best post on \g\

Attached: 7cf6c7ae4a55ed9098c63f3abeb6e6eee58785a4dad7e6f2acfd3ea81e110f71.jpg (500x335, 119K)

every second I played TIS-100 I was wishing i just did regular fucking assembly rather than muh vidya version of it

I took issue with the stupid node system. At least vidya assembly is much closer to toys like the 6502 than vidya hacking is to real hacking.

making a realistic hacking video game is just not going to happen. Exploiting some weird side-effect of an another unsuspicious thing that requires knowledge of the underlying architectures is just something the vidya-baby is not going to deal with for muh entertainment.

well the reference i have for the community is that df general on /vg/ so maybe it's not really the community but Jow Forums autism. either way they remind me of tf2's community, i dont like it

I think Mitch's DCPU-16 as well as ComputerCraft and RedPower Control were all great examples. Building a wirelessly controlled redstone door is basically asking for spergs to try and hack it, but at the same time not detracting from the overall game by setting a higher bar to entry. Norman's can still try to break in.

I think what we should be going for, is a basic virtual CPU. Then, implement as many things as you can (like interfaces and controls for things) in the CPU rather than the game itself. This requires little additional effort by developers, decouples game mechanics from the game's code, and encourages players to expand and modify the game's code without sacrificing DRM or any copyright garbage.

*Notch*, my bad
t. phonephag

hacknet
hacknet-os.com/

Attached: hacknet.png (474x266, 169K)

I don't think it's the freetards, it's a group of people who think they're sooo much more mature because they spend hours browsing this himalayan rock climbing bbs instead of playing vidya.

incredibly based

What's wrong with the tf2 community? If you ignore the kids (most of which don't even participate in discussions online) most people seem to have an alright sense of humor and don't have a stick up their ass.

tf2 community is super autistic, inclusive and ban happy.
the game is super fun though just dont go into their forums or talk with the fans, youre going to have a bad time.

>super autistic
>inclusive
not really sure how either of these are bad.
>ban happy
never experienced or seen that. From what it sounds like, you post about how much you don't want niggers to play the game and no one wants to deal with that shit.

Attached: noot.webm (720x404, 2.24M)

what am I looking at here?

-elitism is also a problem in the tf2 community theyre not very nice or helpful to people who just started playing the game
-shitposting Jow Forums like people are everywhere also, middle aged retards spouting memes and anime shit like theyre in pre school
-seniority of the players is something you have to adhere like this site's oldfags if you participate in the community which is really fucking annoying larp shit

not saying the game is shit though, the game is super fun and its a solid fun game overall. its just the community is fucking garbage and will make you hate the game if you stay there long enough.

Attached: BC9FB353-DE6F-43F0-9376-AE43C0490431.jpg (760x412, 57K)

dingoo

factorio deserves a (You)

None. Practice coding.

Caves of Qud is an amazing game.

Attached: qud.jpg (639x361, 21K)

Schenzen I/o

Attached: Screen_Shot_20190508_at_10.37.07.jpg (1648x930, 167K)

this. TF2 is supreme comfy, especially if it's the only game you have aside from emulators.

disable chat and only use the official matchmaking retard, you can't get banned on valve servers unless you get VAC'd you whiny little faggot

ban as in banned from their forums, retard. the shitters cant do shit in votekicking you in actual matches unless if you accidentally stepped into one of their le friendly servers.