Old web

>people had their own websites instead of 90% of the content online being posted on the same couple of sites
>the majority of that content wasn't just duplicates of the same shit and people made original content
>the web wasn't majority normies

Attached: 1544007356493.jpg (712x720, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bz5VULeyw6c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>old capitalism
>the majority of that businesses wasn't just duplicates of the same shit and people made original shops
>the stores wasn't majority normies

what happened to your previous thread?

>>the majority of that businesses wasn't just duplicates of the same shit and people made original shops
>>the stores wasn't majority normies
this never existed

That's not how capitalism thrives, however. Capitalism thrives on lots of vendors offering the same product with minor revisions to evolve the goods/services to be better and cheaper for the consumer (competition == good). Are you saying capitalism works better with less competition?

I had my own website with naked women when i was 13

youtube.com/watch?v=Bz5VULeyw6c

Not him, but obviously, yes. The fantasy Laissez-faire capitalism you're describing never existed, nor will exist. To this day they're sucking on the state's tit.

While I can agree with you that I doubt a full-on free market will never exist, can you expand more on your rationale as to how less competition and more specialty is better on the whole? First time I've heard that claim and I'm more than willing to entertain it.

>people had their own websites instead of 90% of the content online being posted on the same couple of sites

yahoo pages, geocities, and aol pages were a huge thing

>yahoo pages, geocities, and aol pages were a huge thing
in the US, not the world.

>geocities was not big in Asia, india, or South America

Right forgot yurope was the only one that maettrs

>one thing was big so it's the same today where 90% of the web is owned by the same company
yeah ok

More competition and 'free markets' i.e the large eat the small while the nanny state helps them is the reason the West is in such a state. Consider the internet, a state sponsored project given away for free to vultures like Jobs and Gates to privatize and exploit.
Surely it can't be the first time you heard something against liberal capitalism. How did Sanders get so many supporters but on such principles? Also, I forgot it's summer, and a lot of teens or even younger people frequent this website now.

Never said that retard. I pointed out that it was still a fucking large number of people hosting their shit on those sites. Those companies obviously merged but it was still owned by some larger company

The only problem from that explanation is "government got involved". That's not a free market. The true free market would have 0 government intervention into projects such as this. Now, granted 20/20 vision does break things, because the arpanet was meant to be for the feds, but that changed.

It is my opinion that the reason some of these massive corporations get to their size and stay as large as they do it because of government interference. If you subsidize corn and it's products, you're going to change the supply and demand of products which has a ripple effect through the whole economy, which makes market incumbents stronger and makes it more difficult for newcomers to the market to get in. I don't have a problem with market barriers by themselves, I have a problem when government can use force to take your resources to support your competition and when cronyism enters the picture.

old web
>people were able to support the operation cost with advertisement
>they used to create new original content to increase revenue
>web users were computer savvy and literate people
new web
>a fucking picture with some words on it is considered "content"
>only big sites can survive by selling their user's info to 3rd parties
>web users are mainly retarded teens and stay at home moms

Attached: 621.jpg (500x375, 33K)

>old good new bad haha frickin' normies amirite

That's Just metaphysic rambling you're talking about.
Every Factories Every Corporation ULTIMATE goal is being "too big to fail"
Competion NEVER existed and will NEVER exist, Sure you may have 4 milk brands but have you noticed how little of a difference their price make ? "probably costs" etc.... BUT never anticompetitive practice right...

Real life exemple with Rockefeller oil Baron he converged toward applying a phagocytosis strategy and made a monopoly, Ever if it was later broken into smaller pieces they all eventually merges.

>Muh are you saying 0 competion will be better ?
No, commies need no apply. But 21th century economy isnt the smithonians theory anymore, YOU don't pay to use online services, you pay with your privacy instead, Corporations ruining the state and displacing the caliphate instead of making profit, all of that can be easily avoided and yet is largely being ignored by 97% of people.

At that point you either stop being a centrist delusional fag and start being a nat-soc.

Attached: 1420D2FB-0741-400F-B52A-32D7A1AED8C4.jpg (777x568, 231K)

I agree with most of your premises. A couple questions:
>competition never existed and will never exist
Can you expand on this? I think it's a linguistic thing where you're trying to make a point that I'm missing. Yes, there's a lot of consolidation but that doesn't mean I couldn't ask my friendly neighborhood farmer for some unpasteurized milk and boil it myself. As you've seen, I do tend to think in big concepts and I find it hard to believe that a system/economy could never exist without perfect (read: ideal) competitive foundations.

>natsoc
I think we agree on a lot but took very different paths. What other foundational premises/beliefs made you go this route? I fall somewhere between libertarian and anarchist (you guessed right - summer soiboi).

>>people were able to support the operation cost with advertisement
nope. you're too young to remember

Sure it did, before factories and mass production, every item was unique and hand made.

Not necessarily. If you and your neighbor farmed rice, there was very little difference between your crop/harvest.

that is a very dishonest use of the word "unique" in this context
>if you recompress a jpeg, it's unique content
technically, but not really.

I'm 40 and I maintain several websites, but thanks for calling me young

then you just don't remember back when the web wasn't dependent on ads? nowadays the ads on a page outweigh the actual content

>nowadays the ads on a page outweigh the actual content
yeah... i'm gonna need some proper citation on that

>blog posts
>those slideshow sites
>literally 1 tiny div of actual content surrounded by ads
depends on what you do and when you've used the web without adblockers I guess

Now this is advanced autism

Just post a scene from the one south park episode on this.

What are alternatives to DNS,I think that and copyright is what is killing the internet, we already have payment systems banning people for wrongthink is crypto the only alternative? what are search engines that actually put popular content instead of selling you things like google an LEgacy media

Right, a 'competitive free market' should be nurtured, but when things go to hell let's ask the nanny state to help us: in 1930s with the Gold Standard, then the post war fixed exchange rates, and then in 2008 with trillions of dollars worth of bailouts (who knows what I've missed in-between, but you won't read that in your free market books).
When you put your Rand and Friedman books down, and go out in the real world, you'll see it has nothing to do with the theory in those texts. The reason corporations are thriving is because they're going exactly the opposite of such garbage. They know they can't do shit without a state (read: taxpayers) to back them up. If you're some high-class dude that likes pissing on the poor, then it's all good; but if you're middle or lower class, and you espouse such thinking, woe to the world.

Attached: 1535152791335.webm (1920x1080, 2.96M)

maybe IPFS + IPNS

>When you put your Rand and Friedman books down, and go out in the real world, you'll see it has nothing to do with the theory in those texts. The reason corporations are thriving is because they're going exactly the opposite of such garbage.
>such garbage
Who else do you recommend apart from these two? I've actually never read any Rand but Milton Friedman gets a lot of my attention.

The summerfags are out in force.

Why do you need to hurt our feelings, user? We were having such a nice and civil conversation.
:(

Just because this are Jow Forums problems doesn't mean it can also be our problems try doing an argument next time, also
>summerfag is Jow Forums
No user, you are the summerfag