Blank keyboard

My brother said that he's going to give his mechanical keyboard that he's no longer using. Only one problem, it has no labels on the keys. How the fuck am I supposed to see what I'm typing?

Attached: 71mqlJNDMYL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x937, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/ENGLISH-US-KEYBOARD-STICKER-KEY-LABEL-LAPTOP-GRAY-BACKGROUND-NON-TRANSPARENT/172094673486?epid=1257663436&hash=item2811a4524e:g:pcgAAOSwFNZWuS1O
keybr.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

learn how to touch type with it retard

That's retarded. Buttons are labelled for a reason.

>needing labels

It's for 1337 hackers who want to impress their moms when they come to their room to take away their dirty dishes.

Just buy a set of keycaps.

Get a new set of keycaps for it from aliexpress, it's a completely standard 104 key ANSI layout by the looks of it.

yeah for retards too lazy to touch type

Attached: 1520561233464.jpg (600x600, 23K)

Since when did touch typing teach you where the home or end keys are? Pretty stupid for those to be blank at least

Change the key caps or git gud

I'm afraid of breaking it, I hate opening stuff

Pick up a set of pbt caps with a contrasting color or something less boring

I had a blank das but it got old and the defaults were cheap shit

it only took me a couple of hours to learn how to touch type.
if you have a double digit IQ, i'm sure you can do the same.

You literally just pull up on the keys to remove them and press the new ones on.

If you manage to fuck up changing key caps then you shouldn't be near a computer

I bought my computer from alienware. I hate DIY stuff

the only way you can break it is if you have EXTREME Parkinson's disease, just make sure you pull directly up so you won't break the stem.

imagine not being able to know which exact key to press for a symbol/function without looking at the key

Just because you hate DIY stuff, it doesn't excuse you from being a retard, how much did you overpay for that alienware?

I have to look at the keys no matter what I'm doing so I prefer having labels

Buy this you fucking retard.

ebay.com/itm/ENGLISH-US-KEYBOARD-STICKER-KEY-LABEL-LAPTOP-GRAY-BACKGROUND-NON-TRANSPARENT/172094673486?epid=1257663436&hash=item2811a4524e:g:pcgAAOSwFNZWuS1O

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1600x925, 173K)

Won't those just peel off?

Just buy ninja keycaps for special characters. But if you can't type with no lettering on letter keys, why are you even on Jow Forums? That's shit they teach you in 5th grade.

They don't teach that stuff in school because everyone uses phones these days

Yes they will. But if you're too much of a bitch to just change your fucking keycaps, they're the best you're gonna get.

Blank keycaps have a few advantages over regular ones, they're cheaper to make and cheaper to buy over double-shot injected PBT keys with glyphs, plus they look cool.
You'd do well with learning to type without looking down at the keyboard, also say thanks to your brother.

I'm sure they still do dumbass. They even teach touch typing in college, so they would in elementary too.

Imagine not being able to remember where the keys are. What a retard.

Get colored tapes and put different ones on buttons, depending if vocals or consonants.

Degenerates that cant touch type belong on a cross.

They are called keys
Piano keys aren't labeled

What kind of third world college teaches touch typing

maybe his primary language is spanish, colegio is can just mean "school" in some dialects

t. literal retard

I went to a community College that had a required basic computer class and one of the tests was wpm. Told the teacher just give me the final test and be done with it. It's mostly for older people who are tech illiterate.

lmao imagine being "that guy" who doesn't know how to touch type
you need to go back

>How the fuck am I supposed to see what I'm typing?
By looking at the screen.
keybr.com/

I dont even know how to touch type but even i know where all the keys are on the keyboard from using a computer for 20 years

you these little stickers they write prices on?
write the key and put these on the front side
yw

You can identify two adjacent keys by themselves due to the white one's shape even if taken out of the keybed.
You are seriously retarded if you thought that would be a good comparison.

Tell me that you play the piano by looking at the shape of the keys like a Fisher price toy and not their position like a keyboard. You won't

You completely missed the point, which is about piano keys not having labels when their shape is enough to distinguish them regardless of their position. That's what I was responding about.
There are/were pianists that could play without watching (even if they still resorted to feeling black keys position), but why do non-blind pianists still look at the keys? Maybe they are all retarded, you tell me.

>put 5$ (shipping included) chineese made keycaps with symbols on it
wow. Such problem

They're not. They're looking at the octave and finding the key in there same as a keyboard. If anything, a piano is like multiple smaller keyboards strung together.

Obviously someone sitting in front of a monitor has more incentive than a pianist to learn to touch type.

Octaves are a serie of the same 12 keys which have their own distinct shape. You identify octaves thanks to the shape of the keys within them. You still look for graphical cues.
Yes, playing a piano and typing are two different things. The comparison is just not right.

Just learn to touch type and you're set:
keybr.com/

Attached: 1032947109234.png (665x402, 113K)

SCUUUUUM GAAAAAAAAAAANG

It's not cause of the keys that I identify them C and F look the same so shape alone isn't an identifier. 2 black 3 black and the whites that touch make the octave.

To be pedantic they are slightly different, the upper part of C (and E) is thicker than F's (and B's). Kinda like O and 0.
Still, you do have a point because you mostly look at black keys because identifying the groups of 2 or 3 is more effective and efficient than looking at the single key shape.
Despite this digression, the point was that you can identify piano keys due to their shape, and the kind of identification is different than a typing keyboard's.

Playing computer games would unironically help you memorize the keys

Test each key and paint a letter on them?

My wpm went up by 35 when I switched to a blank keyboard for a month

I never use my pinkies

Okay I'll concede on the piano thing. But I still think touch typing is a good skill to learn. I'm sure you already have a good idea of where the keys are so just try some blind typing every once in a while on your current keyboard.
shows homerow typing, using the bumps on F and J as landmarks to orient you and you learn out from there. Endgame though you're gonna start leaving the homerow more often and hovering your fingers over the next few letters in a sentence. I'd get your pinky in shape though cause you're operating at 80% capacity without them.

Is this whole thread bait or is OP the biggest bitch zoomer? He complains about getting a decent keyboard FOR FREE, can't touch type, can't be arsed to change some keycaps or even to google search.

OP, if you read this, please give the keyboard back to your brother and come back here when you turn 14.

You can just send it to me instead.

Damn I dont have a double digit iq I have a triple digit one, guess I'm fucked.

I'm glad you could get where I'm coming from.
Touch typing is something I instinctively started doing but I'm used to use only three fingers out of five. I can live with that and I'm not too slow either so that works for me.
Ironically I do play piano, bass and guitars yet I can't use ring finger and pinky for typing because it feels uncomfortable for some reason.

>dyeing your findernail like a faggot
as expected from Jow Forums

Attached: leatherboy.jpg (564x428, 67K)

Gods that's fucking retarded. What's next? A keyboard with no numlock? Shiggy diggy

Attached: faba5cce-89cc-4f11-ae97-c35c6f4a1bfc.jpg (640x640, 72K)

Maybe mechwarrior 3 or something but most gay games nowadays barely use anything other than wasd moves and qerf for abilities

I assume everyone in this thread is just kidding especially op, or it's a very thinly disguised mechanical keyboard with No Label thread

First person shooters alone will make you memorize your standard WASD, shift, control, tab, alt.
Q, E, R, F for Quake.
Add T and B for Counter-Strike.
Y is typically chat (or enter).
The next popular genre like MMO/RPG will train you on [H]ero, [J]ournal, s[K]ills, quest [L]og, [P]arty, O (extra), [I]nventory, [U] extra.
All of this is literally babbies first videogames and covers a whack of keys already.

you don't access those keys from the home row so you ain't training shit

Kek underrated