Is the IMac Pro still a good deal?

Is the IMac Pro still a good deal?
I am looking for a prebuild desktop, Mac Pro is obviously only for hollywood-movie producers, and I refuse to use Windows as my main OS.

Non-meme answer please.

Attached: new_2017_imac_pro_editing.jpg (2000x1128, 797K)

It has never been a good deal.

>is an overheating throttling heap of shit that runs a toyOS and dies after 6 months a good deal?

No. It never was and never will be. Looks nice though. Build a 2009-2010 Mac Pro instead, or get the new one. If you don't want obscene amounts of computational strength, just max out a normie iMac.
t. macfag.

/thread

>toyOS
Throw around more buzzwords faggot.

MacOS > Linux > Windows

Attached: 1507815154488.jpg (500x400, 66K)

>seething

Attached: 1559364910517.gif (1200x1200, 2.7M)

>Unix
>toyOS
I bet a wintoddler said this.

Linux is a kernel.

>i don't like this os so i spend my free time posting about it on an anonymous image board

makes sense

Attached: 1559942488506.jpg (687x961, 145K)

No, build a custom system and use GNU/Linux

>build a custom system
No support.

Man that's truly the mutt face of America.

Unix is much worse than a toy OS. It's actively malevolent.
Thank G-d GNU's Not Unix.

Attached: 1531832738729.gif (400x508, 191K)

>GNU's Not Unix
You know that's just the name for legal reasons, right? GNU is still explicitly a clone of Unix.

iMac Pro is a good deal if you actually need/want the hardware that it includes, meaning realistically whether you need Xeon features, ECC memory and 10gb Ethernet.

If you don't know whether you need the hardware, you probably don't. You'd then be better off looking at the regular iMac (which, again, is still a good deal for the hardware it includes).

Do you know why Stallman decided to clone Unix specifically?
Hint: it wasn't for technical reasons.

>Do you know why Stallman decided to clone Unix specifically?
Because the overall design was already proven and portable, and because compatibility makes it easy for Unix users to switch from Unix to GNU.

>because compatibility makes it easy for Unix users to switch from Unix to GNU.
Correct.
>Because the overall design was already proven and portable
Wrong.

fuck off homo

That was a quote from RMS, by the way.

You forgot the part where he mentions he never used Unix, never for a minute, in his own words.

I don't see why that would have been necessary.

> ((support))
- that will be 999.99 for a new 4gb ram stick. please come again!
- sorry if we change your motherboard, the data will be lost *tosses ssd in trashcan* that will be 1299.99. please come again!

Not what I am referring to.

just hackintosh retard

perhaps, but that's what you'll get with apple.
> you took the applecare program. but it's your fault if it broke ! not covered ! that'll be 699.99! please come again!

That isn't how quoting works, newfag.

Unironically do a Hackintosh, I can't say for sure if on-metal or VM solutions are better. VM might be best if stuff fucks up though?

The regular imac is a piece of trash with its 5400rpm laptop tier hdd. You have to pay a lot of extra for a damn 256gb ssd

Fair point, but it's sort of assumed you'd build the SSD upgrade into the cost here.

If that adds too much to the price for OP then Apple is the wrong company to be buying from. They don't really do budget, but if you can afford what they do offer it's not any more expensive than a PC.

If you've already got a big 5K monitor, though, I don't know what to do with Apple. I know nothing about the Mac Mini.