Tfw you forget some of your 50 character encryption password because you used symbols and capitals in odd places

>tfw you forget some of your 50 character encryption password because you used symbols and capitals in odd places
>tfw it was mostly muscle memory but after a few months of not using it, I can't enter it correctly

How do you cope with this feel? Do you worry someday you'll forget your password?

Attached: 1kinni.jpg (600x596, 165K)

Aw shit, you must be retard next time make it shorter and write it down fagfrog poster

Don't cope, use a password manager next time. And not a proprietary one.

It's too risky to use in a password manager. It's like the master password of it.

>write it down

Again too risky if anyone found it.

One passwd to rule them all.

>50 characters
Your brain is adapted to hold seven digits in your short term memory. You can get away with a complicated password that's double, maybe triple that. You asked for this.

just imagine a mansion where are the furniture are numbers lmao

what are you hiding?

Attached: 1559979343306.jpg (598x800, 69K)

Good. Now you can't distribute it anymore you damn pedo

Perhaps with just alphanumeric characters. Is that even secure though if you put a sentence down?

i have my bitcoin wallets encrypted in such way that i don't know password
I need to run script that is bruteforcing it from various words i remember

Just use "password" for your password, nobody will ever guess it.

>use a sentence as a password
Literally no harder than remembering a word, plus its many millions of times more secure.

>tfw use the maximum amount of characters possible
>mfw trying to remember it

Attached: kalergi.jpg (481x703, 75K)

Look up diceware.

write a list of all possible variations that it could've been. try each one until you're certain you've entered it correctly and it still didn't get it right, then strike it out.
happened to me, altho my FDE pw is sub 10 chars rather than a whole fucking essay, lmao

>tfw haven't forgot any of my 50+ passwords of size of 20+ characters, numbers and symbols

Attached: 1515438151116.jpg (1542x1102, 369K)

No, my master password is short but impossible to bruteforce. Security key is printed out and I have the PDF on a few backup microSD cards.

wow thats really secure, fucking retard
also retards

Who the fuck you think is after you, NSA?

That's not what he said. He also said that Jews and christians should defend their religions from secularism.
Gotcha! Dumb Jow Forums, can't even pretend to be a nazi

Literally just make your password a 50 character long string that's a bunch of words in a little story you can remember

TheDogJumpedOntoTheLimoAndShoutedHello

No one will ever guess something like that, ever. And it's impossible to be brute forced

Unironically a good idea

This is both genius and retarded at the same time

Holy shit

Attached: 1544348654736.jpg (500x373, 32K)

>It's too risky to use in a password manager.
It isn't if you use a FOSS one.
>It's like the master password of it.
Yeah? And? So? You're not just blindly trusting a company and poeple on YouTube paid to advertise it.
So, what's your genius solution then since everyone else is a retard? Huh?

not really I just use words I can remember as my passwords but use ciphers like 1337 and others to make it harder to crack

Attached: goatbeard2-668x1024.jpg (668x1024, 87K)

All dictionary words. Could easily be put through a sophisticated dictionary attack.

What you do is come up with phrase
>i like to pet dogs cats are icky
Add some capitalization and marks
>I like to pet dogs. Cats are icky!
Some random numbers
>420I like to pet dogs. Cats are icky!69
Remove the non word stating letters and spaces
>420Iltpd.Cai!69
You could even add a letter denoting the service, eg.: a for your adobe account
>420Iltpd.Cai!69a
There you go, a decent password with high entropy, hard to remember of someone tries to shoulder surf you, and you could even write down the original phrase as a reminder

this, also use "username" as username

i hate using this faggot comic but this is relevant

Attached: password_strength.png (740x601, 91K)

>implying the limit for short term memory is anywhere near the limit for long term memory
I memorized 100 digits of pi in high school as part of a pissing contest with my friend, and still know all 100 digits 10 years later. You're fucking retarded if you think long term memory is that limited.

it's okay, the NSA remembers your password ;)

>What are dictionary attacks

Attached: bls.jpg (800x450, 44K)

"Password1" is absolutely secure. "password" can be cracked by any of the world's superpowers' Intelligence agencies with their supercomputers in under a month.

getting 4 words correct out of a dictionary is more difficult than getting 1 word + leetspeak + 2 chars

hunter2

>einstein quote about not filling your head with useless shit

lol, qdb reference. oldschool.

>tfw have multiple passwords like this
4üÜ}åWhPç8¤~áÍíSÚ@`yr¼þk,¿nó¾ûê´«Ä9§Ï}¨Êêŵ+L;3X½ówZÃGÞ·ëfç7çv¥>Û~.,W)é~R5ÖÞÆ̾ã¨Çe$Æÿ¿pe¿`)üá½~ı»'!ª:¡ÊÊb{wÚ)ý.nTÔz©[Õì±65d_A and don't need to remember it because use KeepassXC like a non-retard.

this thread is sponsored by lastpass

>he was too stupid to come up with mnemonic but secure password
L.m40iNG^a.7^u.R^L.1fe^n.1GGER

>hides random 64 character tinfoil passwords inside a potentially vulnerable manager software using "password" as the master

>not using a single-factor YubiKey

but how much? and it's much easier to remember 4 words in a meaningful sequence then the mixed up pw

why doesn't this spoiler reveal itself when I mouse over? I can't see the text

Jow Forums blocks out your user name and password if you type them here

>tfw you mount encrypted volumes onto a system without a system volume with FDE

Attached: empty.jpg (500x500, 54K)